Frequently Asked Questions
Login and Registration Issues
- Why do I need to register?
- What is COPPA?
- Why can’t I register?
- I registered but cannot login!
- Why can’t I login?
- I registered in the past but cannot login any more?!
- I’ve lost my password!
- Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I forgot my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.
However, if you are not able to reset your password, contact a board administrator.
- Why do I get logged off automatically?
- What does the “Delete cookies” do?
- “Delete cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. Cookies also provide functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by a board administrator. If you are having login or logout problems, deleting board cookies may help.
User Preferences and settings
- How do I change my settings?
- How do I prevent my username appearing in the online user listings?
- The times are not correct!
- I changed the timezone and the time is still wrong!
- My language is not in the list!
- What are the images next to my username?
- How do I display an avatar?
- What is my rank and how do I change it?
- When I click the email link for a user it asks me to login?
- How do I create a new topic or post a reply?
- How do I edit or delete a post?
- How do I add a signature to my post?
- How do I create a poll?
- Why can’t I add more poll options?
- How do I edit or delete a poll?
- Why can’t I access a forum?
- Why can’t I add attachments?
- Why did I receive a warning?
- How can I report posts to a moderator?
- What is the “Save” button for in topic posting?
- Why does my post need to be approved?
- How do I bump my topic?
Formatting and Topic Types
- What is BBCode?
- Can I use HTML?
- What are Smilies?
- Can I post images?
- What are global announcements?
- What are announcements?
- What are sticky topics?
- What are locked topics?
- What are topic icons?
User Levels and Groups
- What are Administrators?
- What are Moderators?
- What are usergroups?
- Where are the usergroups and how do I join one?
- How do I become a usergroup leader?
- Why do some usergroups appear in a different colour?
- What is a “Default usergroup”?
- What is “The team” link?
- I cannot send private messages!
- I keep getting unwanted private messages!
- I have received a spamming or abusive email from someone on this board!
Friends and Foes
- What are my Friends and Foes lists?
- How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
Searching the Forums
- How can I search a forum or forums?
- Why does my search return no results?
- Why does my search return a blank page!?
- How do I search for members?
- Visit to the “Members” page and click the “Find a member” link.
- How can I find my own posts and topics?
Subscriptions and Bookmarks
- What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
- How do I bookmark or subscribe to specific topics?
- You can bookmark or subscribe to a specific topic by clicking the appropriate link in the “Topic tools” menu, conveniently located near the top and bottom of a topic discussion.
Replying to a topic with the “Notify me when a reply is posted” option checked will also subscribe you to the topic.
- How do I subscribe to specific forums?
- How do I remove my subscriptions?
- What attachments are allowed on this board?
- How do I find all my attachments?
- Who wrote this bulletin board?
- Why isn’t X feature available?
- Who do I contact about abusive and/or legal matters related to this board?
- How do I contact a board administrator?
- All users of the board can use the “Contact us” form, if the option was enabled by the board administrator.
Members of the board can also use the “The team” link.