*1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

CherrehCola
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:42 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby CherrehCola » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Mrs.KennyMcCormick wrote:
Big-Will wrote:OT: Mid-March, which can only mean March 14.

yesss.... I can't wait :)

kalbahamut wrote:Jesus Christ some of you guys take this show waaay too freaking seriously. How do you write fan fiction about South Park?? weird. And not just in this thread but in others... some of the posters to this forum get so emotional about characters dying or being injured or going through emotional distress... it's not a drama people. Not to say that you can't become attached to some of the characters... but the overwhelming majority of the time when they play something as emotional or sad they are doing parody of dramatic shows and again, it's supposed to be funny. Farce. Satire.

I don't want to tell anyone they can't enjoy the show however they choose to... it's just... so freaking weird to read some of these comments. Did you guys cry when Alfred Packer was eating those people at the beginning of Cannibal! the Musical? Or were you wandering what kind of troubling childhood the director character in Orgasmo had that led him to being such a cold and emotionally unavailable adult? Have some of you written BASEketball sports fan fiction? So freaking weird...


Hi, I am an avid South Park Fanfiction writer myself. I have a notebook filled with the misadventures of the characters from South Park. If you don't like fanfic, don't read it. Gosh. >.<

kalbahamut wrote:The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"


Omigosh no. "You're Getting Old" made it hard for me to sleep at night. I was not in the mood for another cliffhanger. A cliffhanger leads me to write fanfic so I can get some internal peace. :/


The girl is right. I don't write or draw anything, but I respect whoever does it. Please let's get along and talk about the actual episode? She did nothing wrong, it's not a big deal to write a story about, say, Style. Calm down, ok? :)
DON'T KICK THE BABY!


~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
VeilaRayne
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VeilaRayne » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:16 pm

I loved this episode and I know there was a lot going on in it, but I still can't believe no one comment on the "my name isn't kal" When I first started watching south park I actually thought that was kyle's name because of cartman >.< It made me laugh so hard.
TheHomestarRunner
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby TheHomestarRunner » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:56 am

kalbahamut wrote:Jesus Christ some of you guys take this show waaay too freaking seriously. How do you write fan fiction about South Park?? weird. And not just in this thread but in others... some of the posters to this forum get so emotional about characters dying or being injured or going through emotional distress... it's not a drama people. Not to say that you can't become attached to some of the characters... but the overwhelming majority of the time when they play something as emotional or sad they are doing parody of dramatic shows and again, it's supposed to be funny. Farce. Satire.

I don't want to tell anyone they can't enjoy the show however they choose to... it's just... so freaking weird to read some of these comments. Did you guys cry when Alfred Packer was eating those people at the beginning of Cannibal! the Musical? Or were you wandering what kind of troubling childhood the director character in Orgasmo had that led him to being such a cold and emotionally unavailable adult? Have some of you written BASEketball sports fan fiction? So freaking weird...

Anywho...

I thought it was just a so-so episode. Par for the course for the show over the last 3 years or so. The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"


Dude, your words ring true about some fans of the show. The "fandom" I see in some of these threads border on brony behavior. It's really lame. I don't know why/how people defend that crap once you see those anime style drawings of Stan and Kenny making out. Or the whole "Yeah, remember that background character in Weight Gain 4000 who said/did nothing? Yeah, well he's actually my favorite character, and he should totally get his own episode this next season and really give him some serious character development. M and T, I DEMAND IT NOW!" :roll: It gets so ridiculous.


Though I thought 15b was pretty solid overall, especially this past episode. It gave me quite a few laughs.
Stanluv25
Posts: 2780
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:32 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 pm

@ Mrs.KennyMcCormick- I know what you mean. I was severely damaged with YGO too. It was all I could do to write fanfiction to keep semi-sane. I swear the wait for Oct 5 was the worst..

but back to this episode...
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
addictedtoblur314
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:@ Mrs.KennyMcCormick- I know what you mean. I was severely damaged with YGO too. It was all I could do to write fanfiction to keep semi-sane. I swear the wait for Oct 5 was the worst..

but back to this episode...


I agree, stanluv. I completely and utterly agree. It changed my entire mood. I was seriously messed up after that episode. I legit was angry that they werent friends anymore and that i had to wait 4 months to see the next one. I was seriously counting down the days. That wednesday of oct 5, i couldnt pay attention in my classes. The months leading up to it i randomly got angry at random times thinking about how they weren't friends anymore. My friends and I were discussing what it would be like without stan, because we figured it would be a while before he came back. Anyway, back to this finale, i'm glad it's not a cliffhanger, i mean, we can pretty much assume kenny will be back.

Anyway, this episode was great as I've stated before, and i fell in love with south park all over again hahahah.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
BDurden
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BDurden » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

Cartman and Kenny huh?

Fat and poor... killer combo. :zombiekenny:
starlitlight
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby starlitlight » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:26 am

Honestly I thought this episode was the best out of the six :lol: season 15 wasn't the best season but it some good episode like "T.M.I", "1%" and "Poor kid". Let's hope S16A will have good non-parody episodes.
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Stanluv25
Posts: 2780
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:32 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 am

addictedtoblur314 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:@ Mrs.KennyMcCormick- I know what you mean. I was severely damaged with YGO too. It was all I could do to write fanfiction to keep semi-sane. I swear the wait for Oct 5 was the worst..

but back to this episode...


I agree, stanluv. I completely and utterly agree. It changed my entire mood. I was seriously messed up after that episode. I legit was angry that they werent friends anymore and that i had to wait 4 months to see the next one. I was seriously counting down the days. That wednesday of oct 5, i couldnt pay attention in my classes. The months leading up to it i randomly got angry at random times thinking about how they weren't friends anymore. My friends and I were discussing what it would be like without stan, because we figured it would be a while before he came back. Anyway, back to this finale, i'm glad it's not a cliffhanger, i mean, we can pretty much assume kenny will be back.

Anyway, this episode was great as I've stated before, and i fell in love with south park all over again hahahah.


what made me so upset was I was and still kinda am going through my parents' recent divorce, living in a new home, new way of life. And I still hate it to this day. And to see that Stan is left with no one to help him cope... it was like watching my own life. Too depressing.

back to THIS ep. I really wonder if the McCormicks changed their ways after being locked away?? :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Editorial1307
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Editorial1307 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:04 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:@ Mrs.KennyMcCormick- I know what you mean. I was severely damaged with YGO too. It was all I could do to write fanfiction to keep semi-sane. I swear the wait for Oct 5 was the worst..

but back to this episode...


I agree, stanluv. I completely and utterly agree. It changed my entire mood. I was seriously messed up after that episode. I legit was angry that they werent friends anymore and that i had to wait 4 months to see the next one. I was seriously counting down the days. That wednesday of oct 5, i couldnt pay attention in my classes. The months leading up to it i randomly got angry at random times thinking about how they weren't friends anymore. My friends and I were discussing what it would be like without stan, because we figured it would be a while before he came back. Anyway, back to this finale, i'm glad it's not a cliffhanger, i mean, we can pretty much assume kenny will be back.

Anyway, this episode was great as I've stated before, and i fell in love with south park all over again hahahah.


what made me so upset was I was and still kinda am going through my parents' recent divorce, living in a new home, new way of life. And I still hate it to this day. And to see that Stan is left with no one to help him cope... it was like watching my own life. Too depressing.

back to THIS ep. I really wonder if the McCormicks changed their ways after being locked away?? :roll:



Not to be Mr Philosophical but...

Anything can change a person's ways. Whether it's a nenw face, a friendly reminder, or a light hearted mood...

I'm lucky... I used to hate being poor but now... it's like... eh.

I'll get to neutral soon but right now... I'm doing ok.

As long as I stay away from The Sharps anyway. <---- not a band
MCK

Editorials, Facebook Posts, Satire, and Break-Up Notes
Mrs.KennyMcCormick
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mrs.KennyMcCormick » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 am

BDurden wrote:Cartman and Kenny huh?

Fat and poor... killer combo. :zombiekenny:


Fat & poor...and stupid :cartmanko'd:
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 17760
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:57 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:I really wonder if the McCormicks changed their ways after being locked away?? :roll:

Ahahahaha, come on! :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Paytonhuntz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Paytonhuntz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow what an Episode!!! With Kenny as my fave. I feel having the episode go in deeper into the family life of Kenny pleased many viewers including my self . Nice work Matt and Trey and long live Kenny :unhoodedkenny: :zombiekenny: :gaykenny:
kalbahamut
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kalbahamut » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:32 pm

AtheistOtter wrote:So your reaction here is to go on a long rant about how people shouldn't be at all emotionally involved in one of their favorite shows? You are taking fairly typical fan reaction - and yourself - way too seriously.


No my reaction was to write a pointed response to a long rant. Your reaction was to completely miss my point, mischaracterize my argument and call a paragraph "a long rant." I'm not taking the people here seriously, trust me. Just the opposite of that.
kalbahamut
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kalbahamut » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 pm

maxbjr wrote:
kalbahamut wrote:I thought it was just a so-so episode. Par for the course for the show over the last 3 years or so. The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"


No, youre wrong here. Most of us don't think the show should have ended with "You're getting old". As far as the shows heyday, well that happened during whatever season you, (or me, or anyone else), liked the best. For some people its seasons 2-5, others its seasons 11-15. South Park has changed over the last 15 years. Some (like me), like the changes, some don't. Never the less, SP is never going back to the mythical "good old days". It's moving forward, and I for one am greatful for that.


No, you're wrong (and not just in your spelling). I didn't say what you said I said.

Some people think of the Third Reich as a great moment in German history. That doesn't mean their point of view has any merit.

and finally, the show is not moving on anywhere. They flirted with the idea of taking the show in a new direction in "You're Getting Old"... decided that that would take too much work and be too risky and announced that they were going back to the same tired old formula in "Assburgers"
kalbahamut
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 am

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kalbahamut » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 pm

CherrehCola wrote:Sorry for the spam. I don't wanna get in the middle of a fight, but I think it's normal for someone to feel bad if their favorite character (fiction-books, movies, TV, ect) got killed off.


Yeah, of course that's normal. I got misty myself when Chef was killed off, both because we all loved the character and it was clear that he was leaving the show for good, and also because I knew that the show was a representation of real-life drama between Isaac and M&T.

What's weird is people getting upset about Kenny dying, when he dies in every episode as part of a joke.
Or people getting upset about the ending of Stanley's Cup because they were upset to see the little cancer kid die whose only purpose was to die anyway.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests