The Fractured But Whole general discussion

Looking for a certain game? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: The Fractured But Whole general discussion

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:54 pm

I do see some Season 20 references in these videos.

Around town
1. a clump of member berries providing nostalgic commentary ('member when...?)

Items in Cartman's closet
2. A Danishes for Denmark box
2. a Danishes for Denmark shirt
3. A SpaceX cap
4. A Thing 1 shirt
5. Little Red Riding Kyle
6. A Token's Life Matters shirt
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Yep. Member berries are collectables. And Cartman's closet was like 90% season 20 references. I wonder what it originally looked like back in 2016
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

It looked like this. You didn't get to see all the closet like you do now, and of course this was before Season 20 began.

Fun fact: Cartman's notebook has a Christmas wish list on it. In 2016, one of the items on that list was the PS4. Now it says GS4 there.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am

Oh yeah how did I forget that. I've watched that gameplay video at least ten time.
MichaelTanzerCanada

Postby MichaelTanzerCanada » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 am

I was hoping Heidi would be The Coonette in this one…but who knows!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 am

I was literally just offered the game for free by Ubisoft. Life is sweet.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 am

TOMORROW, folks!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 am

The game is fantastic. Better than the Stick of Truth, even if it lacks the out of nowehere novelty of that one. Just hit Wednesday which is, by what I can tell, the final day? Game is clocking in to likely run longer than Stick of Truth, though not by the 2x amount many believed. Replayability seems to be higher. A lot of really nice touches for characterization. Big winner of the game is probably Craig, who receives good development and is a very useful character to have around in a fight.

All in all, a very worthy sequel to Stick of Truth.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 am

Craig's sister appears in the game and even talks and you get a selfie with her if you collect enough yaoi. What was her name again?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Finished the game. Didn't do everything, but I only have a few fetch quests left to do before 100% it. Playrun was only a little longer than SoT by the end. The first two days are the best. Day three had a lot of fun stuff but felt really short, while day four was packed full of story beats. You gain full access to the roster by day three and from then on you can have a lot of fun mixing and matching.

The story matched SoT in general tone, though it never had anything quite as consistently funny as the Canadian section or as childlike as the Girls Makeover section. Instead, the game had healthier, better sidequests for many characters. Wendy, Craig, Tweek, and Kyle had sidequests I really adored. The main quest was more compelling and featured more plot twists there. Combat wise there is more depth and way more replayability inherent in the design. Is the game necessarily harder? I'd say no, not really. You get swamped with options on the fourth day.

Individual wise, the real winners are Craig, Scott, and Wendy. Craig seems to have a metric ton of dialogue depending on who is selected and is one of the earliest characters you can pick. Between his in-battle dialogue depending on who else is there, his sidequests with and without Tweek, and his simple yet effective combat style, he was a real winner.

Wendy found a consistent home in my team. Excellent in all offensive phases, more upbeat and positive dialogue, and fun story placement. Scott has...character, actually? And he manages to be charming. This isn't to say the other characters are bad, of course, as every character has something fun and interesting to say and every character has a role. Some are more difficult to slot in depending on team makeup, but I never felt like I had a wasted slot.

In terms of missed opportunities, I feel like there is a lot of potential missed on Day 3 and Day 4 based on who you can select. The initial group you have access to are fleshed out mission wise, but the second batch, not so much. There are characters and cliques I thought would play bigger roles that didn't. DLC can play a big role in this- I am excited to see what they have in the pipeline. We know a few things, of course. If there is more past that then I hope to see some of those characters and cliques.

Overall, I liked this more Stick of Truth. Stick of Truth lacked replayability where I think this one has considerably more. The embrace of the DLC model means that Fractured But Whole could be considerably added onto without harming the base game, which can only bode well.

Awesome.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 pm

I haven't played the game but have been finding time to watch gameplay. I really like the King Crab character. That one is my favorite. I've been needing to mention him. If the Crab People are ever done again in an episode, doing their royal family will be a must. If I had to be a member of the Crab People, I'd want to be like King Crab.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:10 am

I still wished David Rodriguez was in the game as a member of Coon and Friends.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 pm
Individual wise, the real winners are Craig, Scott, and Wendy. Craig seems to have a metric ton of dialogue depending on who is selected and is one of the earliest characters you can pick. Between his in-battle dialogue depending on who else is there, his sidequests with and without Tweek, and his simple yet effective combat style, he was a real winner.
Wait, which side quests did he have that didn't involve Tweek?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Scott has...character, actually? And he manages to be charming. This isn't to say the other characters are bad, of course, as every character has something fun and interesting to say and every character has a role. Some are more difficult to slot in depending on team makeup, but I never felt like I had a wasted slot.
Scott may very well be the breakout character of this game.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:44 pm

nall wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 am
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Wait, which side quests did he have that didn't involve Tweek?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Scott has...character, actually? And he manages to be charming. This isn't to say the other characters are bad, of course, as every character has something fun and interesting to say and every character has a role. Some are more difficult to slot in depending on team makeup, but I never felt like I had a wasted slot.
Scott may very well be the breakout character of this game.
I don't want to reveal the entire thing because I want people to experience the more charming elements of the game for themselves, but Craig's very first quest. While you could say it involves Tweek on the fringe, it doesn't involve Tweek, and does a good job of placing down who Craig is.

As a super major Stan fan, I was a little let down that past night two's mission he didn't receive much. You kinda do the Stan-centric side-quest before you meet him. As a hero, Toolshed is okay but didn't crack my top tier team much. It is kind of strange, actually- Kenny/Mysterion, Stan/Toolshed, and Kyle/Human Kite all seem relatively underdeveloped in the game compared to Scott and Craig. Is this a bad thing? Probably not since we know who the big boys are well enough.

The final main quest is bananas by the way. The most bananas thing in the whole gaming series.
Post-game content is a little weak, but having good post-game content is somewhat rare and not an expectation.
SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 am
Craig's sister appears in the game and even talks and you get a selfie with her if you collect enough yaoi. What was her name again?
Tricia Tucker.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 pm

I've played for a total of 10 hours now and I've only just fought the Freedom Pals for the second time at the playground.

My character and powers so far.

Return to “South Park Video Games”