South Park Advertisement Aired on MTV

Can't seem to pick up that version of The Most Offensive Song Ever with just Mr. Hankey singing? Post your hopes and dreams here!

Moderator: Big-Will

dinghy

South Park Advertisement Aired on MTV

Postby dinghy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:50 pm

I was watching the MTV video music awards about 2 years ago and as I was being exposed to the cynical, depressing, sh*t that is MTV programming, this ad for south park/comedy central came on. This was basically the premise,

the boys all staring at the TV in Cartman's house, half closed eyes, open mouth. Trey's voice-over, "Welcome back to the Video Music Awards! Where MTV brainwashes children into systematically consuming utter garbage and shows them no other alternative than what we WANT them to watch! now back to the show!" and I think it changed to a shot of the TV with the comedy central logo on it.

IT f*cking BLEW MY MIND. Like there's all these ads for Honda and Hollywood teen movies and Kim Kardashian's perfume, and then THAT comes on. I was watching the VMA with a bunch of friends who actually enjoy pop music, so that came on and it was like I was reminded that there's a world outside of the garbage peddling that masses of people consume everyday, masses including the people immediately surrounding me who are my closest friends.

Ive never seen that ad since, do they air it every year? It DIDNT look like current animation they use. It looked like it even pre-dated the 2000s, like it was BIgger Longer Uncut era animation. I think about this ad all the time. This forum is literally the only place I'll get any closure on finding this. :tweek:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: South Park Advertisement Aired on MTV

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 pm

The only time Matt and Trey appeared at the VMAs, as far as I know, was in 1998, when they spoke to the press before the show began, and when they introduced the Dave Matthews Band. What you posted sounds like something they'd say, but there doesn't seem to be a record of it online.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Hard to find Audio/Video”