What concerts have you been to?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

love*metal

Postby love*metal » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:50 am

FOO FIGHTERS, 17 December 2005 - My first gig!
GREEN-ISH DAY, 22 April 2006
GIVE IT A NAME FESTIVAL (Lostprophets. Taking back sunday, Aiden, We are scientists, Silverstien, Goldfinger, Angels and airwaves, Bayside, Hundred reasons, Gym class Heros, The Blackout), 30 April 2006
FOO FIGHTERS with Motorhead, Queens of the stone age, Angels and airwaves and julliet and the licks, 17 June 2006.
LOSTPROPHETS, 10 July 2006.
GUNS N' ROSES with Bullet for my valentine and Sabastion Bach, 30 July.
VICTORY RECORDS TOUR (Aiden, Bayside, The Audition, The Sleeping.) 9 September

I was also ment to be seeing bullet for my Valentine again on November 25 at the Brighton Dome (UK) but they had to cancell because lead singer/guitarist Matt Tuck had problems with his throat, and the thing that really sucks is that BFMV reschelduled every other date cancelled exept for Brighton!!!!!!
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:27 am

sunfl0wer wrote:Ive only been to festivals,i've seen several Finnish bands but you wouldn't know them. Only foreign band I saw was The Darkness! Next monday I'm going to Pink's concert, though! ^^

Do you like Melodic Death Metal? That's pretty big in Finland (mostly Sweden, though).

Anyway, there's a concert tomorrow that I was supposed to go to but my damn friends never got back to me! Sons of bitches! But the next time a band I like comes to Ontario I'm going (especially if it's Lamb Of God, they sound amazing live).
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
stanley8

Postby stanley8 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:08 am

I suck.
I always say "I'm going to this concert no matter what!" but... I never f*cking get tickets!!
I've only been to
Greenday/MCR
and Avenged Sevenfold/CKY/18 Visions
because my friends got the tickets. :x

A man who is " of sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
DemonicStanley

Postby DemonicStanley » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:26 am

I don't like concerts , so i don't go to concerts.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 am

None. :( I suck. Well, it seems like something comes through town that I want to see, and I forget about it. I wanted to go see Leon Russel, but forgot he was in town until the night he was going to perform.
Last edited by BRMBug on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butters_06

Postby Butters_06 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 am

Well since ma last post ive been to a few more i went and seen Motorhead and the chilli peppers and i also got tickets to XFMScotland Presents Winter Wonderland which had The Dykeenies, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Idlewild, Biffy Clyro and Ocean Colour Scene.....

I only wish i could have went to the one in Manchester and London as the Manic Street Preachers played Winter Wonderland Manchester and Tenacious D played Winter Wonderland London...

and i also saw Noel Gallagher and Gem from Oasis play an acoustic set .....which was unreal......but thats me for now i think the next gig i go to will be the Deftones in March in Glasgow...
ImageImage

Just returned from the death camp of Tolerance
Thanks Mr. Hat_DX27 for the Sig.
ihaveitchyballs

Postby ihaveitchyballs » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:12 pm

My first concert was seeing Tool at the Brixton Academy (London) it was really exciting because I'd only recently got into them and they were definately my favourite band at the time. I'd left it too late to order a ticket but I managed to arrange to get a ticket through a girl in my class and to the guy with the ticket on msn. I really didn't know if I was gonna get in right until we met him outside the venue and he was really sound, he was waiting for us and gave us the tickets for pretty much face value.
It was an amazing show. They had bigs screens in the background with cool videos playing during the songs and they were even better live. I loved the whole gig I was only dissapointed with what they didn't play but thats pretty inevitable - it would be a really long set if they all the songs people wanted.
Since then Ive seen: Feeder, who were ok but I don't really remember much from it and I wouldn't go and see them again.
Deftones were really good though I know a lot more of their songs now. I must have been looking the other way when the bassist supposedly talked to my friend when he was walking past the line to go in.
At Reading that year I saw loads of good artists including Incubus, Muse, Foo Fighters, Aphex Twin and the Prodigy who were the highlight. I really enjoyed the festival experience, I'm really ashamed that I haven't been to one since. Download this year would have been awesome!
I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in July in a stadium in Reading and they had three supports: Chuk Chuk Chuk !!! (or whatever) were first they were ok, I can't remember one of them but Ben Harper was really good. The chilis did a really good set with a good mix of songs from different albums but I'd really loved see them play something off One Hot Minute but I don't think they would because Dave Navarro wrote the guitar and sh*t.
I saw Tool again last month and they were atl east as good as before with more impressive visuals like lights and lasers though I prefer their other stuff to their latest album.
The effects of a heroin overdose are lethal, yes in short term but there has been no research into the long term
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:28 pm

Hey, did anyone see when Hole opened for Tool? Not too long after that, Korn and Hole opened for Tool. iii'mmm sooo soorrryy.
master ed

Postby master ed » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:13 am

I saw GWAR on tuesday. I give it a 100/10, best concert of my life.
Now making SIGS, PM me for one, I will be reliable.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:59 pm

I saw In Flames, Lacuna Coil, The Sword and The Seamless on Tuesday (I went for In Flames though). It was my first concert. The crowd surfing during In Flames and Lacuna Coil was insane, I only wish I could go back and do it. And I did my best to stay away from the mosh pits, too many people were tripping and getting hurt.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:52 am

Never been to a concert yet, but I want to so badly. So many awesome concerts have come and gone in Toronto, and I wasn't at any of them. And (OMG) another one is coming on December 30th (Quo Vadis with a bunch of underground metal bands) for only $10, but I won't even be in Toronto when it happens, so gay.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:52 pm

I wanna go to Give It A name again this year but I have no money.
Anti Mushroom

Postby Anti Mushroom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:54 pm

I've seen Guns N Roses, NOFX, and Metallica.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:00 pm

^Lucky. When I went to Guns N' Roses last year I had to leave before they started cause Axl was over an hour late comming on and by the time they finished there set the trains would have stopped running and I would have been stranded. About 500 other people did the same. But I did get my money back.
T&Paresweetsupersweet

Postby T&Paresweetsupersweet » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:27 am

The only concert that I've gone to was Ozzfest 2004 I cant rember who was there except for lamb of god... then it got cut short because of a f*cking tornado
First sig made w/ pirated Photoshop. Yay piracy!
Good at Photoshop or GIMP? Click Here!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”