Anime/Manga Chat!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jake, M'kay?

Re: Anime/Manga Chat!

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 am

seamus, no offence, but in all honesty I think you're the worst poster on SPS. Again, no offence. \
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Mrs._Eff

Postby Mrs._Eff » Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 pm

I used to love anime and manga, but this past year it's kind of died down. I still love a few series, though.

Manga- Suicide Club, Litchi Hikari Club, everything else by Usamaru Furuya ever, Nabari no Uo, Nana, Kuroshitsuji, Hellsing, xxxHolic, Godchild, Fruits Basket

Anime- Ouran High School Host Club, School Rumble, Baccano, Nabari no Uo
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Tue May 25, 2010 11:59 pm

The only show I am actively watching right now is FMA-Brotherhood.

seamus yarr wrote :
> where i live you would probably be cosidered wierd

Who cares about Ireland.

Seriously though, popularity and/or caring that much what people think about you is for high schoolers and people who still act like they are in high school.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/capt_falcone

That's right, a mothafuckin bunny!

I say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways. By force!
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Wed May 26, 2010 1:57 am

capt_falcone wrote :
> The only show I am actively watching right now is FMA-Brotherhood.
>
I really love the Fullmetal Alchemist manga and both the 03 anime and Brotherhood especially since they depict the classic badass version of King Bradley, the 03 version was a insult to the character. But what I am really hoping for is for the rest of Hellsing Ultimate ova's to be released in the U.S they stopped at 4 back in 07 and last I heard Funimation owns the U.S rights after Geneon the company that dubbed and distributed it shut down its American branch.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 26, 2010 4:01 am

seamus yarr wrote :
> where i live you would probably be cosidered wierd for even knowing what [anime]
> is!

That's true in a lot of places. It doesn't mean anything here.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

I saw the opening to Soul Eater, that anime looks EPIC, I have to check it out

I also saw kind of a South Park version of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156rXdBeURM
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Thu May 27, 2010 2:44 am

I'm so happy, Funimation is finally streaming the Brotherhood Dub. I've been watching the Subs as they come out, but Dub is so much better.

evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

capt_falcone wrote:I'm so happy, Funimation is finally streaming the Brotherhood Dub. I've been watching the Subs as they come out, but Dub is so much better.

for some reason I like subs better, the Japanese aren't as picky about censoring
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Thu May 27, 2010 4:53 pm

evilcupcake72 wrote:
capt_falcone wrote:I'm so happy, Funimation is finally streaming the Brotherhood Dub. I've been watching the Subs as they come out, but Dub is so much better.

for some reason I like subs better, the Japanese aren't as picky about censoring

I don't mind minor changes like small censoring. Or non exact translations, like the brother being translated to friend, or stuff like that. I like to relax when watching TV/anime. It's too much work to try to read all the text and watch the show at the same. Especially in scene's where there are multiple people talking at once.

evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Thu May 27, 2010 5:28 pm

capt_falcone wrote:
evilcupcake72 wrote:

I don't mind minor changes like small censoring. Or non exact translations, like the brother being translated to friend, or stuff like that. I like to relax when watching TV/anime. It's too much work to try to read all the text and watch the show at the same. Especially in scene's where there are multiple people talking at once.

I agree, I just can't stand when they DUB anime and the American voice actors are terrible

The only anime I like to watch dubbed is Hellsing, because I'm impressed that they have British accents
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Thu May 27, 2010 6:26 pm

evilcupcake72 wrote:[I agree, I just can't stand when they DUB anime and the American voice actors are terrible

The only anime I like to watch dubbed is Hellsing, because I'm impressed that they have British accents[/quote]

I believe most of the main characters are English I know Ralph Lister and the actresses that play Seras and Integra are, as for the background and side characters I heard on one of the commentaries for the ultimate series they've used a lot of the actors from the Call of Duty games.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:05 pm

steelspine wrote:I believe most of the main characters are English I know Ralph Lister and the actresses that play Seras and Integra are, as for the background and side characters I heard on one of the commentaries for the ultimate series they've used a lot of the actors from the Call of Duty games.

Cool I didn't know that!

Who says you can't learn anything on the BBS 8)

Call me a cheese ball but I'm obsessed with Soul Eater, it's day 2 and I'm already down to Episode 13 or 14
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 am

Reviving a thread that's been seven years inactive...

Normally, there isn't a lot in the world of anime that gets my attention. While some contemporary ones kinda click with the majority (for me, that was Death Note), I tend to look more toward the classics.

And when it comes to classics, only one will do.

Space Battleship Yamato, known to US audiences as Star Blazers, was the big thing at one time, and I recently got into watching it again. But I built up quite a collection on DVD. The three TV seasons in English dub from the '70s and '80s, the five movies that were shown along with it, the 2010 live action film, and the 2199 reboot from five years ago!

Been checking out eps online for the 2202 season a few at a time, and am curious as to how they'll end the season, as there were two ways they originally wrapped up the story arc in the old series. A film version would have ended the franchise for good, but the redone TV season kept things going after the last battle with one set of invaders.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Let's see...I love Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Champloo, .hack//SIGN, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ergo Proxy, FullMetal Alchemist (both the original and the more manga-faithful FMA: Brotherhood), and definitely anything related to Ghost in the Shell.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
myanime002

Postby myanime002 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 am

I love grand blue manga.
Today, I've been reading manga online from here. This is my favourite.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”