Don Imus is an idiot

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:17 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Interestingly enough, the team that Imus insulted actually didn't want for him to be fired. They wanted to be able to sit down and talk with him, and possibly knock some sense into him.

Why you gotta be so racist, man? What, just because they're black they're gonna knock everybody around with stereotypical violence?

In all seriousness, folks, there is an important lesson here. Everybody's talking about racism. But really, racism thrives because we talk about it so much. The Roman god Apollo used to exist, but now he doesn't. Why? Because nobody talks about Apollo anymore. Nobody gives a sh*t. People care about religion, but they don't give a sh*t about Apollo. Because Apollo is stupid. As long as we keep talking about how bad racism is, we won't actually stop being racist. We'll just continue reinforcing the notion that racism is everywhere and thereby continue the perpetual process of sh*tting all over each other.

I want everyone to take a look around. The other thing I want you to notice is all the bullsh*t we gotta put up with when uppity n*ggers don't know their place in society.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:27 am

hainted wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, hainted, I have a question for you..Ok, you feel like opinions you don't agree with are forced on you, and you aren't happy about it..Now, here is the question and don't lie. What if most of the society promoted your opinion, and people who disagreed with you felt like they were being forced to go along with sh*t they don't agree with. Would you be argueing that it wasn't right, because of the principal that no one should be forced what to think, or would you be happy with things the way they were?

Political correctness IS state-approved speech,thought and opinon and it IS forced on me.There's no justification for it whatsoever.

People should be able to have it out verbally rather than having the state sitting there saying "you can't have it out verbally because it might offend someone",etc.

^That goes against everything stated in the Bill of Rights,which the politicians seem to delight in doing at every opportunity.

People who adhere to politically correct thinking are doing the devil's bidding.I could have said Stalin's bidding or Hitler's bidding,etc.Same thing.

When all the Republican candidates for president are all pro-choice,pro-open borders,anti-gun rights,and on and on it looks to me like we have two Democratic parties.

If I say I am against open borders for instance,both Democrats and Republicans will play the race card.In the case of Republicans though it's just the politicians who are like that.The people disagree with it.But there is no representation to reflect that.Actually the Republicans play the "free-market" card but it's for the same unified democan/republicrat agenda of taking away freedom.

There can be no debate that doesn't involve amnesty for illegals.

The commies and the hyper-capitalists alike want it.Don't dare disagree with either of them.Frankly I think they are two heads of the same beast.

In other words the rich get whatever the rich want and poor people have no say.

I think every illegal mexican in this country should live in rich people's neighborhoods.Then if the rich don't like it we could call them racists.

See the rich don't have to be inconvenienced or crowded out or have to deal with the additional gangs,grafitti and crime and additonal thumping stereos.They just deal with the profits while inconveniencing the poor and then complaining and crying their rich eyes out the whole way.I guess that's why the rich like to use actors so much for propaganda purposes.

The people who complain the loudest and most often in this country seem to be liberal Hollywood and other liberal celebrities and media types,and college students.These people seem to be pretty well off so I don't know why they think they have it so bad.

And then when the rich Republicans seem to be for all of the same things as those liberal types then it's really starting to look less and less like a free country and more like the we say so corporation.

See when you are poor you don't ever get to do things like go on vacation.

So your only outlets for getting out and maybe getting a little exercise involve things like going to the park.It's hard to do that when it is so full of illegals that it's as though you were at a pink floyd concert rather than at say a park.

So that leaves cussing out people on the internet as about your only outlet for entertainment.You start to feel like a prisoner in your own home in your own country.But it is always nice to go on the internet and have Europeans call you fat or a fat,stupid American,and then to have them go on to tell you how you shouldn't own a gun or be able to say some of the stuff you say because it's politically incorrect. :shock:

But as long as rich people are able to pursue their happiness and on top of that they also have the terrible inconvenience of having so much money that they can stuff their pillows with it or wipe their a-holes on it then everything is okay.Why I'll bet that Paris Hilton just uses ca$h as a tampon.

I swear people go to college just to learn how to be yes men for the we say so corporation and their Hollywood propaganda machine.

But as long as Tom Cruise is happy then I'm happy. :?

Oh well,there's always beer and weed I guess...

But, you didn't answer my question. You just told me what everyone on this board already knows. You feel like political correctness and alot of other things you don't like are being forced on you..Blah, blah, blah, we get the picture. What I asked was WHAT IF things were the other way around, and the way you think was the popular point of view in this country. Would you have any sympathy for the people who felt like what you think was being shoved down their throats and stand up and say that even though you don't agree with them, they have a right to what they believe and how they want to live their lives? Or would you just say fuckem, because you don't agree with them? That is what I asked, and I asked for an honest answer. What are you afraid what you say might make you look worse than you already do? LOL.

And, why didn't you answer my question and give me a lengthy essay ( LOL) that is basically a rehash of the same sh*t you always say?
EddieDean

Postby EddieDean » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:06 am

Okay, so I realize I'm jumping in a bit late here but I think this whole ordeal is being blown waaaaay out of proportion. People like Imus or Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern are pretty much paid to be controversial and say stupid, annoying things that will push peoples' buttons. Isn't that the point?

As much as I think Imus is an idiot, free speech is the foundation of America. If you want to start censoring what people say, so be it, but hiding the problem won't make it go away.

If Don Imus called me a ho, I'd call him a douche and let it go. Why is the media completely fixated on this when there are REAL news stories to report on?
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:43 am

EddieDean wrote:Okay, so I realize I'm jumping in a bit late here but I think this whole ordeal is being blown waaaaay out of proportion. People like Imus or Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern are pretty much paid to be controversial and say stupid, annoying things that will push peoples' buttons. Isn't that the point?

As much as I think Imus is an idiot, free speech is the foundation of America. If you want to start censoring what people say, so be it, but hiding the problem won't make it go away.

If Don Imus called me a ho, I'd call him a douche and let it go. Why is the media completely fixated on this when there are REAL news stories to report on?

Because the media focuses on what people want to see and hear. America wants to read about stupid little things, so the media focuses on stupid little things.
Deathclaw

Postby Deathclaw » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:45 pm

Nommel wrote:
EddieDean wrote:Okay, so I realize I'm jumping in a bit late here but I think this whole ordeal is being blown waaaaay out of proportion. People like Imus or Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern are pretty much paid to be controversial and say stupid, annoying things that will push peoples' buttons. Isn't that the point?

Because the media focuses on what people want to see and hear. America wants to read about stupid little things, so the media focuses on stupid little things.

look bro, jes' because we dissin yo' nigga possay don't mean y'all have to get al' messed up in our hood biatch
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:19 am

Yep, if the media hadn't called everyone's attention to what Imus said, probably none of the people on either side of the debate would have even noticed him saying what he did..Hell, before this whole controversy, I didn't even really know who he was..He was just some old guy with a talk show that I didn't care about.

People on both sides of the arguement are upset..Oh, he is a racist..Oh he is a victim of the PC agenda. Lets go argue on the intenet about it. Well, you know what really happened? He made a dumbass remark, and the media blew it WAY out of proportion. And, you know what else? The media doesn't give a crap about protecting the individual's freedom of speech. And, they don't care about people who feel uncomfortable with racist remarks being said in public..What they care about is their ratings and money, and sh*t like this keeps them in business.
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Okay once and for all I want all of you to watch this video. [url:162e1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IcOFHNwokE[/url:162e1] And I'm nodding my head as I say this like the guy in the video to put more emphasis on it.
Member# 325291

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”