Do any of you really like family guy?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Grimm Dreadly

Postby Grimm Dreadly » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:49 am

family guy may be immature, off- killter and just plain f*cking stupid but therein lies it's charm, thats what makes it f*cking classic, that is what maks it beautiful. I mean look at the characters, Stewie is like a smarter, better version of Cartman, and there is just no comparison to Quagmire.
Giggedy Giggedy
silvergull

Postby silvergull » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 am

SOUTH PARK IS MY FAVOURIATE SHOW EVER family guy is ok but if i had a choice to watch 10 episodes of family guy or 1 episode of south park i would choose southpark
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 am

It's hard to explain why I love that show because its charm is somewhat subtle and inexplicable. If you try to describe FG to a person who never watched it he'll most likely think "OMG, it's rude and stupid, and obviously a "the Simpsons"' ripoff". But when at last he watch it... he probably won't change his opinion :P. But it's great anyway.
Grimm Dreadly wrote:...and there is just no comparison to Quagmire.

Maybe someone knows there was a series of quest games named Larry (the last and the best of them, Larry 7, were made in 1997). I have a strong belief that the main character of the game, Larry Laffer, is Quagmire's prototype.

P.S. Nevertheless, South Park is the best.
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©
sunfl0wer

Postby sunfl0wer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:54 pm

I really like Family Guy!! And South Park is the one that made me watch it... :lol: South Park has introduced me to quite many other nice things... But yep, Family Guy is fun to watch, but of course SP is better. ;)
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]
Mr. Warner

Postby Mr. Warner » Tue May 15, 2007 4:02 pm

I like it, i have all 4 volumes and the dvd movie... and with all honesty, i think trey and matt are big fans as well. Think about it, a fanatic of something tries to learn whatever he can about that thing. A fan also parodies that thing he likes. If trey and matt can make two ep's bashing FG, then macfarlane and company must be doing something right.

A real "hater" just ignores that thing he hates.
BrittanyRose

Postby BrittanyRose » Tue May 15, 2007 11:56 pm

I usually only like Family Guy When it's episodes are centered around Stewie. The show has it's funny moments though-----South Park is was f*cking better though!!!!
ImageImage
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:55 am

Mr. Warner wrote:A real "hater" just ignores that thing he hates.

Not always, it depends on what you hate. If it's a type of music you're obviously not going to listen to it, but you can still talk about it all the time. Same with TV shows.

I like Family Guy, not the new episodes, but the first 3 seasons were good.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:36 pm

family guy is good if you watch no more than two episodes back to back. Otherwise it gets annoying
killkennyagain2000101

Postby killkennyagain2000101 » Sat May 19, 2007 4:27 pm

get off south parks d*ck, a few seasons ago south park and family guy were about even, but now south park is getting less and less funny, so id say family guy is better
killkennyagain2000101

Postby killkennyagain2000101 » Sat May 19, 2007 4:31 pm

get off south parks d*ck a few season ago south park and family guy were about just as good. But now south park has gotten worse every year, so id say family guy is funnier.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat May 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Yes, we got your post the first time.
Email notifications do matter, people.
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Mon May 21, 2007 8:22 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Yes, we got your post the first time.

*Chuckles* :lol:
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 am

buttersbutters wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:Yes, we got your post the first time.

*Chuckles* :lol:

:roll:
Email notifications do matter, people.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm

Uncle Alex wrote:Maybe someone knows there was a series of quest games named Larry (the last and the best of them, Larry 7, were made in 1997). I have a strong belief that the main character of the game, Larry Laffer, is Quagmire's prototype.

I knew that series as "Leisure Suit Larry" and they were some of my favorite computer games as a kid. Good call on the Quagmire comparison. Also, Stewie looks VERY much like the main character in an old graphic/comic novel called "Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Boy in the World".

By the way, I watched part of a Family Guy episode this weekend and to call that show Bad would require a re-definition of the word that included an image in the dictionary of intestinal lava.

A real "hater" just ignores that thing he hates.

True, unless you're a professional cartoonist/satirist/parodist like Matt, Trey and Co.

Speaking of hating, this expanding Wii advertisement can f*ck right off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
ClydesGirl

Postby ClydesGirl » Wed May 30, 2007 2:56 am

It's okkay, I can't watch a lot of it at one time though, sometimes it just gets on my nerves and makes no sense (in a bad way). But it's not llike I hate it or anything.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”