Do any of you really like family guy?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kenny'sdead233

Postby kenny'sdead233 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:57 pm

i watched family guy once and i can't believed i watched it.

i like jokes to have a point, but i also see why some people like that show. south park is funny in it's own respects and so is family guy

just watching family guy is kind of dissapointing after you watch the entire season 6 south park dvd.
lilmansp3593

Postby lilmansp3593 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:57 pm

yer family guy rox ass its wikid tits awwwww tits :shock: :twisted: :evil: :P :arrow: i love south park
Bankokloso

Postby Bankokloso » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:44 pm

I occasionly enjoy a new family guy episode or two and I find sps take on it hilarious and not at all offensive to fg viewers.
noreaster

Do any of you really like family guy?

Postby noreaster » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Believe it or not, I was only recently exposed to "South Park" (2005). I coincidentally saw a few scenes of "Family Guy" here and there, plus a full episode BEFORE I was ready to understand "South Park". I thought that most of the stuff was very pointless and didn't come out of the end with anything. It's farcical and slapstick comedy, not satire.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:15 pm

Stovepipe_Jam, I completely agree with you. Family Guy is a comedy and South Park is more than that. I see Family Guy as funny jokes...and that's it, but South Park is still very funny but they do have some serious episodes, like Kenny Dies and The Return Of Chef. Alot of "south park haters" think South Park is just immature fart jokes, but Family Guy is the more immature one. (and it has more fart jokes)
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
doctorbob

Postby doctorbob » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:38 pm

To get back to the whole Family Guy vs Simpsons idea, isn't it more the case that, if anything, Family Guy borrows a lot of ideas from cartoons like The Flintstones, and films like the Naked Gun trilogy?
StephNY

Postby StephNY » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:22 am

(I'm editing down this post, I hadn't realized how long and boring this thread had become, BUT:)

Comparing South Park to Family Guy is like comparing Prokofiev to Los Del Rios, so I won't even try.
Kenny Da King

Postby Kenny Da King » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:44 am

family guy is sh*t. I hate how all these people think theyre funny cos they are fans of family guy.

I also hate how hot topic sells more than enough family guy stuff.
Paladoris

Postby Paladoris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:40 am

StephNY wrote:(I'm editing down this post, I hadn't realized how long and boring this thread had become, BUT:)

Comparing South Park to Family Guy is like comparing Prokofiev to Los Del Rios, so I won't even try.

said with eyes closed? :D
Butters_06

Postby Butters_06 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:29 am

South park was out first so of course it is the greastest buti do like Family Guy it pushes it as far as it can go but Matt & Trey will take it further and hopefully always will.
davidtylr

Re: Do any of you really like family guy?

Postby davidtylr » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:44 pm

Offtrack wrote:I think it's crap, it's sketches are usually not even realted to it's plot, unmature and badly written storylines.

I Like Family Guy, I Like it better than South Park before it was realy popular.

So, do you realy hate family guy or do you hate it because of south park, Get a mind of your own!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:48 pm

I haven't like Family Guy ever since it first aired. It just wasn't all that funny overall to me.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kenny789420

Postby kenny789420 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:07 am

i like the family guy but south park and simpsons are better and yes most of the jokes dont relate to the problem.Yeah but i like dumb humor ,usally i would tell everybody to f*ck off if they dont like family guy but i can see why some people hate it.
ClaudiaCartmen

Postby ClaudiaCartmen » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:00 pm

family guy is funny yes the humor is random the random humor is better then the plot humor. the shows that they make fun of aren't funny. simpsons is great but the creaters are running out of ideas. SOUTH PARK ROCKS OUT LOUD THE RUNNING JOKES ARE GOOD AND THE NEW IDEAS ROCK!
Munski

Postby Munski » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:09 pm

Family Guy, like it's been said, doesn't really have any character developement at all. It's largely stale in that regard, but it does have some pretty funny gags. I love irreverant humor, and the show is definitely full of it. The newer ones seem funnier than the older ones at times, but I'm getting pretty f*cking tired of these Stewie-heavy episodes. He wants to kill his mom, and he talks like a gay british super-villian. I get it already. That Family Guy movie where Stewie is looking for his real dad sucked.

The other beef I have with Family Guy is that running gag they have where they drag out the punchline of a physical joke for a minute or so. It was amusing the first time, but not the next thirty.

South Park is far more spontaneous and has far more character developement than Family Guy, so I gotta agree that SP rules the airwaves from a cartoon point of view. And yeah, SP pushes the envelope.......I've yet to see a cartoon show that has a gay man dressed in Judas Priest leathers suitcasing Paris Hilton. :lol:
Spank me once...shame on you. Spank me twice.....well, still pretty much shame on you too.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”