*1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

bmoreravens12

Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Post-Air Discussion

Postby bmoreravens12 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm

It was a good episode. I laughed when randy said "Noooo" Like Darth Vader, could this be a start of a trend? Like the wilhelm scream? Probably not. 7/10

Oh and they should have had Tweek their instead of Dog Poo.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm

bmoreravens12 wrote:It was a good episode. I laughed when randy said "Noooo" Like Darth Vader, could this be a start of a trend? Like the wilhelm scream? Probably not. 7/10

nah, Dogpoo's awesome.

Replace Jason with Tweek - in all my years as a South Park fan and the current week as just a viewer, nobody has ever voiced a liking for Jason.

Kevin Stoley was also missing.
OFFICIAL SOUTH PARK STUDIOS WIKI MODERATOR
My SP Forums | My Fanfics | My Fanart | My Wiki Talk Page
Favorite Characters: Kenny and family, Wendy, Tweek, Kevin Stoley, Mephesto, Pip (RIP)
Favorite Episode: "The List" (s11e14)
RougeCupcake

Postby RougeCupcake » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm

bmoreravens12 wrote:It was a good episode. I laughed when randy said "Noooo" Like Darth Vader, could this be a start of a trend? Like the wilhelm scream? Probably not. 7/10

Although I agree Tweekers was totally M.I.A, Dog Poo being there really put some joy into my heart. He's a character I haven't seen in a while and they brought him back ~ :)
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 pm

JVM wrote:One scene that really shocked me though, was Cartman electrocuting the Mexicans in the water. I loved the little callback ("Eric T. Cartman") but this is a defining moment for him - Matt and Trey pointed out more than once that it's important Cartman never directly kill anyone (having someone killed via Cthulhu or Farmer Bob Denkins doesn't count) and today, Cartman killed a group of people over virtually nothing - that's character development, folks.

Dude it was a taser; he just stunned them. The water was just there so he could tase the whole group at once. If you're going to complain about something like that, complain about Fatass blasting away at Butters with a hand gun.

You read it! You can't unread it!
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Great episode. Loved all the little parody moments, Life of Brian, Star Wars, etc. I was surprised at first that it became a Cartman vs. Butters story, but it turned out great.
Tikal Tyrant

Postby Tikal Tyrant » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Super awesome episode! I also really loved last weeks, but I was super relieved to have a more light-hearted episode after all that seriousness, which I also love! Oh yes, Butters is awesome when it comes to leading Meheecans! It was very cute and will probably go as one of my favorites of the season, or at least up near the top. I do love my boys being boys. Dog Poo being there was pretty awesome. I guess he's still under Cartman's rule since It's a Jersey Thing. But I'll agree with those who said it'd be nice if Tweek was there. Then again, I understand they can't just use all the characters all the time. Super awesome episode!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:21 pm

JVM wrote:Matt and Trey pointed out more than once that it's important Cartman never directly kill anyone (having someone killed via Cthulhu or Farmer Bob Denkins doesn't count) and today, Cartman killed a group of people over virtually nothing - that's character development, folks.

I don't think he killed them, just stunned the sh*t out of 'em.

cannibalisa wrote:But WTF with the Dr. Pepper product placement?? Trey drank it conspicuously in the "6 Days To Air" and now the kids have it at dinner. Have they become a sponsor, or is it just Trey's new favorite drink? :lol:

They've had Dr Pep-er on the show for forever now. Remember in Pre-School, one of the things they tried to bribe the 6th graders with was a 12 pack of DP?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm

I thought the basement scene where they were all sleeping was humorous. It was obviously in Cartman's basement

There was a box in the background that said "Mommy's Toys"

Wonder what's in there
Stan and Kyle :)
Canono

Postby Canono » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Im not sure if any one noticed this but during one of the scenes two cartmans appear. Im not sure if this was intended or if it was just a mistake.
Raneth

Postby Raneth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Dang, I had so many problems making my account I got beat to it, but right when Jimmy gets through theres two cartmans
Ludger25

Postby Ludger25 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Check out the scene where Cartman throws down his hat while talking to Craig at the beginning. There are two Cartmans. One throwing down the hat and the other standing at the top of the stairs with binoculars.
lukehalpert

Postby lukehalpert » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 pm

This episode was unbelievable. One of the best Butters episodes ever. Everything from The Life of Brian references to the final scene was hilarious. Last week was promising but this week the show is officially BACK!
krony2012

Postby krony2012 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Dog Poo is back! When will he ever have a speaking part??? Great episode, loved the "work, Mexican work" montage and epic chase scene ending!
cannibalisa

Postby cannibalisa » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:32 pm

JVM wrote:Replace Jason with Tweek - in all my years as a South Park fan and the current week as just a viewer, nobody has ever voiced a liking for Jason.

I adore Jason! The SP character, and his real-life counterpart! <3
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Hydroleaf wrote:Randy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:lol: I know I heard that "NOOOO" somewhere on the internetz, like on youtube poops...

Darth Vader, Star Wars III, near the end.

The "Life of Brian" scene was a hoot! And the following Mantequilla gets...Good for him! 'Bout time he had some respect, even if in another country.

But during the chase scene with Cartman, I almost expected a few Road Runner or Speedy Gonzales references, like a hearty "YEEHAAA!!" from Butters.

Great stuff overall, perhaps worthy of a 9/10 rating, maybe even more!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”