Don Imus is an idiot

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

hainted

Don Imus is an idiot

Postby hainted » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:53 pm

But in defense of his dumb ass:

If he didn't say "nappy-headed" then it's not racist and is in fact not any worse than most rappers you hear calling women hos.It's chauvenistic,mysogenistic idiocy.

But does anybody remember Sir Mix-Alot's song and music video for the song "Baby Got Back" ????

In it he talks about white women as inferior for having lesser posteriors to black women and he calls white women hos and bimbos in rock videos.

Don't recall him apologizing.

That fat pimp-ass motherfucker :lol: (lol)

Also Spike Lee's movie title "WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP" isn't painting white men as physically inferior???

And just in general gangster rap and pimp rap and all this stuff calling women hos,etc-etc...If blacks want to inculcate that into popular culture then shouldn't they stop being so sensitive when they themselves are insensitive?

Just a thought.

racism is gay....

And let's see....

Rosie has offended Chinese people and Christians(shouldn't this piss of black Christians too?),and many other people too..
Rosie seems to piss off some new group of people every single day..Everytime she opens her mouth it's to alienate some race or religion or another,etc.

Come on people...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Sooo... what is it exactly that Imus said? Where's a news link to it?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
hainted

Postby hainted » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm

I can't find the actual comments but from what I read last night his producer and him were talking about the Rutgers women's team which is mostly black women as being rough and hard with tatooes and piercings and his producer said they were some tough hos or something like that to which Imus replied with "that's some nappy headed hos right there is what I'm going to tell you"...

It was something along those lines (not cool).

But today's news is all about Imus meeting with Al Sharpton so I can't seem to find his actual comments.

Pretty screwy stuff eh?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:49 pm

He'll have to apologize to Jesse Jackson's ass.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BSenter

Postby BSenter » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:23 pm

He's in with Randy Marsh and Michael Richards now.

Here are a few quotes from the New York Times, by Maria Newman on 04/09/2007. I'm shocked at how well they track with
the plotline of 1101 -- well shocked might be going a little far...

Mr. Imus last week described the Rutgers women’s basketball team as “nappy-headed ho’s,” and then days later said everyone needed to relax and should not be offended by “some idiot comment meant to be amusing.”

Mr. Imus this morning talked about how familiar he was with black people, and how he and his wife are involved with the Imus Ranch, a cattle farm for children with cancer and blood disorders in Ribera, N.M., where, he said, 10 percent of the children are black.

“I’m not a white man who doesn’t know any African-Americans,” he said.

On [Rev. Al] Sharpton’s [radio] show this afternoon, which is broadcast on stations around the country, he and Mr. Imus talked for two hours about the nature of racism and racists, with Mr. Imus trying to draw a distinction between racist words and a racist character.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:30 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:He'll have to apologize to Jesse Jackson's ass.

Apologize [rump shake]

Seems to me people are just looking for any comment to be offended.

hainted

Postby hainted » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:29 am

Paris Hilton's a stupid spoiled whore. :lol:
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:22 am

Newest developments tonight:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17999196/

Both NBC News and CBS Radio have suspended Imus' show for 2 weeks. But they're waiting 'til Monday to start this suspension; something about a charity telethon later this week.

This doesn't strike me as a very big deal. I mean "nappy-haired hoes"? I've met enough white women who I would describe with those exact words. This isn't exactly a Michael Richards unfunny n-bomb racist situation here. Sorry, cable news, I'm going to have to call this a non-controversy.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BSenter

Postby BSenter » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:53 am

Yeah, unless you are black. Then it totally sucks.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:37 am

BSenter wrote:Yeah, unless you are black. Then it totally sucks.

They're not helping it go away by parading it like some open wound. And from what I've been hearing, it IS a non-controversy.

BSenter

Postby BSenter » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:47 pm

I refer you to episode 1101, and the discussion between Token and Stan.

If you aren't Black, then you don't know what it's like. Even if you are black, different people are going to respond in different ways -- so I think it is difficult for individuals to judge what is a controversy vs. a non-controversy. Finally, I don't know whether silence will help "it" (presumably the race problem in America), and I'm pretty sure no one else does either.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be too much of an A-hole, but this is an agree to disagree area for me at best.

Thanks
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:27 pm

If they fire him for this, I'll picket.

I've been an Imus listener since I was 9. He puts on a great show.

By the way, CBS Radio is some of the most pathetic radio out there. Free & Jack are a joke.

And Radio One (The company Al Sharpton does his show for) is as racist as it gets. They buy stations (some relitively successful) and instantly flip them to urban formats just because they are African-American owned.
Stan and Kyle :)
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:38 pm

All right as much as I liked Stan's little lesson and Token's gay little speeches, I've had enough. Black people need to get over this sh*t right now. Those people are reacting like a bunch of nappy-headed hoes.

I know black people have been persecuted in this country, but that's over. Stop acting like you're more persecuted than the next, because everyone is treated like sh*t in this country. It's the American way. Hell, even our celebrities are treated like sh*t by the paparazzi.

I'm sick of this white liberal guilt. Imus is being a bottom-rack pussy and it's time for him to quit. If he's actually taking this criticism seriously, he's an idiot. The only thing wrong with saying that team was a bunch of nappy-headed hoes was that it wasn't funny.

Any black person who's offended by Don Imus deserves every bit of offense they feel, because they're dumber than retards.

It's honestly enough. I'll never know what it's like to be black and to be called a n*gger, but a black person will never know what it's like to be a balding white teenager (which I was), so until they can fully empathize with that, I'll tell them what I always tell 'em: wah, wah, wah!!

Get over it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:34 pm

Aym_Dand is now banned for two weeks. Go to rehab, you n*gger guy.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Racism is making any judgements or actions based upon race for good or for ill. See when Sharpton or Jackson or some random d00d speaks about race and how they're persecuted and blah blah blah? That's also racism. When a black person pulls the race card for any reason whatsoever? Racism, even if it is correct and is therefore counter-racism.

Racism sucks, so does reverse racism.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”