The Official Candy Discussion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sat May 12, 2007 11:07 pm

I so wanna go to Spain on holiday again. You can buy standard Chuba Chub Lollipops for 10p in practically any general shop across the World, but everytime I've been to Spain I've always come back with these ridulously giant Lollipops that cost about £10 and are MASSIVE!

Takes me about a Million licks just to get to the centre of it - it's that massive. :lol:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
candies

Postby candies » Mon May 21, 2007 2:28 am

Some candies are actually good like:
DOTS
M&M
Kisses
Resse
jelly Reachers
Starbusts
Twixs and Blow Pops

Those candy are my favorite and sometimes I'll buy them in some stores. :D
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 21, 2007 10:02 am

I need chocolate. Lots of it. And I need it right now... all the time, right now.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:47 pm

Thunderhorse wrote:Hey...Quick question:Has anyone counted how many licks it took them to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

http://www.tootsie.com/memoriesLicksMachine.html

Actually, I remember my cousins and I tried that when we were very young. I got about 250-something.

Does anyone remember those extremely large jawbreakers that took about three days to finish licking? Those were the "in" thing back in elementary school.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Athena1999 wrote:Does anyone remember those extremely large jawbreakers that took about three days to finish licking? Those were the "in" thing back in elementary school.

Most of the time, we call them gobstoppers (:roll:) but yes, I've had ones that about the size of cricket balls and it's took me way over a fortnight to lick/eat the whole thing. I remember the days when I licked them so much that my tounge would start bleeding. :lol:
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon May 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Athena1999 wrote:Does anyone remember those extremely large jawbreakers that took about three days to finish licking? Those were the "in" thing back in elementary school.

Whatever you do, don't put one of them things in the microwave and then try to bite it. The different layers melt at different temperatures and a solid exterior will hide a molten layer underneath. They did it on Mythbusters and super hot molten sugar sprayed everywhere.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue May 22, 2007 1:20 am

EPAF wrote:Most of the time, we call them gobstoppers (:roll:) but yes, I've had ones that about the size of cricket balls and it's took me way over a fortnight to lick/eat the whole thing. I remember the days when I licked them so much that my tounge would start bleeding. :lol:

:o ^10

I've got some Reese's cups waiting for me in the fridge.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue May 22, 2007 3:54 am

EPAF wrote:

Most of the time, we call them gobstoppers (:roll:) but yes, I've had ones that about the size of cricket balls and it's took me way over a fortnight to lick/eat the whole thing. I remember the days when I licked them so much that my tounge would start bleeding. :lol:

I remember I had one of those when I was about 8 and I got so frustrated that the f*cking wouldn't disappear that I went into my stepbrother's toolbox and took a hammer to it.
Email notifications do matter, people.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:I remember I had one of those when I was about 8 and I got so frustrated that the f*cking wouldn't disappear that I went into my stepbrother's toolbox and took a hammer to it.

I've done that myself, and I've also sawn through one before. After a couple days of trying of trying to get through all the layers, I had enough. :lol:

Right now I've got me some Sherbet.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Tue May 22, 2007 4:24 pm

love*metal wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:I remember I had one of those when I was about 8 and I got so frustrated that the f*cking wouldn't disappear that I went into my stepbrother's toolbox and took a hammer to it.

I've done that myself, and I've also sawn through one before. After a couple days of trying of trying to get through all the layers, I had enough. :lol:

I always thought if you tried whacking it with a hammer, it'd just bounce back off and smack you in the face like in one of those funny every-day cartoons. :lol:
I've never tried sawing it, though I have tried breaking one by dropping it from a 6 floor car park.....and I only got a small crack on it from that attempt.

love*metal wrote:Right now I've got me some Sherbet.

*Pulls a scrunched-up-mouth & squinting eyes face* Enough said......
Though I do like it at times......depends on the intensity of the sourness. Sour Skittles are sour......Sherbet's more of a Sweet Sour. (not Sweet & Sour :roll:)
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Tue May 22, 2007 5:29 pm

EPAF wrote:
love*metal wrote:

I always thought if you tried whacking it with a hammer, it'd just bounce back off and smack you in the face like in one of those funny every-day cartoons. :lol:

I did it on my stepdad's fake marble fireplace, and because I was 8 and forgot that spherical things roll out of the way... Let's just say I wasn't just picking up shards of gobstopper.
Email notifications do matter, people.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Tue May 22, 2007 7:04 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
EPAF wrote:
love*metal wrote:

I did it on my stepdad's fake marble fireplace, and because I was 8 and forgot that spherical things roll out of the way... Let's just say I wasn't just picking up shards of gobstopper.

*Wah Wah Waaaaaaaaah* :lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 23, 2007 4:03 am

EPAF wrote:
love*metal wrote:Right now I've got me some Sherbet.

*Pulls a scrunched-up-mouth & squinting eyes face* Enough said......
Though I do like it at times......depends on the intensity of the sourness. Sour Skittles are sour......Sherbet's more of a Sweet Sour. (not Sweet & Sour :roll:)

Dude, Orange Sherbert is the shiznit. Especially in Push-Up Pop form, from an Ice Cream truck.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”