Canibal! The musical.

General Discussion on Matt and Trey's films from Orgazmo to That's Allright Ma Ma!

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Canibal! The musical.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:53 pm

SuperMaids wrote:I'm always left wondering why the butcher isn't the killer though, why the church man. The Butcher is just such a jerk-off untill he suddenly just dies half way through of boredom or something.

You missed the part where the churchman (Bell) said he had to defend himself against the three other guys who were going to kill him and eat him? The butcher was one of the guys. Bell killed them all and brought their bodies to Packer to share as food. Packer wanted to tell the authorities, reasoning that nothing would happen to them if the killings were in self-defense, but Bell said no one would believe them. Packer then accused Bell of just killing the others (in cold blood), and Bell went after Packer. As they fought, Packer killed Bell with a pickax, and that's how Packer became the only surviving miner.

Even churchmen can snap and go on killing rampages.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
WiLLiaint

Postby WiLLiaint » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:14 pm

I ordered this DVD last June from the a music store, who said they carried it and had 5 on the way.
"It will take 2 weeks, 3 at most!". 4 weeks later "It will take 2 weeks, 3 at the most!". 8 weeks later "It's not our fault, it's the people who send us stuff. Sorry. It should be here in 2 to 3 weeks."

I tried ordering off Troma directly, but they said they were moving and I couldn't order anything.
It's not carried anywhere else in the city, either.
Oh the woe!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:08 am

Still nothing from Virgin on my end. I'm thinking of going through Blockbuster. It looks like they may have some in the warehouse.
GregW

Postby GregW » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:29 pm

I just ordered a copy today from Amazon. Awesome movie.
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
aerisangel16

Postby aerisangel16 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:00 am

DUDES.

I JUST saw Cannibal! for the first time today. It was so incredibly awesome. I adored it. If you get a chance, watch it with the commentary. Seriously, Trey Parker/Matt Stone commentary is the BEST out there. And while you're at it, watch the Orgazmo commentary too.

At one point Trey mentions how Matt is doing a Kyle voice right after they cross the Colorado River. So just out of curiousity I recorded it and repitched it and it TOTALLY DOES!
darthzartan

Postby darthzartan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:19 am

I just wanted to share this with you all. Around 1997-1998 a deal was reached between the sh*tty art house theater I worked at in san jose california and the canibal the musical people. They thought they could match the (finacial) success of the mid night screenings of the rocky horror picture show.

I f*cking hate the rocky horror picture show. I was the box office person and default manager every f*cking sat night which is when we would show that sh*tty movie to the same goddamn people. These people would dress up and jump around in front of the movie screen while the movie showed. After the movie they would hold "cast meetings" till 4 f*ckin am. I swear to god, in a alternate reality right next to our own, I killed all these people. They are the most annoying mother f*ckers I have ever met. Then a friend of mine, in the middle of the movie, threw a beef toung dressed in a tiny leather jacket into the crowd and planted a goat head in the womans toilet. He was a good friend. So the stupid f*cks call the police without telling me and the cops came to the conclusion that this was the work of a asian satanic cult. I'm not kidding. Anyway, the "cast" and the theater owners decided to call it quits. Victory! Not so fast.

Now a new deal was reached to do the same with canibal "cast" and all. f*ck. Well it lasted about 5-6 weeks before it was cancelled. During this time the drugs flowed like.....there was a lot of drugs. Sex in a theater, it was there. It was fun. Thank you.

Anyway, the movie was funny. Yes, best commentary (along with conan). Crazy as a football bat.
Last edited by darthzartan on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
chel

Postby chel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:26 am

This is my favorite Matt and Trey film for sure.
It's a classic.
I can safely say it has the best commentary ever.
EVER.
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
briman232

Postby briman232 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:28 am

The first time I saw it (only about half way through), I was tired and thought it was cheap and kind of lame. Not very funny.
The next day, I watched it with some friends in my dorm while circulating the doobie. I wish I could laugh like that again. My abs were sore for about 48 hours. Holy sh*t, so funny.
"Look at all the teepee's we have, because, we are, Indians!"
Classic
SimiuS

Postby SimiuS » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:15 am

sweet movie..
I love the trapper song, i play it for my GF atleast 6 times a' day.

I think she hates it nowdays tho...

btw this is my first post, so HI! :P

and gnite :D
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 am

YES! :craig: swivel on it Virgin Megastore!!! Barnes & Noble got it for me in three days. I'm just starting to watch it now.
Youstolemyname

Postby Youstolemyname » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:31 am

I watched this movie for the first time in '98 or '99. It has no reason to be on my shelf... it's not very good. However, I still find myself watching it. Cannibal! is not my favorite movie(I only watch it a few times a year now), but it's worth owning.

PS
I first noticed Cannibal! while looking for something in the Musicals section at the video store(Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, actually). I kept it rented out till I searched all over town and got SunCoast to order me a copy... and for my copy to arrive. Right after I returned the video store's copy, they moved it to the Cult Classics section.
"I'm ObiWan and you're Batman. You get it up the butt."
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:57 am

If anyone is interested, Netflix has Cannibal.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Cannibal_T ... 48275_19_2

Also, if anyone here has an XBox and XBox Live, it's available there as well.

See, I'm helping. :mrgreen:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:50 am

The movie was alright, considering the experience that they had. The commentary was genius. At 20 minutes, you could tell they were buzzed. By 40 minutes, they were plowed. After an hour they were hovering somewhere near the troposphere, it was great.

Return to “Films”