The Active Thread (It's A Dead Man's Party)

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Brendle

The Active Thread (It's A Dead Man's Party)

Postby Brendle » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

This place is completely dead during off seasons.

It's going to be a ghost town until September.

The world moved on from forums and onto Twitter/Facebook. Stupid dicks.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
VACOOLA

Re: This place is completely dead

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Brendle wrote:The world moved on from forums and onto Twitter/Facebook.

Haha, I didn't. I hate social networks with a passion. But what does it matter in the grand scheme of things? The Mayans predicted this exodus, which only reflects the current status quo. We've been given this supernova, this shiny giant Important Studios with a teeny-weeny planet formerly known as South Park orbiting it, and a long time to wait until said planet is visible again. Take it or leave it. Do you think anybody's going to leave?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Yep, dead dead dead. No new eps to discuss in March and April. :( The only MnT news this week is that Trey's girlfriend is pregnant, so Trey's gonna be a dad. This news has been floating around FB for a day now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:44 am

Well, I have not been here much, because I just wasn't really getting anything out of posting here. I haven't for awhile. I didn't have much in common with the other long time posters, I was only here to argue/debate when I was bored..And, I told certain people on here that the minute I found a good board to post at, I would be gone..Well, I meant it. Certain people need to stop turning every subject into a huge debate or attacking someone the minute they make reference to religious or political beliefs that are not their own. Because those people do not feel welcome here when people treat them like that..And I am not the only one who feels that way..That is one thing that is killing this board. If you want to keep a message board going, you need lots of diverse members.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:46 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, I have not been here much, because I just wasn't really getting anything out of posting here. I haven't for awhile. I didn't have much in common with the other long time posters, I was only here to argue/debate when I was bored..And, I told certain people on here that the minute I found a good board to post at, I would be gone..Well, I meant it. Certain people need to stop turning every subject into a huge debate or attacking someone the minute they make reference to religious or political beliefs that are not their own. Because those people with different beliefs do not feel welcome here when people treat them like that..And I am not the only one who feels that way..That is one thing that is killing this board. If you want to keep a message board going, you need lots of diverse members.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 am

Only because I haven't been around. Sorry, guys. (Malignant narcissism, anyone?)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

i think just like everything else, this place ebbs and flows.

right now might just be an ebb.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 pm

It seems the online forum is being usurped by other, more obnoxious social media. None of which I really want to start wasting my time with, so slowly I'll just become a troglodyte stuck in the Oughts online.

Perhaps everyone should think up a good idea for a fun thread and post it. I had some success with the winter thread.

Meanwhile the forum itself seems to not be a big priority for SPS. When's the last time the avatars were all working fine?
Last edited by triplemultiplex on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You read it! You can't unread it!
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:42 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Meanwhile the forum itself seems to not be a big priority for SPS. When's the last time the avatars were all working fine?

i'm actually starting to become amused by that issue. it's like "ok, what will i be today?" :lol:
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm

bazi42 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Meanwhile the forum itself seems to not be a big priority for SPS. When's the last time the avatars were all working fine?

i'm actually starting to become amused by that issue. it's like "ok, what will i be today?" :lol:

As soon as I post this, I will probably show up as a NOOB. But hey, I'm starting to become amused by it, too. :lol:
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:46 am

Glad I haven't missed much by not posting here for a while and haven't been alone in not doing that. The avatars were working last time I posted
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 pm

And they're still not working. lulz XD
Cewyah

Postby Cewyah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Big-Will wrote:Yep, dead dead dead. No new eps to discuss in March and April. :( The only MnT news this week is that Trey's girlfriend is pregnant, so Trey's gonna be a dad. This news has been floating around FB for a day now.

I hope that tiny Eric Cartman's start popping out of Trey's girlfriend!
LOL jk :cartmanevillaugh:
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 am

Awww, Trey's gonna be a daddy? :mrgreen:

I try to come on here often but it is hard to come up with stuff to say when there's no new SP. I still love forums, always a lot to read and post. Screw the 'new' internet socialization.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 pm

It pains me to see what happened to this board when so long ago it was almost impossible to post a new thread and have it stay on the OFF TOPIC first page.
I had a lot of good times on this website, a lot of good times, I miss those days, they were simpler times.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”