Fat Beard

Moderator: Big-Will

Fat Beard

Postby Braminoid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:50 pm

In Fatbeard on the annoucment he says "No Jews" but Ike is Jewish and he was allowed on his crew.

Re: Fat Beard

Postby dvda92 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:03 am

That may be, but my thought why he was let in was: He has no "Jewish blood". He is adopted.

Postby Pachinko » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Just because Ike was adopted doesn't mean he isn't Jewish. Ike was adopted by a Jewish family and circumcised according to Jewish tradition in "Ike's Wee Wee" in Season 2, two strong if not dispositive indicators of Jewish affiliation. Besides his Canadian background the show is silent as to Ike's personal heritage; regardless of the disposition of his natural parents, he would be considered Jewish by Jewish law, most people, and, I would venture to say, most certainly by Cartman. Since Cartman stands by the proposition that Jews can't be pirates, that he allowed Ike to join the pirate crew anyway could be explained away by Cartman being too distracted about the trip to Somalia, more concerned about not having Gingers join, forgetful that Ike was Jewish, or any number of reasons. I'm guessing this was an oversight by the writers, but not one of such magnitude as to ruin the episode.

Postby Petran » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:26 pm

he might be religulously jewish but not ethnicly

Return to “Season 13”