Zombie Survival

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 pm

buttersbutters wrote:Has no-one here seen films? With just a baseball bat, you could defeat the zombie army and fall in love at the same time by acting couragous.

Not really, no. I mean, I've seen a couple, and Shaun, but that's about it.

CruciFACTION wrote:If I think that zombies can be reprogramned to be back-up dancers, than who are you to tell me I'm wrong!

...WHAT?!?!

deathandecay wrote:Has anyone even tried just pretending to be one? That's what i would do. Just walk with them and make slow moaning sounds, maybe bite a few regular people. And when they say "Oh my god they bit me! Im doomed! kelly!!" i'd just whisper "Shh! don't worry, your not infected! Im not a real zombie!". "You're not a zombie? Oh, whew! Thank god......wait, you f*cking BIT me!". "Shh! Just play along, this is fun!" And sooner than you think the entire world will be zombies...just half of them will pretend.

But... won't zombies eventually turn on one another if there's nothing else to ... well, eat?
maddjuro

Postby maddjuro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:51 pm

well accordind to day of dead (original) zombies dont need to eat to survive. that dctor took out that zombies stomack, and he was still hungry. apperantly t's a kindainstict for them to constantly feed.

but in 28 days later, we see that zombies can starve to death. can't wait to see what'll happen in 28 weeks later
"Death is the solution to all problems; No man no problem". J.V.S.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:04 pm

BRMBug wrote:But... won't zombies eventually turn on one another if there's nothing else to ... well, eat?

Well we can eat THEM!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 pm

BRMBug wrote:
CruciFACTION wrote:If I think that zombies can be reprogramned to be back-up dancers, than who are you to tell me I'm wrong!

...WHAT?!?!

Just think how awesome it would be to have zombie back-up dancers! You could dress them up in top hats, canes, and those old fasion tuxedos. We would go all the way, TO BROADWAY!! :P

but seriously, the point I was trying to make was zombies only exist in fiction (for now) so there abilities are decided by our imaginations. So really no one is wrong about them, so stop fighting.
maddjuro

Postby maddjuro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:33 pm

well that pedofile, michael jackson, used "zombies in hie dance video, maby they were real. :-p
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:36 pm

BRMBug wrote:
deathandecay wrote:Has anyone even tried just pretending to be one? That's what i would do. Just walk with them and make slow moaning sounds, maybe bite a few regular people. And when they say "Oh my god they bit me! Im doomed! kelly!!" i'd just whisper "Shh! don't worry, your not infected! Im not a real zombie!". "You're not a zombie? Oh, whew! Thank god......wait, you f*cking BIT me!". "Shh! Just play along, this is fun!" And sooner than you think the entire world will be zombies...just half of them will pretend.

But... won't zombies eventually turn on one another if there's nothing else to ... well, eat?

It all depends on your version of a zombie. In my opinion, I think zombies would eventually turn on each other. The faster and stronger ones would feast on the slow and dumb ones, until they eventually all evolve into a strong, fast, and intelligient breed.
maddjuro

Postby maddjuro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:40 pm

well, according to romeros land of the lving dead they will evolve.
but if you get bit and dont say it, you are a jerk cause you'll die any way. no need to kill someone else when you turn into a zombie.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:23 pm

master ed wrote:Shane, you don't know sh*t. Everyone elses strategies and weapon picks are way ebtter than yours. You will most likely e the first to die if zombies ever do attack.

It's amazing how stupid you are.

Zombies, depending on the outbreak of virus, will not attack each otehr as they don't sense the other's presence. One theory is that the virus enhances their smelling ability so they can pick out the "scent" of those who are alive. That is teh one I prescribe. An effective tactic is to somehow mask your scent with odors, any kind will do, and continue to do so. This will confuse the zombie long enough, though not for too long.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:31 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
master ed wrote:Shane, you don't know sh*t. Everyone elses strategies and weapon picks are way ebtter than yours. You will most likely e the first to die if zombies ever do attack.

It's amazing how stupid you are.

Zombies, depending on the outbreak of virus, will not attack each otehr as they don't sense the other's presence. One theory is that the virus enhances their smelling ability so they can pick out the "scent" of those who are alive. That is teh one I prescribe. An effective tactic is to somehow mask your scent with odors, any kind will do, and continue to do so. This will confuse the zombie long enough, though not for too long.

^So that pretty much explains why dressing up and acting like a zombie wouldn't work. (Because their were some people who thought it would.)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:40 pm

Shaun of the Dead is a ROMANTIC COMEDY...with zombies...so it's not a good reference.:P

There are Four Types of People:

SHANE HAUGHEY'S GUIDE TO PEOPLE; ALLIES, FRIENDS, COMRADES.

Survivor- Average individual with little or no experience in survival situations or combat situations. The goal of the survivor is to stay safe, not defeat the threat and meet them head on. This is both wise and unwise; the survivor may live longer than a Hunter, but will not aid in the escape/survival of those outside their group.

Hunter- If survivors are defenders, Hunters are attackers. They seek out small groups of zombies and eliminate them before moving on. In this way, a small and organized group of Hunters can defeat large hordes over the course of several days. On the flip side, they are almost always exposed and will likely die if cornered.

Survivalist- Slow and stealthily they move. Quick and silent are their actions. Experts, or at least knowledgable, in basic firearms and combat as well as surviving alone in combat conditions, Survivalists will never move in large groups. They can survive for a long time and even thrive, but if some incident befalls them, no aid is coming.

Lurker- These people will not actively seek to engage zombies, but will flee from them. They are also self-seving with no sense of honor and WILL see someone else dead before they decide they die.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:12 pm

^ Well who made you Czar of Zombie Slaying... Holy sh*t! that has to be the coolest title since "Lord of the Wasteland", I'm going to pat myself on the back now in congratulation.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm not the Czar of Zombie Slaying. I'm giving out MY guides and tactics and saying why I think they're better. It's called discussion.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:29 pm

deathandecay wrote:
BRMBug wrote:But... won't zombies eventually turn on one another if there's nothing else to ... well, eat?

Well we can eat THEM!

Well...we COULD theoretically eat a zombie, but all the diaseases that dead flesh has would kill us soon afterwards.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 am

Thunderhorse wrote:
deathandecay wrote:Well we can eat THEM!

Well...we COULD theoretically eat a zombie, but all the diaseases that dead flesh has would kill us soon afterwards.

We're f*cked, then.
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:18 am

Is it okay to shoot zombies still or has that been made politically incorrect now?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”