do south park fans read?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:49 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:But here's something I think we can all agree is a great read:

my new website!

http://www.gonefiction.com

(just kidding, it sucks. unless you're one of the two people who likes my writing)

That made me all sorts of happy! Or it at least helped me pass by an hour or two.

On topic: I have to read all of Ellen Foster by tomorrow. I think I took the wrong English class.
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:02 pm

I just got finished reading What's Eating Gilbert Grape? It was a good book. The movie and the book are like two different stories. I was suprised. If you liked to movie don't read the book. You'll be dissapointed.
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:55 am

Isn't Thomas Pynchon actually Jim Morrison, who faked his own death to live his dream of being a writer? That's why he never shows his face...
This is not a sig.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:04 am

Catch-22= YOU ALL MUST READ.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:00 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:I just got finished reading What's Eating Gilbert Grape? It was a good book. The movie and the book are like two different stories. I was suprised. If you liked to movie don't read the book. You'll be dissapointed.

This is why, as a film student, I make a point to read the book before seeing a film adaptation of it. Once you see the film, you've lost the opportunity to create your own image as you'll always imagine the actor speaking the dialogue on the set of the film.
Email notifications do matter, people.
becky-s-potter

Postby becky-s-potter » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:42 am

Actually, the new Pynchon effort is not going to be remembered as the 'greatest literary event of the year'. It's a decent effort from an author that has done far better, (Gravity's Rainbow), and comes hot on the heels of another 'respectable' effort from Norman Mailer, (his fictionalisation of the early life of Hitler). Both men have gargantuam reputations, and it has been insinuated in the British press that prior works rather than the new books are the main reason for all this chatter.

I think this could have been an interesting thread; but it kind of seems like you're doing literature by numbers to look big and impressive rather than for the joy of it.

On that note, just how badly does 'A Clockwork Orange' kick ass?
I am way too old for this...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”