Warhammer 40,000

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Warhammer 40,000

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:37 am

Okay, first the rules:
1- If you're here to bash the damned hobby, I shall destroy you and the ones that you hold in your heart.
2- Beyond that, anything goes.

I collect a Tau army. I find their mobility to be an incredibly excellent advantage that makes their immense firepower even deadlier. Range, speed, power.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
papafrita

Postby papafrita » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 pm

wiskindizzles .. what are you talking about?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:53 pm

Wow, what a response. Basically, WH40K is a game/hobby where you select what race/army you wish to collect. There are many to choose from and you can use any factor that pleases you best or, like some, you could start to get them all. Then after you buy some pieces and model them, you get to paint them in any scheme you wish. After you have completed the collecting portion, you then get to engage in some massive battles that can take many, many hours and involve many factors that your run or the mill strategy game ignores.
CruciFACTION

Re: Warhammer 40,000

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:1- If you're here to bash the damned hobby, I shall destroy you and the ones that you hold in your heart.

Don't tell me what to do! :x I'll bash it if I want to... only, I don't know anything about it... and I lack the drive to find out :(

...You win this round shane.

EDIT: Okay, I over reacted a little, but hey how about link so we figure out what it is. :)
vexille

Postby vexille » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:23 am

Its been a couple of years since I've painted an army. I've done Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars and Dark Angels. Those are among the most tactically unique of the Adeptus Astartes. And on the Imperial Guard front, I've collected the survivalist Catachans, the kings of guerrilla warfare. And the massed infantry and fire-power of the Cadian army, the first-line of defense against the incursions of Chaos.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:55 pm

I played an Imperial Guard Army a week ago. Great battle. I targeted his Heavy Weapons first and was able to pin a Mortar Squad(Irony) and destroyed his Basilisk. Then, he tried to attack me in a frontal assault. He was crushed; My Devlifish have Smart MIssile Systems that don't require Line of Sight, so they blasted away at the human wave while Markerlights rained allowed my Seeker Missiles to continue the carnage. When he got in range of my Fire Warrior teams, they unleashed a torrent of fire that cut my foes down. He was pinned at times or had to retreat thanks to the combined efforts of my FW, Crisis Teams, and Broadside teams. My Hammerhead had the Railgun submunition, and I used that to great effect as well. Game lasted five turns, but he was done after three. I launched my counter-attack with my Pirinhas and Crisis teams. Massacre.

That was just luck of the roll, however. My Broadsides were rolling sixes against every armored unit they attacked, and my FW hit a large amount of time. We played the next day and he won by a long shot and he won the next day in a close fought battle. I would win the fourth battle, though it was also very close.

The mobility of the Tau is an asset to be sure, but I can also play Static thanks to my Devilfish and Broadsides.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:22 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Wow, what a response. Basically, WH40K is a game/hobby where you select what race/army you wish to collect. There are many to choose from and you can use any factor that pleases you best or, like some, you could start to get them all.

I seen these about a week ago, and was interested by 'em. I'm unsure if I'll take it all up properly, though. I'll prolly just take up the whole 'designing' side of it all... you know, painting them and then setting them up and stuff? :P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:39 pm

Jay C wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Wow, what a response. Basically, WH40K is a game/hobby where you select what race/army you wish to collect. There are many to choose from and you can use any factor that pleases you best or, like some, you could start to get them all.

I seen these about a week ago, and was interested by 'em. I'm unsure if I'll take it all up properly, though. I'll prolly just take up the whole 'designing' side of it all... you know, painting them and then setting them up and stuff? :P

Well, the only thing is thatWarhammer40K is an incredibly expensive hobby, so if you do buy anything, I'd advise buying it and using it for max value. Plus, I suck at painting(But rock when it comes to gaming.).:P
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:53 pm

I over heard some people at school talking about it :D
But in the same breath, they also mentioned Dungoens and Dragons :?

Sooo... Yeah.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm

I've recently developed an instrest in this little game and am currently planning on creating a Chaos army.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:19 pm

I used to be obsesed. I've collected....
Chaos Night Lords
Khorne
Black Templars
Blood Angels and
Ultramarines in 40K.
I've also did a Chaos Nurgle army in Warhammer and a Uruk-hai army in the Lord of the rings game. I loved the hobby and I've heard that the Dark Angels have been Re-done. But It's just too much money and I'm more intrested in music.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:29 pm

It is an expencive hobby that's why I'm getting my friends to buy most of my army.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:20 am

polymorph wrote:It is an expencive hobby that's why I'm getting my friends to buy most of my army.

Chaos, eh? Heh, I just came from beating one down. What is your army list?
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:56 am

I'm really only getting started so I don't really have a fully functoioning army yet.

and are you making fun of my choice of army.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:22 am

polymorph wrote:I'm really only getting started so I don't really have a fully functoioning army yet.

and are you making fun of my choice of army.

No way. Chaos armies can be extremely powerful. I just happened to have played a Chaos army today that I crushed.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”