Do you watch anime?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

murasakistarr

Do you watch anime?

Postby murasakistarr » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 am

Like Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball-Z, etc?

I have been watching Sailor Moon for two years now. It's my favorite anime because it has magical girls and deals with good and evil. I like anime with supernatural powers. I always visualize about having one of my own :lol: So what about you? Do you watch anime in your spare time?
South Park is not like Family Guy.

It's me Ikyman
bazi42

Re: Do you watch anime?

Postby bazi42 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm

it goes in ebbs and flows. some years there are a ton of good animes released and other years, not so much.

and when there are good ones, i'm usually over at crunchyroll getting my anime on.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
invaderzimfan#1

Postby invaderzimfan#1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Yes I love anime! My favorite animes are: Black Butler, Higurashi, Ouran High School Host Club, Umniko, Panty and Stocking, Naruto, Elfen Lied,Les Miserables, Rosaria+Vampire, School Days, Clannad, Bleach, Code Geass, Death Note, Monster, and Cowboy Bebop

Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji is my most favorite anime. :)
"Give me prime laughter!"-The Undertaker<3
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm

I wouldn't say I'm a huge overall anime fan because I don't know much about the many ones that are out there. However I do love the Dragonball Series, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece.
Last edited by Kensuke on Sat May 04, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Yes, but not as much as I did seven or eight years ago. Last anime I watched was Hayate no Gotoku! Can`t Take My Eyes Off You, and before that, Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita (Humanity has Deckined). This winter season, nothing.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I've watched eight episodes of Lucky Star in the past sixteen hours. In all honesty, Konata and Kagami's relationship isn't all that different from that of Cartman and Kyle's.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:37 pm

I used to be HUGE into Anime (cicra 2006-2008ish) but the last couple years, I've had a fall out. Haven't seen pokemon in YEARS. Used to watch Bleach and Eureka Seven. I did get into a few Sailor Moon eps about a month or two ago, but I found another couple TV shows (older ones) that I've gotten a knack for.

I've suddenly gotten back into Dexter's Labatory (Cartoon Network-not quite anime but nice to bring up). Some of the jokes when it first came on were over my sad head :roll: but now that I'm older...ironically I find it funnier. :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm

I only watched Avatar The Last Airbender. I don't know if that counts.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:57 pm

It's got anime elements, but it's not anime.
The South Park Scriptorium

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 am

I was a big fan of anime. Now, not so much, but only because half of what's on Toonami (part of [adult swim]'s Saturday block) is dumb and the other half I've actually seen before. Seriously, as much as I love Cowboy Bebop, how often can I watch it before I want to watch something else? It's only twenty-six episodes long. Granted, there's the movie in between episodes twenty-two and twenty-three (I think) that was kickass, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, InuYasha sucks ass, Bleach is sucking now, and the only anime worth watching (other than Cowboy Bebop and FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) is Eureka 7, and I've seen it before. Samurai 7, from what I've seen, is decent, too. Oh, and I really enjoyed Casshern Sins.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:48 am

Yes
GeminiShamrock wrote:Eureka 7.

Eureka Seven was a good one.
Last edited by Milo Vonnegut on Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomRainbowz

Postby RandomRainbowz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

I watch - Black Butler-
Hetalia
Sailor Moon
Pokemon
:D
Lawrence Wright

Postby Lawrence Wright » Sat May 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Watched it a bit when I was a kid, but now too much work. I only have time for South Park. :lol:
Mr. Garrison: Well, I’m sorry Wendy, but I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die. - Greatest South Park Quote Ever
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 am

Kensuke wrote:I wouldn't say I'm a huge overall anime fan because I don't know much about the many ones that are out there. However I do love the Dragonball Series, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece.

I watch all those same series. I also love Death Note and Rurouni Kenshin. I prefer the Pokémon manga over the anime.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm

There isn't a lot in the anime world that really catches my attention, but there are a couple I like.

The most recent was Death Note, for the storylines and even the animation quality.

But the first one I really enjoyed was Star Blazers (or Space Battleship Yamato), a bit of old-school anime from the '70s. Recently, I found three volumes from the first season (out of three), and wouldn't mind finding sweet deals on the rest of them.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”