Do any of you really like family guy?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kylebroflovski313

Re: Do any of you really like family guy?

Postby Kylebroflovski313 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 pm

No, I f*cking hate it and always have! I dont care what you people say! It's crap
Favorite Character- Kyle Broflovski
Favorite Episode- The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce

AY! Get your bitch-ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie! -Eric Cartman

REALLY!?!?- Kyle Broflovski
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Well that is your opinion and you have a right to it..But I disagree..I f*cking love Family Guy.
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:32 am

Funny show, fan since the beginning, it's still good. I can't see myself ever turning on the series.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:35 am

I like watching the old episodes. The newer seasons are barf inducing.

But.....

How old was this topic? The last post was in May of 2007.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:26 am

I've reached a point where I like some of it some of the time.
Rumplins

Postby Rumplins » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:15 pm

I like Family Guy the first time, when it was called The Simpsons...and American Dad when it was called Family Guy. Why is it do you think nobody has tried biting SP's style?
Rumplins

Re:

Postby Rumplins » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:23 pm

killkennyagain2000101 wrote:get off south parks d*ck, a few seasons ago south park and family guy were about even, but now south park is getting less and less funny, so id say family guy is better

I was under the impression that South Park was getting funnier and that Family Guy is running out of things to parody. Maybe I'm wrong and you should be working as consultant in the entertainment industry.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:34 pm

I still enjoy the old pre-cancellation episodes. I'm not big on the new episodes though. Needless to say, I don't hate the show, I just don't like the new episodes. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:04 pm

I don't hate it, it's just not the kind of thing i'd choose to watch. I never found the pre-cancelation episodes more than momentarily funny, and none had anything much in the way of plot either to tide them buy without much humour. It's barable, but Matt and Trey's message in Cartoon Wars (it's randomness fails when there's no structure for it to fit into/ it's generic robot humour) is still sadly accurate. It's basically no better than FRIENDS.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:16 pm

To be honest, I can't disagree with the claims that it's getting worse. The last episode was barely funny - as someone put it, it just seems to be running out of things to say. The James Woods episode recently was a nice touch but they could have done more with it (I'm just dying for a 'Once Upon A Time In America' parody.) and it just seems to be jokes that only Americans may get. Still, can't be worse than Season 5 and it's many, many songs. That was horrific.

Ehh, I'll still watch it. I'll never stop. But I'm not happy with Family Guy right now. But ever since the South Park parody, they've become alot more 'self-aware' and taken the piss out of their flashback intro's and such. Gotta give them credit for that. :)
deeedoo

Postby deeedoo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Family Guy's okay. It has its hilarious moments, but it's still not nearly as good as South Park or Simpsons. I also like that South Park actually has a meaning, whereas Family Guy is a bunch of jokes. Nowadays, people seem to think that just because something has a message behind it means it can't be funny. They try to just use mindless humor, telling joke after joke after joke, but eventually it's not funny. I don't think Family Guy is that guilty of this, but I can see why some people might think so.
randomcolors5

Postby randomcolors5 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:45 am

i love it.ecpesialy hitler. it makes me be proud to be a *no,i must not tell them yet.we need to build up our armies.* sorry, i was consumed in thought. hey,would the neo-nazis be considered a riech? :?: i'm confused.
Marilyn Manson rocks! don't let anybody tell you otherwise!
{}Butters{}

Postby {}Butters{} » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 am

I like there older stuff better and yes to me south park is better.
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm

when i started watching family guy last year, i thought it was one of the funniest shows ever. but when i started watching south park, i discovered a show that was golden compared to family guy. i admit, i occasionally watch it, but from now on i am a south park fanatic!

btw... i became a south park fan in january, so some of you might not consider me a fanatic. :timmy:
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:45 pm

I've actually started getting into it, thanks to BBC3. :B If there's nothign else on during the night, I flick over to that and it always seems to be on.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”