What concerts have you been to?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

mab2004

Postby mab2004 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:47 pm

Hmm let's see.

Green Day/Blink 182-Pop Disaster tour 2002
I'm not a fan of either band( I like some of Green Day's older stuff like Brainstew). Green Day performed really well for a band that I didn't like too much. Blink was um, uh, let's see...f*cking TERRIBLE. The absolute worst live act I have ever witnessed. Tom knocked over his microphone twice, had to switch guitars mid-song because the one he had at the time was out of tune, although it doesn't really matter because HE CAN'T PLAY GUITAR ANYWAYS. Seriously. The one song that I was semi-pumped to hear by them was Dammit. Of course Tom f*cked it up. Travis did a really cool drum solo where he was turned upside down and whatnot while playing. That was cool, but he wasted his talent on that band. Both Mark and Tom's singing was absolutely atrocious but at least Mark at least kind of seems like he can play his instrument. You all know that live CD they put out, The Mark Tom and Travis Show? It's bullsh*t. They do NOT sound like that live at all. I want to know how much studio work was done with that album.

Bonnaroo Music Festival 2006:
Radiohead-Amazing. f*cking amazing. The best concert I've ever seen in my life. They played 28 songs with two encores, nailed every single one. They literally had the entire audience of 80,000 people in a trance. I nearly cried at the end of Karma Police. I could go on and on but I don't see the point really. If you ever have the opportunity to see this band in your life, you better. It is a monumental experience.

Beck-Beck kicked ass. This was the perfect appetizer right before Radiohead. He's hilarious and such a good entertainer. At one point his band started eating salad at a dinner table on the stage while Beck played a few acoustic songs, and after that the band started jamming with their forks and glasses! It was brilliant.

Other bands that I saw at Bonnaroo were:
Umphreys Mcgee-awesome show.
The Disco Biscuits- same for them.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers-little boring but at least I was hammered off my nuts.
Sonic Youth-rocked hard.

There were many more but those were the ones that stuck out the most. I've also seen the Barenaked Ladies twice, they're decent.
Goregrindsicko

Postby Goregrindsicko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:41 am

SouthParkMaster66 wrote:
andrewgibson wrote:In Flames (f*ckin AWESOME)with Trivium(at the time i didnt like trivium but now i do) a dozen furies( o.k.) and Arch Enemy(Real good but my cousin got sacked in the moshpit)

You got to see In Flames...lucky bastard :x

I saw that same show
I've also seen trivium play with Bodom and Iron Maiden
terrance&philliparesw

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:42 am

I GOT LAAIID, I GOT LAAAAIIIIIDDDDD, I GOT LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! :D

Last night was the Placebo concert *swoons at word*, and OMFG, it was TEH AMAZING. :o

Let me tell you, losing my concert virginity to Placebo [there's that word again! ^.^] has to be the most INCREDIBLE, BREATHTAKING , EXTRAORDINARY and everyothersynomonrelating! experience of a lifetime. Dead set baby.

The lights went down... the audience went dead silent... anticipating... waiting... anticipating... waiting... waiting... and amongst this, there was almost a moment of... panic...

"Will they? Will they? It almost seems unreal... unreal... I'm dreaming, yes I'm dreaming..."

And then... WHAM! The lights went up full glare... into my eyes... I was blinded... but it washed away my previous fears.

"Yes yes, it's really happening... yes, oh god..."

Then Brian walks out on stage... strutting with with feline grace... gorgeousness... I went into an utter trance... it was beautiful.

And I swear, I had never felt so happy in my whole entire life. I was complete.
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:51 am

Thank you for that..

I haven't been to any concerts but I missed Dream Theater's concert in August, possibly the best concert ever, and I missed it.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
terrance&philliparesw

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:04 am

Schantrac wrote:Thank you for that..

Y'know, there's not enough evaluations of attended concerts here that incorporate an emotional point of view. I'm a revolutionizer, baby.
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
Bas2888

Postby Bas2888 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:54 pm

I went to Guns 'n Roses last July in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
It was so f*cked up! The lines for beer and food were about 1,5 hour, so we all got dehydrated ;)

But the music was good though! The all went nuts on stage :D
Come back Tweek :'(

!! Tweek for President !!
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Bas2888 wrote:I went to Guns 'n Roses last July in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
It was so f*cked up! The lines for beer and food were about 1,5 hour, so we all got dehydrated ;)

But the music was good though! The all went nuts on stage :D

U wouldn'd go see guns n roses if they were in my town. It isn't really guns n roses. It's just Axl and the Other guys.
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:53 pm

I'm going to see Peaches soon.

Best live bands ever were/are the Ramones and The Dandy Warhols. Marilyn Manson's damn hawt too...
CONFORMISTS!
kira's_joy

Postby kira's_joy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:22 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm seeing Panic! At the Disco in December!!!!!! For like 30 bucks!!!

I saw U2 in 2004 at GM Place for free - I was also in their music video for "City of Blinding Lights" (AAH OMG ROCKED!!!)

I saw Protest the Hero in 2005... They're freinds of a freind of my brother so that was free... (meh)

I saw Avril Lavigne in 2003 for free (sucked)
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm

Princesslovelypants wrote:I'm going to see Peaches soon.

. Marilyn Manson's damn hawt too...

"f*ck yeah!" Manson is amazing in concert. I saw him on my B-day in '04, it was his last concert in america since...

I saw peaches, too. They just recently played with nine inch nails, who ruled the stage, of course ;).

Lets see....manson, nine inch nails(three times), finch, peaches, queens of the stone age, and mxpx. I plan on seeing skinny puppy on their next tour, as well. I just hope i dont wet my pants in exitement if ogre sings 'empte'.
terrance&philliparesw

Postby terrance&philliparesw » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:22 am

Princesslovelypants wrote:I'm going to see Peaches soon.

P E A C H E S ! Image

Take me with you, please. ^_^
__Chaste
ImageSEX!Image
Princesslovelypants

Postby Princesslovelypants » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:56 pm

Sure. I'll meet you in Mojamma on Saughiehall St. I'll be wearing sparkly bat wings. You'll find a ticket on Ticketmaster, I think. Beware the drink in the ABC... they put entire polar icecaps in the vodka. Best book a flight quick...
CONFORMISTS!
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:08 pm

I've seen Relient K and Anberlin, Poison and Cinderella, and on October 13th, I'm going to see Areosmith and Motley Crue. I'm so excited!!!
master ed

Postby master ed » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:53 pm

I completely forgot, I saw Buckcherry at Edgefest. Soon I'm going to Silverstein w/ Aiden, It Dies Today, He is Legend, and some other band.
Now making SIGS, PM me for one, I will be reliable.
KissArmyStarChild

Postby KissArmyStarChild » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:04 am

i saw green day in sept of 2005 (awesome!!!)

i saw lynyrd skynyrd in july of 2006 (tight, but lots of old people)

i'm going to see aerosmith and motley crue on oct. 13th and i hope it's awesome.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”