The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPolo

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 pm

There is this news story of LA mudslides

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ed-13.html

I think Trey and Matt live in LA, I wonder if their homes are affected? If not them probably people they know are affected. I realize LA is big but it kind of comes to mind if they had a loss.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm

How many people on here are happy with your lives?
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm

I have too much college work. Like I have to do like 80 hour work weeks now of college studying.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 pm

PERCEPTION is key, right? Taking in all of our sensory information and processing it into understanding creates our knowledge and bias. So in school, your employment, or etc. they try to get you to see many sides of an issue, especially when it comes to dealing with people, politics, and history. However, for the most part, you still have bias just like everybody else. You see what you want to see and impose what you see onto others to.

So imagine this...

Your partner in life molded themselves based on the perception of what you would like. They then try to mold into what they would want you to be with persuasion of being the person they love. Then when you fail, they use the perception of others to push you towards rebuke and possibly death.
RLarissa

Postby RLarissa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 am

Someone has to stop being that sensitive. Say, the picture of a door handle is in fact a picture of the building, partially at least, everyone admit otherwise I get all upset. Ridiculous.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 am

RLarissa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 am
Someone has to stop being that sensitive. Say, the picture of a door handle is in fact a picture of the building, partially at least, everyone admit otherwise I get all upset. Ridiculous.
For all we know it's not even attached to a building. :) (from a certain point of view)
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:56 am

Milo Vonnegut wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 pm
PERCEPTION is key, right? Taking in all of our sensory information and processing it into understanding creates our knowledge and bias. So in school, your employment, or etc. they try to get you to see many sides of an issue, especially when it comes to dealing with people, politics, and history. However, for the most part, you still have bias just like everybody else. You see what you want to see and impose what you see onto others to.

So imagine this...

Your partner in life molded themselves based on the perception of what you would like. They then try to mold into what they would want you to be with persuasion of being the person they love. Then when you fail, they use the perception of others to push you towards rebuke and possibly death.
I can understand what you are saying. Its normal for people that spend time together, to become like the other persons thoughts of what that person should be like. I don't think people usually try to fool people the way you think of. There are goals people have when being with another, that would be why someone would want to fool someone like that. I don't get why someone would fail or what the "perception of others" is about. I know everyone has a bad day or loses but it usually isn't to a big deal. There are usually people that would like someone and people that would hate someone. So the perception of others thing would be the persons own fault for letting people that don't like him be their guide.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 am

I am having trouble at Sac State. I still have two A's but I have a C+ and a B- in two other classes. I'll try to do better but its tough.

The good news is my Hawaiian cousin Mark is getting married! So this summer I will get to chill on Maui again! I'll only be there like 6 days but I know it will be real sweet. Not sure what to do with the free time. I may have around five full days to myself. I need to do some fishing there. My uncle owns a boat so I'll have to bribe him into taking me out fishing for a day. My cousin Austin wants to go fishing also. I will need to find some real nice places to eat at the five nights. I know the hotel I'll be at is nice. Its the Maui Coast hotel. They have some live entertainment and nice food but it closes early like 9pm. Not sure what else to do during the days. I know there is seeing the volcanoes, Hana, whale watching and the like with boats, and hiking. I'll like to maybe sleep a lot and get like 10 to 12 hours a day. So that would leave me like 6 hours to sightsee during the day and then the last 6 hours I could get drunk and eat some nice food.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 am

I'm getting scared of going on my Hawaii trip. There is so much news of the volcanoes erupting on the main island. I'll be on Maui not the Island of Hawaii but I've read of fear that all the Hawaii volcanoes may erupt. Also some are saying that the whole ring of fire may erupt. I don't really want to die but I'll go anyways. If there is one place to die, it is Hawaii.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 am

The Dumbo trailer is out and it was awesome. I really want to see this movie. It has me wanting to have my cousins be Dumbo and have them run all around and play.

Return to “Hot Topics”