Don Imus is an idiot

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

solidviper
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:37 pm

Postby solidviper » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:24 pm

i'm white, but i was called nappy headed all the time when i was little

should i call racism on my parents?

and Imus's intention prolly was racial, but there are white chicks on that team too.
[img:00819]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6105/southparksigqq4.png[/img:00819]
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:31 pm

BSenter wrote:OK, I'm going to use a series of similes to try and make my point. Bear with me.

First, it is silly to say that "they" are doing anything. People keep writing "they" in reference to black people. "They" say Ho all the time (referring to some rappers). "They" say nappy headed (referring to Stevie Wonder). It is inappropriate to say that these artists (or any other individual) represent a consensus of black people. They don't. Saying that Al Sharpton or Jessee Jackson shouldn't be upset about "nappy headed ho's" because Stevie Wonder and some black Rappers have used those words to describe black people is like saying that the Bill Clinton or Newt Gingrich shouldn't disagree with pro-choice recomendations because George Cloony and M&M have said that pro-choice is OK. The generalization is too broad to have any real meaning.

Second, I think all of the discussion this has generated indicates that there is still some race problem in America. It is easy to say that Brown v. Board of Education or the Civil Rights act of 1964 eliminated the double standard in America, but just declaring that we thing segregation is wrong doesn't end all of the problems it caused. Thinking that a change in laws ended the race problem or the double standard in America is tantamount to saying that a toxic waste site is clean just because we made a law saying that it had to be cleaned up. The process takes time and I don't think we are to the end of it.

Third, there is a lot of history behind any negative response from "they" the black community. We had 90 years of segregation before Brown v. Board of Education, and 100 between the end of slavery and the Civil Rights Act. Before that there was slavery, which is one of the most F'd up things you can imagine if you think about it for a little bit. I bet there are many American's today who have some strange feelings about Communism or the Nazis, which were only issues within a similarly short time frame, so it shouldn't be all that surprising that Black people are touchy about racial comments.

Finally, even though I've disagreed with a lot of what 'hainted' has said during this discussion, I really agree with the post of April 11, 2007 at 5:56 p.m.. Imus should stop kissing Al Sharpton's ass (because Al Sharpton is just one dude who a bunch of people know). He should totally apologize to the Rutgers team that he insulted so pointlessly, and to black people in generally for being such and assh*le and sh*tting on their feelings for no reason.

Regards,

b.


Hey dude are you black?

I don't think saying 'they' is racist.

I don't mean to generalize all black people.

But don't sit there and pretend like some black people don't try to generalize all whites and even do so in a deragotory or even racist way in the same way that some whites do that to blacks.

I owe black people jack and squat!!

I don't want the Mafia living next door to me.That could mean the Italian Mafia,the Russian Mafia,The Japanese Mafia,The Mexican Mafia,various Gangs of various ethnicities,neo-Nazis,KKK,Motorcycle gangs and so on.See how that is a reasonable expectation and an equal opportunity one?

I've never harmed anyone in my life.I refuse to belong to anybody's gang or club or organization.I'm not a joiner.I'm too poor to opress anyone or to be racist.I should be able to say anything to anyone and about anyone because I shouldn't be held responsible for my whole race.Trying to hold every single white person responsible for their entire race is the real racism these days.Talk about generalizing a people.

I hate rich white people.Especially liberal ones (which constitutes pretty much all Democrats and atleast 2/3rds of Republicans).

I hate most rich white celebrities.

I hate political correctness.

Banning the N-word like some blacks want to do even to stop other blacks from using it amongst themselves is crap.

We need more communication,not less.

Banning words = less honest discussion.


Political correctness should only apply to fortune 500 types and to the liberal media and rich white celebs and people like that.And also to the legal system and the politicians and the cops,etc.They should be the ones scrutinized uner the microscope of political correctness.And whil we are at it let's drug test them too.And let's monitor THEM with cameras,etc.Let's hold their feet to the fire and see how they like it.There's your f*ck/i]ucking crackers right there.

Regular poor white citizens however should be given the benefit of the doubt.Unless it can be shown and proven that they are infact racist.This whole "all white people are racist" bullsh!t environment in this stupid ass country (unless of course you are rich or a rich, white liberal celebrity,politician or media mogul) is infact RACIST.
It is racism against whites as well as against blacks because it fosters racism and that is racist.Poor people don't opress people they are themselves opressed by the rich.

I watched some show on the history channel about the KKK dildos and it said that at their height in the 60's they had some 5 million members.Well,there's 300 million Americans and the vast majority is white people and they don't all belong to the KKK just like they don't all belong to Nambla.

Maybe the KKK dildos also make up Nambla's membership.

That seems pretty highly likely.

And not all people with conservative views and values are rich,white racists the way the media portrays it.

It seems that those who have mass influence over our society are the ones corrupting it and fostering racism.

It also seems to me that you have to have money and power and influence to opress people.

In short I think rich people are assh*les.

I don't like spoiled rich white whores like Madonna,Britney and Paris Hilton,etc-etc.

I don't want to be around people covered in tattooes and piercings who look like circus freaks.Notice how that was a big fad for white people in the 90's?? They looked like they fell face-first into a tackle box.Keep it in the circus ,freaks!!

I don't want to live next to hippies or the Manson Family.

Look,racism is corruption and like all corruption if you want to know where it stems from then FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL.

Or look at people who are "joiners" who belong to weird secretive organizations.

I myself gotta question the motives of "joiners"...

Belonging to a secret society or to a gang seems inherently malevolent to me.

HEAVY METAL music should be just as scrutinized as rap music.

I think it is racist or akin to racism to use mass influence to corrupt and debase people.That kind of power and influence when used to corrupt people is racist against the human race.
But it's just as bad to try to be 'the doo-gooder' who forces everyone to think a certain way with touchy-feely political correctness.That is a form of control over people and therefore it is a form of corruption.We have a corrupt government.It doesn't matter who is in office.

We also have a corrupt society,a corrupt entertainment industry,a corrupt education system,corrupt media,corrupt everything.
MCkormick2
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:37 pm

Postby MCkormick2 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 am

Why don't we just get it back? You know, start saying it so much it looses any racial meaning it could have had (I watched Clerks 2).

Some people seem to believe there's a way of balancing things out. I mean, "if you belong to a number of minorities, you can insult an equal number of minorities". That doesn't seem so good. The problem with rappers calling women "hos" is not really a race-based problem, but a self-respect problem. If women really are pissed off by his behavior, go and complain about it. And, more importantly, stop approving of their behavior. All the fans who listen to this music and all the girls who think it's OK to dance to this music have part of the blame (not that it's a serious, serious problem).

Rap music does not advocate rape (at least, no music I heard). It only advocates treating women as inferior creatures with their consent. Maybe it's not a big deal, but, if you think it is, let your voice be heard.

"The worse part of being in a minority is having a whole group of people suffer as consequence of your action. It's not fair, but it's a responsability of all."
This is not a sig.
BSenter
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:11 am

Postby BSenter » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:02 am

I hate liberals and conservatives. Pretty much, politics makes me want to cut either my throat or someone else's. I also hate political correctness. The main reason I hate all of those things is because they are so ignorant. All I really wish is that people would think before they decided to open their big mouths. Maybe Don Imus thought about what he was saying and maybe he didn't. If he didn't then he's an idiot, because it should have been obvious that comment would draw flack from someone, even though in a perfect world it shouldn't. If he did, he miscalculated what he could get away with and now he's paying for it. Either way I don't feel sorry for him.

The main thing I wanted to get across with my earlier post is that this is not a perfect world. I agree with a lot of the comments I have seen in principle, but I just don't think we live in a very principled world. There is a lot of emotion on both sides of the race issue, and it is not without some basis in History, economics and culture. That's not touchy-feely PC stuff, those are the things that let us think about the world we live in. To make a racial slur (black or white) without acknowledging that stuff just means that someone is either an assh*le or ignorant - and I don't respect either of those things.

The other thing I want to get across is that Racism hurts black people more than it hurts white people. If a white guy gets called a "redneck cracker" he's pissed off because someone probably said that without knowing anything about him, or knowing if it was justified. But as much as that sucks, a white guy faces very few situations where he's going to be pulled over for being white, or denied a job for being white, or have trouble getting a loan because he's white, etc, etc. For a black guy it sucks for the same reasons, AND he knows that the same sentiment could cost him in real world terms. Hell, even if you don't believe that that kind of racial sh*t still happens to black people there is the sheer numbers factor. Most normal white guys would feel uncomfortable in a room full of black guys. Well black guys live in a world where they are outnumbered. I think that a bad history combined with feeling outnumbered all the time can make things tough.

I agree with you that it is silly to hold any individual responsible for their entire race. That was the point I was trying to make with the "they" comments. That said, just because one side makes generalizations, doesn't make it OK for the other side to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc, etc.

Finally, I want to say that I'm not trying to make cuts at Hainted. Dude, your posts clearly indicate that you've thought about this quite a bit. Even if we're not seeing eye to eye, I appreciate the thought you've put into this, and respect your opinion.

B.
hainted

Postby hainted » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:55 pm

Banning any words for any reason is stupid.

Sometimes people need to be offended.

We need offensive language because sometimes you need to stir people's emotions in order to make them think.

Sometimes you can't get through to people and reach them unless you get their attention by shocking them.

This is why I hate political correctness.

But if you "are" going to shock people then you better have a take.

Don't just be a stupid spoiled whore like Madonna who just does it for attention and then once she has your attention she has nothing to tell you other than she is a whore.
Kyle the Skeptic
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:01 am

Interestingly enough, the team that Imus insulted actually didn't want for him to be fired. They wanted to be able to sit down and talk with him, and possibly knock some sense into him.

I think they had the right idea. This is supposed to be a free society. The way you counter objectionable or offensive speech is not with censorship, but with MORE speech. If he insulted somebody, just insult him right back and be done with it.

Also, I don't think he's necessarily racist, just incredibly stupid.
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 am

hainted wrote:Banning any words for any reason is stupid.

Sometimes people need to be offended.

We need offensive language because sometimes you need to stir people's emotions in order to make them think.

Sometimes you can't get through to people and reach them unless you get their attention by shocking them.

This is why I hate political correctness.

But if you "are" going to shock people then you better have a take.

Don't just be a stupid spoiled whore like Madonna who just does it for attention and then once she has your attention she has nothing to tell you other than she is a whore.


...Wow, you actually said something that I agree with. :shock:
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:32 am

You know what the real problem is? It is the fact that the population is too big, there are too many f*cking people with too many different opinions, and you can't possibly make everyone happy. Whether you ban words, or you let those words to be said, you are f*cked. This is an arguement that is never gonna be settled because people who feel strongly about something are not going to easily back down.

Hainted, I don't think words should be banned, and I do agree with you that sometimes people need to be shocked, and I am not calling for you to be censored. But, f*ck you for the comment about people who comment about people with piercing and tattoos, I don't have any tattoos or piercings, but my brother does and there is nothing wrong with it. See, I am not trying to tell you not to say it, but I don't agree, and I will say so. I remember you crying in the past about feeling like you were censored on here, yet your threads weren't deleted at any time. No one is oppressing you so stop crying..But when you are a rude little prick, you should have the common sense to know people are going to talk back to you, because freedom of speech is a two way street. You come off as an assh*le, throw out insults towards anyone you don't agree with instead of making your point in a mature manner, that doesn't get you a positive response. Yes, you have the freedom to be an assh*le here, but so do I..And, by the way, you do come out sounding like you don't know crap about what you are bitching about..You say Heavy Metal should be monitored the same way rap is..Well, if you knew anything about Metal, you would have known that already happened way back in the 80's and again in the 90's when Columbine happened. Where do you think those parental advisory stickers on certain cds came from?

But that isn't the issue..The issue is with the dumbass sh*t Imus said. Ok, this really is between him and the team he called Nappy headed hoes..He shouldn't have been fired, if the insult pissed the team off, maybe he should have met with them and apologized ( and not because of the whole pc thing, but because he threw out an unwarranted insult, what the f*ck did those"hoes" ever do to him.When someone says dumbass sh*t like that, the decent thing to do is apologize), and , or even better, maybe they could have insulted him back. This whole situation is a bunch of crap that the media has blown WAY out of proportion, and all this big deal the media is making is getting people pissed off on both sides of the arguement. This story has been going on for a week, and I am officially tired of it. f*ck this arguement. f*ck the media..f*ck the people who are too PC..f*ck the real bigots..And Hainted..Most of all, f*ck you. LOL..
Image
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:02 am

yeah f*ck/i]uck you too M00n

I just think the massive tattoo and piercing fad was retarded.

It wouldn't bug me if it was only carnies who did it and some bikers and guys in the navy.It's when it became a massive fad that it became totally abhorrent.


You say Heavy Metal should be monitored the same way rap is..Well, if you knew anything about Metal, you would have known that already happened way back in the 80's and again in the 90's when Columbine happened. Where do you think those parental advisory stickers on certain cds came from?


Yeah I remember Al and Tipper Gore's PMRC crusade.

I never said to monitor or censor anything,I'm just saying as long as we are scrutinizing rap then let's TALK ABOUT heavy metal and filthy lip-synching Mtv pop WHORES too. :lol:

That's not a call for censorship it's a call for fairness to everybody.

TALKING ABOUT it isn't the same thing as censoring it.

I want to restore Looney Tunes back to their original glory.It makes me so angry whenever I see old Looney Tunes cartoons that have been censored and edited.It's one thing if they were old war-era propaganda types of cartoons with racist content.But it's another thing to shred those cartoons to pieces because there's a gun in them or because some dog sounds too much like a dumb person or because porky pig stammers and is fat,etc.

And since then society has gone to HELL anyways with Madonna's cones,with the crack epidemic and the gangster lifestyle and murder became a fad and pimps and hos became a fad and extreme metal,etc.

Society has TOTALLY lost it's mind.

In the future will they censor South Park too?
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18871
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:04 am

Well, they already did... over an image Muslims forbid themselves to display.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:17 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Interestingly enough, the team that Imus insulted actually didn't want for him to be fired. They wanted to be able to sit down and talk with him, and possibly knock some sense into him.

I think they had the right idea. This is supposed to be a free society. The way you counter objectionable or offensive speech is not with censorship, but with MORE speech. If he insulted somebody, just insult him right back and be done with it.

Also, I don't think he's necessarily racist, just incredibly stupid.


Brilliant!!

I totally agree.If someone insults you then you should be allowed to insult them back.Furthermore people sometimes need to have it out verbally in order to come to a better understanding with eachother.Maybe they become friends,maybe they agree to disagree,maybe they realise that they will probably never agree about much of anything (like me and M00n).But there are those who don't want that conversation to take place because they think we are too stupid to figure it out for ourselves.I'm talking about all of this political correctness horsesh!t,of course.

By keeping us from having this conversation they keep us totally divided which keeps the whole GAME going.If we talk then we could figure out what our common ground is or just agree to disagree and live and let live and live in peace,or we could figure out things that we are totally divided on and then we would have it all sorted out for ourselves.That's what both mainstream political parties really fear is people being independent.They'd rather dumb us down,keep us stupid and dependent on them to solve all of our problems for us.It gives them lots more wealth and power that way.And it allows them to implement their agenda and shape the world the way they want it to look,with not much freedom it appears is how they'd like it.

And I can prejudge things and know that I am right to do so.For instance I know that I don't want to even have anything to do at all with commies,nazis,fascists,neo-nazis,Satanists,cultists,scientologists and so forth just like how I know that I don't want anything to do with the mafia.A mafioso is just a gangster.ETC.

I know I don't want anything to do with those f*ck/i]ucks.

I am prejudiced against those things.



BigWillzyx wrote:Well, they already did... over an image Muslims forbid themselves to display.


Oh yeah...I forgot. -> totally LAME!!!!!!!
Schantrac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:33 pm

Postby Schantrac » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:34 am

Admittedly, all whites are not racist. Also, ALL whites are not necessarily open-minded about race. Unfortunately, the major problem here is that although the minority (out of 300 million Americans) may be racist, the majority suffers, and it turns into "Every white man is a racist"

But, prove to me a point where that DIDN'T happen.

Every time you hear about a kid being molested, you then hear everyone being generalized into that same category. For example, all priests molest kids, all men are sick perverts, etc etc..

This, my friends, is called stereotype. Whether we like it or not, they are ingrained in our society. This is what causes such a massive deal to be made over things such as what Imus said, what Michael Richards said, etc. People look at outrages such as these and assume, "oh look, we were right! All Whites are racist!" When no, this is not the case

Racism happens because no one is willing to look at a person, as a person. People will notice someone by their ethnicity, not their personality. It is for this reason, that past mistakes made by the same person in the same ethnicity, always seems to haunt us, and you get problems were someone of a certain race can be denied the same opportunity as someone of another race. This is unfortunate, and completely unfair, I agree. What society needs to do is change this line of thinking.. no positive outcome will ever evolve if we continue looking at people as parts of a race, instead of looking at them as just people, NON - RELATED to anyone else.

It is for foresaid reasoning, I believe Imus, as a personal being, made a mistake. He should not have said that, but the fact he did does not represent all white people "oh that's what they are really thinking..." he's just one person, totally un-related. One person, that made a mistake. I believe he should get some trouble for this, but I do not believe people need to use this as reason that full blown racism is coming again.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:You know what the real problem is? It is the fact that the population is too big, there are too many f*cking people with too many different opinions, and you can't possibly make everyone happy.


Yes,hence the reason for BIG BROTHER stepping in and creating one state-approved form of thought and speech and shoving it down all of our throats and up our butts in order to force us to all think the exact same way and to all say the exact same thing.

That doesn't quite sound like freedom to me.

Sounds more like mind control...
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:57 am

Well, hainted, I have a question for you..Ok, you feel like opinions you don't agree with are forced on you, and you aren't happy about it..Now, here is the question and don't lie. What if most of the society promoted your opinion, and people who disagreed with you felt like they were being forced to go along with sh*t they don't agree with. Would you be argueing that it wasn't right, because of the principal that no one should be forced what to think, or would you be happy with things the way they were?
Image
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:54 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, hainted, I have a question for you..Ok, you feel like opinions you don't agree with are forced on you, and you aren't happy about it..Now, here is the question and don't lie. What if most of the society promoted your opinion, and people who disagreed with you felt like they were being forced to go along with sh*t they don't agree with. Would you be argueing that it wasn't right, because of the principal that no one should be forced what to think, or would you be happy with things the way they were?


Political correctness IS state-approved speech,thought and opinon and it IS forced on me.There's no justification for it whatsoever.

People should be able to have it out verbally rather than having the state sitting there saying "you can't have it out verbally because it might offend someone",etc.

^That goes against everything stated in the Bill of Rights,which the politicians seem to delight in doing at every opportunity.

People who adhere to politically correct thinking are doing the devil's bidding.I could have said Stalin's bidding or Hitler's bidding,etc.Same thing.

When all the Republican candidates for president are all pro-choice,pro-open borders,anti-gun rights,and on and on it looks to me like we have two Democratic parties.

If I say I am against open borders for instance,both Democrats and Republicans will play the race card.In the case of Republicans though it's just the politicians who are like that.The people disagree with it.But there is no representation to reflect that.Actually the Republicans play the "free-market" card but it's for the same unified democan/republicrat agenda of taking away freedom.

There can be no debate that doesn't involve amnesty for illegals.

The commies and the hyper-capitalists alike want it.Don't dare disagree with either of them.Frankly I think they are two heads of the same beast.

In other words the rich get whatever the rich want and poor people have no say.

I think every illegal mexican in this country should live in rich people's neighborhoods.Then if the rich don't like it we could call them racists.

See the rich don't have to be inconvenienced or crowded out or have to deal with the additional gangs,grafitti and crime and additonal thumping stereos.They just deal with the profits while inconveniencing the poor and then complaining and crying their rich eyes out the whole way.I guess that's why the rich like to use actors so much for propaganda purposes.

The people who complain the loudest and most often in this country seem to be liberal Hollywood and other liberal celebrities and media types,and college students.These people seem to be pretty well off so I don't know why they think they have it so bad.

And then when the rich Republicans seem to be for all of the same things as those liberal types then it's really starting to look less and less like a free country and more like the we say so corporation.

See when you are poor you don't ever get to do things like go on vacation.

So your only outlets for getting out and maybe getting a little exercise involve things like going to the park.It's hard to do that when it is so full of illegals that it's as though you were at a pink floyd concert rather than at say a park.

So that leaves cussing out people on the internet as about your only outlet for entertainment.You start to feel like a prisoner in your own home in your own country.But it is always nice to go on the internet and have Europeans call you fat or a fat,stupid American,and then to have them go on to tell you how you shouldn't own a gun or be able to say some of the stuff you say because it's politically incorrect. :shock:

But as long as rich people are able to pursue their happiness and on top of that they also have the terrible inconvenience of having so much money that they can stuff their pillows with it or wipe their a-holes on it then everything is okay.Why I'll bet that Paris Hilton just uses ca$h as a tampon.

I swear people go to college just to learn how to be yes men for the we say so corporation and their Hollywood propaganda machine.

But as long as Tom Cruise is happy then I'm happy. :?

Oh well,there's always beer and weed I guess...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests