grindhouse

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Clyde Donovan

grindhouse

Postby Clyde Donovan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:21 am

So Grindhouse is coming out this weekend. It really looks f*cked up.I'm planing on seeing it at the Drive-in. "one hour drive totally worth it!" double feature Goodtimes. I was reading that in the Uk they are going to Release them as just two Movies. What a bunch of crap that is.I feel so bad for you guys/gals over the pond.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:45 am

My first thought is still, "Are you serious? A woman with a machine gun for a leg? That's so stupid, it's somehow cool."

You read it! You can't unread it!
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:54 am

What's the point of having 2 movies in one? They can't just release 2 seperate movies?
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:37 am

Hey, it's a double-feature.
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:58 am

You know, actually, I'm not really excited about the movie... sorry. I know it sounds lame and nerdy, but I prefer Quentin Tarantino's earlier movies. It seems now he's letting over-the-top violence and cultural references get in the way of actual storytelling, wich would be o.k. in a comedy (except for those "movie" series everyone hates: Date Movie, Epic Movie, Scary Movie), but it's a flaw when you have brilliant writers wasting their talents in an unoriginal storyline.

I usually don't bitch about that, when I get asked if I liked Kill Bill, I just answer that it's not my thing, and my friends usually complain. It must be similar to what many South Park fans experience when they reveal they don't like Family Guy.

Anyway, sorry to interrupt, go back to your discussion.
This is not a sig.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:49 am

I am so f*cking excited to see this movie it isn't funny..I can't wait til Saturday when my friend and I are going.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:09 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:What's the point of having 2 movies in one? They can't just release 2 seperate movies?

Yeah, it's a double feature..Besides why complain? You get to see two movies for the price of one, like alot of movie audiences got to do all the time a couple decades ago.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:41 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:What's the point of having 2 movies in one? They can't just release 2 seperate movies?

Each movie is just an hour long. Combine the two and you get two hours. Add 20 minutes of fake trailers and such and you have the total run time of 140 minutes. Why the rest of the world is getting this as two separate movies is beyond me. And who doesn't love B-movies? :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 am

Big-Will wrote:

Each movie is just an hour long. Combine the two and you get two hours. Add 20 minutes of fake trailers and such and you have the total run time of 140 minutes. Why the rest of the world is getting this as two separate movies is beyond me. And who doesn't love B-movies? :D

According to wikipedia, one of the movies is 80 minutes while the other is 90 so they're more than an hour. All together, that's... 2 hours and 50 minutes!

I heard you have to pay twice the price for a ticket since it's two movies. I guess not.

It's an interesting idea, I'll give 'em that.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:31 am

Tell Wikipedia it doesn't know what it's talking about.

On the other hand, IMDb is saying USA:191 min, so I don't know what the f*ck.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Damn. If it wasn't going to be so freaking cold this weekend, I'd go and see it at the Galaxy Drive-In in Ennis.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:32 pm

This is definitely the film I've been most anticipating this year. I'm so freaking excited.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Whoever sees this first, report back and tell us if it's as stupid as the advertisements indicate. I'd like to know if I should spend money on it, or if it's something I shouldn't go near without a Mike Nelson Rifftrax to protect me.
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:03 am

Frist i have to say MCkormick2. Yeah KIll BIll was lame. People allways give me sh*t for it but i just don't like movies like that. I loved Reservoir dogs. and Pulp Fiction. HEll I even liked the CSIs he wrote. Anyway Grindhouse. Planet Terror was just so much fun to watch. I really enjoyed it. Action Packed. It was gross sick and funny. I really wish it was longer.The trailers were so good. The Rob Zombie one. God i wish they woud just make that a movie now. Sadly Deathproof was so boring and had hands down one of the most annoying character in any movie i have ever seen. I really wanted to like this movie. I mean Kurt Russell was in it. Snake f*cking Plissken! He was good in it till he became a raging Pussy . "you'll see what i'm talking about" Tarantino has spent way to much time up his own ass. I Guess grindhouse to him means a Movie where women sit around and talk about things . Oh no wait that's Sex and the city. Anyway that what i though about it. I enjoyed alot of it.

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:19 am

I just got back from seeing it..I f*cking loved it. Even though Death Proof was kind of slow to begin with, the badass chicks more than made up for it.. I would have to to agree with you about Rob Zombie's movie trailer, he should make that into a real movie..

I'd definately go see it again..

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”