The Fractured But Whole general discussion

Looking for a certain game? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

Jackstanbrah7

Re: The Fractured But Whole general discussion

Postby Jackstanbrah7 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:52 am

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:58 am

So obviously, as we saw in the gameplay footage, Scott is your buddy during the Peppermint Hippo section of the game, and he's clearly locked as your buddy since, well, he's the one appearing in all the cutscenes + in the menu before the combat, there's clearly a lock on him, as well as the other two empty spots.

BUT, in the gameplay showcase at E3 2016, you can clearly see the same battle, but with Token as your buddy. I'm probably going really far fetched now, since this seems a little advanced and complicated for a South Park game, particularly if you want to tell a story that's not broken, but what if you get to chose your buddy before this section, along with oher specific parts of the game, and THEY will be the one who's with you instead, meaning the cutscenes changes characters depending on which buddy you picked... But again, seems kind of odd if you want to tell a proper story, would be hard if there are moments you can bring on any character.

As awesome as that sounds, I don't think that's the case; you are locked with (only) Scott the whole time you're in the Peppermint Hippo level; my guess would be that you'll be able to replay any mission with any character/s. Remember, although the maximum amount of buddies is 3 at a time, you can still have 2 or even 1 buddy at a time, if that's what the level or section limits you to or if you choose to do so.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:38 pm

I don't think so either, I just went a little crazy with my imagination :lol: but I'm still curious why we see Token there. Then again, it was footage made by the devs, who can obviously manipulate however they want and maybe just put Token there for whatever reason. Or maybe it was just originally supposed to be Token, but was later changed to Scott.

Going back to play certain missions wouldn't really make sense, considering the game flows with the story, it would be weird to just re-enter and do a mission you've already done...

BUT, as I wrote this I remembered something... They've mentioned time travel in this game. All we know about it though is that you will be able to time-fart in combat, and Stan's line from the trailer, "I guess you have farts that stop time or something?". Maybe, just maybe, you actually travel back in time and change the past... And for some reason you brought token instead.

Honestly, since we're on the topic of time travel, something really neat would be if you had to fight your future self, but then later on in the game, you are that future you which you fought... Yeah, far fetched, but that'd be neat for sure :roll: :wink:
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm

I'll add in that maybe Scott had been beaten. Maybe when a character is beaten they leave the scene. So maybe Scott is not there because he was beaten. Why is Token there? Maybe you can call in reinforcements at anytime and in any battle! I didn't play the first game but maybe if a character is defeated, that they are now unplayable in the rest of the game. So it could be that you are allowed to call for reinforcements as much as you want but if one of your friend is defeated, then they are not in the game anymore. So Token may have been summoned to help in this fight.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Eh, probably not, considering the cutscenes after this fight requires Scott. And a lot of sh*tty players would get f*cked over immediately.

Speaking of buddies dying, we've seen Mysterion as a ghost during combat in some trailers. Last game if Kenny died, he magically came back to life by himself after you've went two turns (I think), maybe this game he just becomes a ghost. I wonder if his attacks are more powerful or less powerful? I mean if he was more powerful, wouldn't you just kill Kenny every battle? :P
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 am

Butters... Is not on the list of available allies :evil:
Jackstanbrah7

Postby Jackstanbrah7 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm

So if Craig & Red are actually Cousins, wouldn't that make Red SuperGirl? I'd love to see Super Red as a future DLC buddy!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:07 am

Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm
So if Craig & Red are actually Cousins, wouldn't that make Red SuperGirl? I'd love to see Super Red as a future DLC buddy!
They're not cousins.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Jackstanbrah7

Postby Jackstanbrah7 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:42 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:07 am
Jackstanbrah7 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm
They're not cousins.
That's why I said "actually".
There's (hopefully) still a chance though; Trey & Matt do listen to the fandom, how else could we have "Tweek X Craig" canonized.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm

A few radom notes from me

- I find it weird but still amusing that we use these superpowers during battle such as Timmy being able to teleport, Tweek summoning thunder, Kyle shooting lasers out of his eyes etc, but we're just kids pretending, so you'd assume this is the same case as in Good Times With Weapons where we see everything the kids are imagining. However, we use the powers again real adults who are actually trying to hurt us, yet we manage to win :lol: and honestly I love it that it's never explained, we just roll with it.

- In the Coon & Friends episodes the kids were constantly trying to deepen their voice to sound badass and I'm really glad they aren't doing that in this game. It's funny when Cartman does it, but when they all do it, especially Kyle, it gets kind of annoying. They can still say badass quotes with their normal voices. Which they're doing now, thank God.

- And while on the topic of voices, really glad they used Clyde's actual voice this time insted of having Matt voice him.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 am

Who does his actual voice?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:13 am

Trey? Feels like you're asking ironically or something, but Matt voiced him as Mosquito in the Coon & Friends episodes.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:33 am

There is new TFBW gameplay!

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: Gamescom 2017 Gameplay Walkthrough | Ubisoft [US]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1B3zWrHVPk&t=2s
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:42 am

"New" lol. The only new thing we got to see there was the 10 second cutscene at the end :(
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Nevermind, Matt's doing his Mosquito voice again.

Also surprised this hasn't been bumped, basically the entire beginning of the game has been released to YouTubers.

Return to “South Park Video Games”