South Park Studios, Microsoft has sent me after you.

Looking for a certain game? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

Jordan771775

South Park Studios, Microsoft has sent me after you.

Postby Jordan771775 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Right,

I am going to get right to the point because at the moment of writing this, I'm f*cked off with Microsoft becasue of the bullsh*t these companies are doing.

Right, I have not been on this account in years, you can probably tell by the creation date on this account.

So the story, I have not been playing on an Xbox 360 for years, I have been a PC gamer for over 7 years, now, I have started to get back into the Xbox scene, and what better way to start playing some older Xbox titles than South Park Let's Go Tower Defence Play!.

Now, you can imagine my surprise when non the licenses where on my account, long story short, Microsoft has sorted the base game out and has given me my game back, but not all of it.

They have said I need to contact the game creators to get my Chaos character and maps.

What the f*ck, like Microsoft it's your game sort it out!

After telling them this they have said I need to contact the creators, i.e South park Studios.

Well here I am South Park Studios do you mind helping me with this issue.

(And to all those people reading this, yes I will act like a assh*le, because if I get treated like one by Microsoft I will treat people the same as apparently if Microsoft can get away with it, I will get away with it as well).

Put me in the right direction people, who do I have to speak to.
Jordan771775

Re: South Park Studios, Microsoft has sent me after you.

Postby Jordan771775 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Also,

If whoever I speak to needs the reference numbers I have from Microsoft I have them right here.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:16 pm

I would try e-mailing to this e-mail info@spdigitalstudios.com . Its the one given for tech support and feedback by South Park Studios.

Personally, I don't think your going to get anywhere with this, sorry.

So, like you had bonus content from a code or special package you bought and it was saved with Xbox online but you didn't use your account for a couple years and it all got deleted? So, Xbox was able to give you the games you had paid for back but they didn't include the special bonus content? It sounds like there was a special game file or something that you bought and that included the extra content. The problem is Microsoft doesn't have the special content saved or the version of the game you had paid for anymore. Maybe Viacom has it or South Park Studios?

Still this sounds like a lot of work over an old character skin and some maps. Not sure of the history here with cases like this. I think a problem is that no one works on the older games anymore. So like Tower Defense is done and there are no more patches and updates and anything. There may be people that know codes that unlock skins and maps and things like that. Sorry, I really don't know exactly what your talking about. Maybe someone who worked on the game knows where to look to get codes for the skins and maps.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 pm

This link here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961649- ... y/59836364

has someone saying the Chaos character was only obtainable in special packages labeled as such. So, I don't think you can get a code. There were only limited amounts and they all have probably been used. It would probably be too much work to hire people to dig through that old game to find a way to create you a new code, sorry.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Jordan771775

Postby Jordan771775 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 pm

Thank you,

It is a step in the right direction, but I can not even begin to understand Microsoft's logic with this.

According to UK Law, anything that is promotional is still subject to the same things as if the item was bought.

Secondly while Microsoft continues to sell the item on the Xbox Marketplace they still have a duty to fix any and all problems users have with the game, again subject to Trading Standards in the UK, which they sell the game in to us UK people.

So Microsoft agreed with this but they have turned around and said becasue this was a promotion thing with the company it is for them to release whatever it is they need to release.

So at this moment in time it is not a matter of can they or will they, it is a case of they have to and when.

I have had many problems with Microsoft with things like this, it's one of the reason why I stopped supporting the company.

I will see what South Park Studios say's and depending on what they say I will either take what I hear back to Microsoft or I am just going to gun their ass with Trading Standards in the UK.

They take our money and good will and sh*t on us in return, I'm not standing for it.

But again, I thank you for it.

Return to “South Park Video Games”