SP Staff

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

SP Staff

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am

Is there anyone from the South Park staff I can talk to online? If so, maybe that person will tell me if Stan and Wendy are now back together or not because we can't wait until season 21 to show it.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Re: SP Staff

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 am

Dude, nall would be the only one as Big-Will works from home and nall works at South Park Studios. As of other people that come to forums, no one else that works with South Park Studios has been in these forums for a long time. I have chatted here for like 4 years and no one comes here from Viacom. Just chill out and wait like the rest of us. No one is allowed to ask for people to talk to for the most part. Nall would be the only one but he/she does stuff...? I know I've heard Matt and Trey think about what to do for the new season but if Wendy and Stan are back together is small potatoes. Those two are always on and off. There is so much stuff on the show that has happened that lots of times I don't think that past episodes are part of the continuum. Just realize that Stan and Wendy are suppose to be together but its fun to break them up. I think some of it is based of Archie comics. I mean what if Trey and Matt want them broken up for a while? Its really their call dude.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:00 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 am
Dude, nall would be the only one as Big-Will works from home and nall works at South Park Studios. As of other people that come to forums, no one else that works with South Park Studios has been in these forums for a long time. I have chatted here for like 4 years and no one comes here from Viacom. Just chill out and wait like the rest of us. No one is allowed to ask for people to talk to for the most part. Nall would be the only one but he/she does stuff...? I know I've heard Matt and Trey think about what to do for the new season but if Wendy and Stan are back together is small potatoes. Those two are always on and off. There is so much stuff on the show that has happened that lots of times I don't think that past episodes are part of the continuum. Just realize that Stan and Wendy are suppose to be together but its fun to break them up. I think some of it is based of Archie comics. I mean what if Trey and Matt want them broken up for a while? Its really their call dude.
Their first breakup was way funnier than their current one which looks too depressing. They already broke them up for a while once and wouldn't want any future breakups of their to last longer than one season.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am
Is there anyone from the South Park staff I can talk to online? If so, maybe that person will tell me if Stan and Wendy are now back together or not because we can't wait until season 21 to show it.
As I'm not being paid to work here - this is a volunteer position - I have no access to anything they're planning next season. If Nall knows anything, he's probably sworn to secrecy, so he's not sharing anything unless they allow him to. You're not getting any inside information here.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:10 am

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 am
SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am
As I'm not being paid to work here - this is a volunteer position - I have no access to anything they're planning next season. If Nall knows anything, he's probably sworn to secrecy, so he's not sharing anything unless they allow him to. You're not getting any inside information here.
But it's confusing at the moment because the show hasn't shown them back together yet but they're a couple in TFBW and I need to know if the game will take place after Season 20 or not.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 am

Again, that will have to wait until the game is out.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:51 am

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 am
Again, that will have to wait until the game is out.
Some things are just too important to wait for and better off happening as fast as they can.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:20 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:51 am
Some things are just too important to wait for and better off happening as fast as they can.
That, of course, is your opinion, and you're not the one writing the game or the show. Nor are you the one they have to answer to. You'll just have to wait.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Nobody knows anything. I wouldn't have lost as much sleep as I did over the years if they did. An episode is done within a week, sometimes an idea spread out over a couple weeks. Those decisions are made in the writers room during a season, sometimes ideas never make it. Almost every idea is worked on within that period. If you were to ask the writers, even they probably wouldn't know right now.

As for the games, those are more complex. More based on recent and past seasons. They're also games, not the show itself. They also take a lot longer to make.

That's it. That's all I can say. 20 years of watching this coming August and the nobody knows until the last minute thing is probably one of the most unique things about it.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 am

The active site staff are Big-Will, myself, nwt000 and Nall. The first three of us work from home in volunteer positions and have no formal connection to South Park Studios - though some of us can dream. Big-Will does the forums, me and nwt000 do the wiki. (There's other wiki staff members but I don't believe they're active?) I don't want to speak much for Nall, as he works in very mysterious ways, but he's never really given out information that wasn't for official release. He's not Matt or Trey.

There was a time when staff members like Eric Stough used the board infrequently, but I believe all of that was over ten years ago now, before even my time, and I've somehow become one of the older timers as others drop off.

I sympathize, as I've been in your place before - I remember after "The List" aired, wondering if Stan and Wendy were back together or not - but try to be patient. Asking around here won't help you find the info you're looking for. We're all going to have to wait for August... but at least it won't be until October. :)

Return to “Q&A”