*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

starlitlight

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby starlitlight » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Knuckles owns GC wrote:I never would have thought in a million years that the episode would end this way.. October couldn't come any slower

Don't pout now. One more month to go until season 15 continues!
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Drittt

phuqin kool

Postby Drittt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Wow the end of the episode was pretty heavy. Landslide always gets me. For all the fun theyve poked at Stevie Nicks over the years, it seemed a bit of homage for them to play Landslide. Loved it. Cant wait for rest of season. BUT BEFORE THAT, SEASON PREMIERE OF DEXTER YAY
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 am

This episode was like Matt/Trey's mid-life crisis in animated form.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Candy_Apple

Postby Candy_Apple » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:19 pm

This episode was so good. I felt so bad for Stan. He was going through such a rough time at home and everything, with his parents arguing, and none of his friends stuck by him.

The ending scene where the landslide song played made me cry. For the first week after this episode aired I kept watching that scene and crying each time. Wow, I never knew i could get so emotional over a cartoon.
Cartman, Kenny, Stan, and Kyle are my heroes!!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh dear goodness, once again I watch this episode and once again I tear up. I cannot help but feel so sad seeing Sharon and Randy fight the entire episode before Sharon sees him with that other woman and they have the huge one, finally revealing they want to split...

And how hard it must be for Stan to go through all these changes and doesn't have the support of his friends. And the 'Landslide' montage... so heartbreaking. I still remember feeling confused and in such a state of shock and disbelief. I would always say Sharon and Randy should split and things would be better and happier with them that way. That it would be kinda cool if Sharon took the kids and they lived their own lives. But actually seeing it happen.... depressing.

So ya, even though we know for some reason Sharon and Randy love each other again and Stan seems happy again, it's hard to watch this and not feel upset. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Kennyluv34

Postby Kennyluv34 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Epic episode. It made me really sad the first time I watched it, and I totally wanted to punch Cartman in the face.

How many times have Randy and Sharon been divorced? I've only counted two, but, who knows. I haven't seen a lot of the earlier episodes....

It kinda made me cry a little....at the end.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 am

^ It's only been two but I have a feeling the two will split a third time before the series ends. I expect fights between Sharon and Randy now. I just hope they don't do it in front of the kids. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Jacobp1116

Crazy

Postby Jacobp1116 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Everything was crazy at first at the end i was like what happend?then the 2nd party came like a puzzle
PookaFlame

Postby PookaFlame » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Stupid f*ckin ads, I know you gotta make money some how but do I really gotta sit through 7 of them to skip to the third act??
ZenPopo

Postby ZenPopo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 pm

good thing someone saw that
addictedtoblur314

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Guh, this one was such a downer to end that run with. I was so angry that I didnt get a new episode right away that I kept on getting sad at it, and knowing what's happened in season 16....the reset button wasnt fully pushed. Things just arent the same. Again adding to the sadness In fact, just recently I have bawled to this episode (though it's not as sad as 513) , and since felt sad upon hearing landslide from then on. I'm graduating soon...and I feel like I really shouldnt be watching this episode. Even though I'm not terribly cynical (i mean, i do see myself saying some of the things stan says..and admitting that is big because i am not a huge fan of the marsh family..DX and i do see a bit of myself in stan, but that doesnt mean i like him blahblah) I still...ugh, it feels so relevant. Damn south park for making me cry.

Anyway. Even though the events of this ep isnt exactly what's going on in my life, it is a getting older episode...and moving on episode. I built my life around my college/university and now i'm graduating, and damn....just dont play that song. I love 'landslide', just oh god, i'm gonna go cry in a corner now. Brb,

*sobbing* I know i have to take the left turn but i dont want tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *sobbing*
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu May 03, 2012 9:30 am

addictedtoblur314 wrote:Guh, this one was such a downer to end that run with. I was so angry that I didnt get a new episode right away that I kept on getting sad at it, and knowing what's happened in season 16....the reset button wasnt fully pushed. Things just arent the same. Again adding to the sadness In fact, just recently I have bawled to this episode (though it's not as sad as 513) , and since felt sad upon hearing landslide from then on. I'm graduating soon...and I feel like I really shouldnt be watching this episode. Even though I'm not terribly cynical (i mean, i do see myself saying some of the things stan says..and admitting that is big because i am not a huge fan of the marsh family..DX and i do see a bit of myself in stan, but that doesnt mean i like him blahblah) I still...ugh, it feels so relevant. Damn south park for making me cry.

Anyway. Even though the events of this ep isnt exactly what's going on in my life, it is a getting older episode...and moving on episode. I built my life around my college/university and now i'm graduating, and damn....just dont play that song. I love 'landslide', just oh god, i'm gonna go cry in a corner now. Brb,

*sobbing* I know i have to take the left turn but i dont want tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *sobbing*

Don't cry.

There's no point dwelling on memories. Create some new memories. Life doesn't end at college.

By the way, I was dead-on when I said earlier on this page (scroll up) that this episode was Matt/Trey's mid-life crisis in animated form. f*ck, I'm awesome.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Just saw it again. Hard to watch without tearing up-it was beautiful.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 am

I don't know why. But for some reason, this episode reminds me of Dr. Sleep.
orangehoodedjacket

Postby orangehoodedjacket » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Hooray, Kenny was unhooded! Even if it was for a few seconds, it was good to see it happen!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”