The Official Candy Discussion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu May 03, 2007 5:17 pm

EPAF wrote:
love*metal wrote:Has anyone tried those new Mars Planets? I'm seriously getting addicted to those things.

Psychic moment there - I was thinking the same thing.

Holy f*cking crap, I'm eating a packet of these right now. Freaky...

Still, they don't beat Mars Delights, though. :B
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Thu May 03, 2007 5:29 pm

Jay C wrote:
EPAF wrote:
love*metal wrote:Has anyone tried those new Mars Planets? I'm seriously getting addicted to those things.

Psychic moment there - I was thinking the same thing.

Holy f*cking crap, I'm eating a packet of these right now. Freaky...

Still, they don't beat Mars Delights, though. :B

True...true. *nods in agreeance*
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Thu May 03, 2007 5:59 pm

i'm eating plain ol' chocolate chips. they're yummy.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:37 pm

I don't eat candy. It makes me puke.

Scratch that, I can stomach Junior Mints. And anything else with mint in it. And even though I feel horribly nauseous after eating them, I also LOVE Swedish Fish.

Popables? Mars Planets? I swear I'm missing something... :?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 pm

I've started liking chocolate covered macedamia nuts..Yummy..
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu May 03, 2007 9:54 pm

EPAF wrote:
BRMBug wrote:I'm a sad panda, because I can't get Snickers Popables from the movie theaters around anymore.

Speaking of which, I was watching 'Watchdog' earlier this evening and there was a report about how most movie theatres are banning anyone from bringing in their own sweets and drinks. So that means if people want something to eat or drink, they have to buy it from the theatre lobby. But if they think I'm paying about £2.50 (just over $5) for JUST a bag of sweets OR JUST a medium-sized drink, I'd rather risk being caught with my own CHEAPER sweets. :roll:

It's been that way in every move theater I've ever been too in my entire life, so I think Europe is just bringing up the rear. My strategy? But Mike and Ikes! Move them into your pockets and make sure you don't rattle them. I once brought in eight boxes of Mike and Ikes to watch LotR:RotK.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu May 03, 2007 10:57 pm

If you mix equal parts Southern Comfort and 7up/Sprite, it tastes like liquid Smarties. Try it, kids!

You read it! You can't unread it!
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Thu May 03, 2007 11:01 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:If you mix equal parts Southern Comfort and 7up/Sprite, it tastes like liquid Smarties. Try it, kids!

Intresting.

I got me a Snickers bar right now.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri May 04, 2007 12:45 am

Athena1999 wrote:Popables? Mars Planets? I swear I'm missing something... :?

I can still get them at the grocery stores, but not at the theaters.
http://www.storefinder.mmmars.com/popables/popables.htm

I've never seen or heard of a Mars Planet, but those are all the way over neah, and I'm right heah.

EDIT: it's not candy, but lately I've been taking all chocolate and "duplex' generic oreo type cookies, and taking the tops off so I can make a (chocolate cookie)(chocolate creme)(vanilla creme)(vanilla cookie) cookie. Is goot. Is reely reely goot.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri May 04, 2007 4:07 pm

I'm currently eating the last few Celebrations I got for Easter Sweets - most of them are Bounties though. But I'm not really fond of them coz' coconut is very annoying to completely get rid of. 3 hours later and I'll still have those little white bits stuck between my teeth. :x
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri May 04, 2007 4:39 pm

I'm a diabetic. :(
Email notifications do matter, people.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Sat May 05, 2007 3:14 am

You'd think Reeses would run out of things to do with peanut butter and chocolate. Eleven products and they're still not out of ideas.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun May 06, 2007 2:55 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:I'm a diabetic. :(

:( aww. :idea: Try some sugar free Pangburn's Millionares, they taste just like the regular ones. Just don't eat too many because that can give you the hershey-squirts.
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Sun May 06, 2007 3:01 am

Mmmm, dark, dark, dark chocolate. That's the only chocolate I like. And it has to be a solid candy bar, or blocks... not fudge, or liquidy melty. Ick, and no caramel or nuts. I do, however, like a bit of chocolate in it.

Also, those raspberry/blackberry candy things, or whatever they are.

And twizzlers.

And pixie sticks.

Rock Candy

Cotton Candy. LollipopsRingpopsGummiWormsSwedishFishLegoBlockCandythingymobobbersfullofsweetnessandsugarandyumminesswithwarheadsandtootsierollsandnowandlatersandpepermentsandeverythingelseyoucanfuckingimagine
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Sun May 06, 2007 10:42 am

Either I'm the one who likes it, or no one's mentioned it YET.
But anyway:

Toffee Tablet!!!

I bloody love Toffee Tablet. If I'm right on this, it's a Scottish-originated sweet that is absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Like crumblier Fudge....BUT BETTER. I know you can buy little bars of it at Thorntons, but I love the home-made versions better - big blocks of Tablet that takes you about three or four bites to eat it whole. Even thinking about it makes me crave it even more. :D

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”