Mac ro PC?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tjwy2k

Mac ro PC?

Postby tjwy2k » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 am

Personally, i hate Pc's.

i gotta macbook for my birthday a year or so ago because i use them on my mutimedia course... money well spent.

:lol:
Nommel

Re: Mac ro PC?

Postby Nommel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:55 am

tjwy2k wrote:Personally, i hate Pc's.

i gotta macbook for my birthday a year or so ago because i use them on my mutimedia course... money well spent.

:lol:

Who cares?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:01 am

This sounds like a thread that should be in
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION!!

You read it! You can't unread it!
RPG_Player

Postby RPG_Player » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:56 am

I prefer PC over Mac. With PC, you just get more options, like alot more products support PC and not as many support MAC. Also, if your MAC screen breaks, you're screwed. However, if your PC screen breaks, you can buy another screen, not another computer. I won't say that the MAC isn't good, I'm sure it beats the PC in a variety of ways, but when compared to the PC, it just can't keep up.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:38 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:This sounds like a thread that should be in
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION!!

This man speaketh the truth.

Anyway... I don't really care about whether what I'm using is a Mac or a PC. I can't stand the people who are like; 'OMG MACS R SOOO MUCH BETTR COZ DEY CANT GET VIRUSES'. Really, I'd go on, but my brain is kinda jammed, so I'll just let Maddox speak for me:

One thing PC users can do that Mac users cant...
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:47 pm

I don't hate Macs, There great for recording and animation, I just hate Mac Users. like Maddox said, they never shut up. :?
zeppo616

Postby zeppo616 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:05 pm

I love PC's so much more but Mac's are a lot better for graphics. Mac's are just too complicated for me. I only use them when I have to. :p
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:17 pm

I already have a thread just for this going on in the POLLS section, you can vote there and see how the numbers stack up.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:38 pm

I've spent the last year work on Macs for my job. For me, a Mac represents boring work and I go home to have fun on my Windows machine.
(By the way, I resent the PC/Mac categories. A Mac is a PC; a Personal Computer. That's like saying your Honda isn't a car. This debate is Windows vs. Mac.)

Anyway, having worked on Mac's for so long now, I can testify that they will take a dump on you just as often as a Windows machine. They have this wonderful thing called a "Kernal Panic" where the computer just ceases everything and covers your screen with error messages in like 19 languages.

The past couple weeks, our IT guy has been pulling his hair out getting our new Mac server fully operational.

There's other crap I hate about working on a Mac. When you maximize a window, it never completely fills the screen leaving a little perimeter a couple pixels wide where you can inadvertently switch windows/programs and you panic briefly because you think the f*cking program just quit on you.

Macs love to not read CD/R's you have data stored on. That's awesome. Every few weeks, someone has to ask "See if you can read this disk."

I hate how when you move files around in Finder (Mac equivilant of Windows Explorer) it automatically alphabetizes the moved files. So if you've got a folder with a hundred files in it, the one's you just added disappear into the crowd.

And don't even get me started on iTunes. That is the shittiest media player on the planet. At work, iTunes loves to just randomly forget where songs are. I didn't move the file or anything, iTunes just forgets where it is and I have to add that song(s) to my playlist again.

Why is it that Mac insists that working with peripheral devices is somehow impossible with Windows? I take my digital camera and plug it in to a USB port and three or four clicks later the pics are loading into the folder of my choice. I don't see how it could be easier.

Then the biggest load is "Look how much fun a Mac is! Isn't this fun? Organizing photos and editing videos is so much FUN! Not like those boring ol' "PC's"; they're just for pie charts and Excel." Yeah Window's is no fun at all. With the possible exception of EVERY f*cking COMPUTER GAME IN THE WORLD! I'm not a big gamer, but everyone I know who is a gamer is running XP. Do they even have an isle for Mac games at Best Buy anymore?

You read it! You can't unread it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:48 pm

[quote="triplemultiplex"](By the way, I resent the PC/Mac categories. A Mac is a PC; a Personal Computer. That's like saying your Honda isn't a car. This debate is Windows vs. Mac.)[quote]

I agree, a computer is a computer. And windows has more compatibility with games and software than a Mac (OS) will ever have.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:46 pm

I has a PC with three rams!!! I gotst it from Pissy Werld!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:16 am

I’m a PC user, thank you. They work better with my software and I’m too goddamn cheep to get any kind of Mac. Besides, people just seem to like Macs because they don’t like Windows. There are other PC alternatives to Windows. :P

Besides, PC’s are more modular than Macs to my understanding. On PC, the hardware is interchangeable and individual parts can be upgraded assuming the board supports it. Mac’s hardware setup to my understanding is a little...too sheltering, kinda like Dell computers.

Another reason people prefer Macs over PC is because they’re lazy. Macs come with lots of software, Windows may fail at this, but let’s remember the awesome Windows alternative, Linux. Distributions like Fedora Core 6 come with over 7 GB worth of cool crap. Plus they have Windows program emulators. That and Fedora is probably THE most user-friendly distribution of Linux I’ve ever come across, which is cool. Plus, Linux is free!

Apple’s got iMovie, but Windows Movie Maker surprisingly isn’t THAT bad. And there are other programs like Premier Pro, NeroVision and the desktop recorder Camtasia Studio. Apple also has music editors like ProTools. We got cool sh*t like Cakewalk SONAR, ACID, Cool Edit Pro and, my personal preference, FL Studio. Sure, you gotta get them separately, but there’s this wonderful thing called BitTorrent.

So in summery, Macs are overrated, and those who are so proud of having them are no better than hybrid car drivers.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:21 am

The first time I seen a Mac, I freaked! The damn cd's get inserted into the damn screen!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”