Stick Of Truth for Xbox One / PS4??

Looking for a certain game? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

BIackbelt

Stick Of Truth for Xbox One / PS4??

Postby BIackbelt » Sun May 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Do you think there's any chance of Stick of Truth coming out on Xbox One and/or PS4?? I'd be great, since I don't have last gen consoles or a decent PC...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Stick Of Truth for Xbox One / PS4??

Postby Big-Will » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Stupid question. There's always a chance. Whether it happens is something else entirely.

And there's no indication that it will happen.

And the XBOne and PS4 should be backward compatible. Unfortunately, they're not.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Barack_Obama

Re: Stick Of Truth for Xbox One / PS4??

Postby Barack_Obama » Mon May 19, 2014 4:02 am

Big-Will wrote:And the XBOne and PS4 should be backward compatible. Unfortunately, they're not.

The architecture is completely different, it would need to be multitudes more powerful to emulate them properly, or have the actual chips used on the previous consoles onboard to play last gen games natively. This is the same reason backwards compatibility was removed from the PS3 in later revisions. The original PS3 was very expensive and have the "Emotion" PS2 chip inside, the next revision cut out some stuff and had part hardware part software PS2 emulation and it had a lot of issues with emulating some PS2 games, so the next revision Sony just dropped backwards compatibility completely.

Being more powerful doesn't always mean it should be able to run older software if that software was made to run on something entirely different. Just think about how a modern computer still struggles with emulating PS2 games in PCSX2.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption

Return to “South Park Video Games”