*1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Ex1lepr0

Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:23 am

Yep! Big changes are a comin, and the boys will be in 5th grade! I'm sure it will bring as much change as it did when they transitioned from 3rd to 4th grade! :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
Mrs.KennyMcCormick

Postby Mrs.KennyMcCormick » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:04 am

Why do I feel like this "Vote for your favorite Kenny death" thing is leading up to... another Kenny death? I think that the last eppy of season 15 is gonna have Kenny die in it. :zombiekenny: <3

Stanluv25 wrote:Well I can assure you I care very deeply about the show overall and the people who are a part of it. And so what if I like to write fanfics? It's a hobby and it's fun. :cartmansmirk:

SOUTHPARK FANFICS FTW!!!!
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Now now, we don't know if the class will move on to fifth grade, but there are things happening now that weren't happening two years ago that have some of us excited at the prospect.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
TheJOJ96

Postby TheJOJ96 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Let's just make sure they never enter middle school.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:16 pm

I want to bring up that this thread is solely about 1%, as the last 2 pages have had nothing except speculation asking if the kids are moving onto fifth grade. If you want to make a fifth grade speculation thread (I may start one myself for the sake of somewhat cleaning this thread up, although I did contribute to this) then go post there. Thank you.

P.S. Just one more off-topic word just because I made this post: I agree the kids shouldn't go past fifth grade. (The approximate formula (give or take) is 1 SP month=1 Real life year.) so it would take about 10 years (providing they go along with it) to get them to 6th grade. And I sadly don't think SP will go past the Season 16 and 17 the signed for.
AtheistOtter

Postby AtheistOtter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Wiles9000 wrote:Cartman plot here reminds me of the Anthony Hopkins movie Magic about multiple personality disorder and murder and ventriloquism. Is there a reference to this :?: :D

Consider your post the reference. I've heard Silence of the Lambs and Fatal Attraction mentioned as well.

Yeah, I get the Fatal Attraction reference, but apparently not the Silence of the Lambs one. :?:
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:29 pm

I think that "say hello to the sunrise" thing is a paraphrase from The Lady from Shanghai, which also has a line that goes something like, "killing you would be the same as killing myself." Seems like an apt reference.

I also find it interesting that a tripwire-triggered death appeared in South Park and Dexter at almost the same time. It was rigged differently, but I wonder if the writers are Dexter fans?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:43 am

NeuroHeart wrote:I think that "say hello to the sunrise" thing is a paraphrase from The Lady from Shanghai, which also has a line that goes something like, "killing you would be the same as killing myself." Seems like an apt reference.

I also find it interesting that a tripwire-triggered death appeared in South Park and Dexter at almost the same time. It was rigged differently, but I wonder if the writers are Dexter fans?

Its possable they are Dexter fans, but the tripwire-triggered death device has appeared alot of times in alot of movies/tv shows. Usually its designed to kill both the recuser and rescusee though.
Dr. Odwier

Postby Dr. Odwier » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:16 am

I loved seeing Cartman playing with his stuffed animals one more time. They sent them off in pure Cartman style. Great episode.
Kelsusaurus

Postby Kelsusaurus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

nwt000 wrote:Anyone by chance have a screencap of the crowd of kids at Clyde Frog's funeral?

I have a couple. If you want to e-mail me I will send them.
Kelsusaurus

Postby Kelsusaurus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 am

AmyElizzabeth wrote:Am I the only one who found the whole deal with Cartman and his stuffed animals disturbing? It kind of freaked me out. What I got from it was after Clyde told him to grow up, and after he read in his moms diary that it was time for him to get rid of his stuffed animals, he went crazy. In a way. What I don't understand is how the panda got on fire if he was asleep..or how Clyde Frog was crucified if it ended up not really being anyone..now I'm all confused.

Sadly, I laughed when Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Token were staring at Cartman having a revelation with his doll. But with that aside..who killed all his stuffed animals?

It was a metaphor to show that Cartman is starting to mature and has lost some of his childhood. I would assume the allusion is that Cartman did it himself, as Polly Prissy Pants couldn't have done it herself (as she is a doll). It makes sense as well, seeing as how Cartman is able in many episodes to be completely delusional and even do things and convince himself that he didn't. Yes, he appeared to be asleep when his panda caught fire, but he totally could have started the fire in his despair after reading his mother's diary and laid down (not realizing that he did it) until the fire got his attention.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too far into it, or not far enough? That's just what I got out of it :/
K2Lover2226

weird

Postby K2Lover2226 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:50 pm

isnt weird that he had a forg named clyde and they have a clyde in their class??
Younghoush

Postby Younghoush » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 pm

This was surprisingly dramic to just be about his stuffed animals...and very funny
monkeyboykhris

Postby monkeyboykhris » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 am

Nice
ImCraigTucker

Wished Cartman dead.

Postby ImCraigTucker » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 pm

I wished Cartman burned with the the rest of his toys.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”