South Park Games region locked...

Looking for a certain game? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

cidvvc

South Park Games region locked...

Postby cidvvc » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 am

Hello,
I just wanted to know why we cant buy "south park the stick of truth" here in Israel.
The show is being aired here so I honestly don't see why the game isn't available here...
I'm a big fan of the show and would really like to buy the game.
To be specific I cant buy it on "Steam", I hadn't tried "Uplay" yet.
And if you could make the new South Park game available here I would be glad.
Thanks.
JamesPup

Re: South Park Games region locked...

Postby JamesPup » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:36 pm

That is weird you can't get the game there. I couldn't find anything saying there is a ban in Israel with anything South Park. I know there are certain South Park sites to watch the show online so maybe that is the same with finding a place to download the game. I see that Amazon has the game to buy the physical copy or to download online. I don't think anyone here knows anything about what Israel allows their people to download and from what sites, sorry. Seeing how there is no mention anywhere of a ban in Israel than that means there must be a way to get the game. The game is kind of old now, is there not a GameStop or anything there? What do Israelis go with old video games if none?
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:58 pm

cidvvc wrote:Hello,
I just wanted to know why we cant buy "south park the stick of truth" here in Israel.
The show is being aired here so I honestly don't see why the game isn't available here...
I guess it has to do with all the Nazi (zombies) and Semitic (the Jew class) content in the game. This Youtuber has more to say on it. This was Ubisoft's decision, not Matt and Trey's. I haven't heard anything about the Israeli government banning it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:34 pm

I guess Big-Will is right and the game is banned their by Ubisoft. You may want to talk to people at gaming stores or something or write Ubisoft. If you find out that it isn't Israel that has banned the game then you can legally get the game. If it is that Israel has banned the game than you would get into trouble if caught with it. Maybe you can find someone online or outside of Israel that you know that you could pay money and then they can mail the game to you?
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “South Park Video Games”