Virginia Tech Students asking to bring justice to the media!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 am

You people should know that Matt and Trey aren’t going to see this thread. They never go on this forum. Just so you know.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:58 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
hainted wrote:All I can say is SOMEBODY SHOULD HAVE SHOT THAT FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would think that somewhere between his first shooting,his 2 hour break for brunch at IHOP,and his return from brunch to kill 30 more people that someone somewhere should have shot the motherfucker.And if someone had then maybe a few more people would still be alive today.Maybe they could've have got him really early on and saved 20 or 30 people's lives.

You know,maybe at some point the cops show up with their dogs and they have their guns drawn and they have the dogs sniff the fucker out and then BLAMMO!

It could have been alot less tragic.

Instead of a massacre the headlines could have been: "dildo kills 2 and then kills himself by cop",etc.

It's harder than you think to get to the scene of a crime, collect evidence, and start the search for the killer, especially if no one knows who it is.

Yeah, we are taking about the real world Hainted..You can't just go shoot first and ask questions later when you don't know who did it.

But, anyway, to the person who started this thread..I am very sorry for what happened at your school. It is very sad, and I am sorry, but the media seems to be handling it the way they handle everything. Which sucks, because they don't really care about anything except their stories and ratings and money. Not the people who are affected by the tragedies they report, or how those people are seem by the light they choose to portray their stories in.They just care about what sells.. I think though, if you do know people who feel that reporters have been putting words in their mouths and misrepresenting them to add drama to the story, they need to find a way to publically complain..Like maybe a local or campus newspaper or something. I will say though that nothing I have seen so far gave me the impressionon that your school is bad or dangerous. What happened could have happened anywhere.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:16 am

It's very, very scary that something like this can happen. I live on a college campus, and not once have I felt unsafe, even walking home alone at three in the morning. I honestly think there was nothing that could have been done to prevent this, save recognizing and address this kid's problems, and even that's much easier to say in hindsight.

I played in a marching band show for a V-Tech football game in 2005, and they were one of the best audiences we've ever had. They even rivaled our home crowd. That's really all I know about them, but my heart goes out to them nonetheless.

When will we learn to stop hating each other?

[Off-Topic]
Aym_Dand wrote:America and humanity need engineers way more than it needs sh*tty writers and English majors.

Most of my friends are science or technology majors, so I hear this every day. Maybe I should change my major. :(
[/Off-Topic]

And I feel bad for laughing, but... Dick McBeef? But this is a South Park site, so we need to laugh at something.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:02 am

MATT AND TREY PLEASE DO THIS SITUATION SOME JUSTICE!

It's great to hear that the students want help from Matt and Trey in bringing down the American news, who, in my oppinion, have treated this story in the worst possible of lights. Now, i don't mean to turn their deaths into an excuse to rant aboot the media, but seriously, the way Fox and CNN covered this shocked my so much i had to wathch for an hour to realise it wasn't some kind of sick dream i was having aboot a media gone crazy; Fox has been playing sad music on an organ while they talk aboot the tradgedy using only the most emotve of terms, switching to dramatic orchestral when they talk aboot the events of the day. A bullseye with the VT logo in the centre was used as fox's 'breaking news' symbol, as an interviewer asked some truely sickening questions to students clearly trying to cope with the attack, such as 'what did the faces of the dead people look like' and 'do you feel guilty for surviving, because i know a lot of collumbine survivors who feel that way now.' CNN on the other hand simply threw photos of almost all the victims all over the screen, picking their lives apart for the camera and deamonising the killer's whole family, the whole country he came from, and trying to force their anti-gun policies down peoples throats; incidently, i agree with these policies, but i don't really think they should be trying to reap the political rewards of this event so soon- i would say at all, but that'd be impossible. Even the BBC treated it horribly, horribly badly, basically belittling Americans and trying to make it sound like the 2nd Amendment was to blame instead of just one man with mental problems! *UNINTENTIONAL RANT OVER*
Back to my main point, i was just wondering how long it'll be before the media finds a video game, a rap song or, heaven forbid, a South Park DVD, in the killer's dorm room, and tries to blame the whole thing on the 'evil, corrupting entertainment of today' as they did last time round at Collumbine. Not Sure what Matt and Trey could do to help by the way.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:10 am

I have news that the gunman had a last disturbing message sent to MSNBC. Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/?GT1=9246
Still the same as it ever was.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:17 am

I took the link and i must say i'm not glad i did. This is one of the most disturbing thing's i've seen in a while and i'm not sure why the media have complied with the killer in releasing this stuff, making him as infamous as he obviously wanted to be. But enough of them for now.
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:33 am

They've been playing his video on CNN for the last couple hours, at least. And what's freaky is that he mailed and possibly filmed the video in between the two separate shootings.

This guy definetly needed help, and actually thought he would be thought of as a Martyr. Just watch it and you'll see.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:05 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
hainted wrote:All I can say is SOMEBODY SHOULD HAVE SHOT THAT FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would think that somewhere between his first shooting,his 2 hour break for brunch at IHOP,and his return from brunch to kill 30 more people that someone somewhere should have shot the motherfucker.And if someone had then maybe a few more people would still be alive today.Maybe they could've have got him really early on and saved 20 or 30 people's lives.

You know,maybe at some point the cops show up with their dogs and they have their guns drawn and they have the dogs sniff the fucker out and then BLAMMO!

It could have been alot less tragic.

Instead of a massacre the headlines could have been: "dildo kills 2 and then kills himself by cop",etc.

It's harder than you think to get to the scene of a crime, collect evidence, and start the search for the killer, especially if no one knows who it is.

m00nbat wrote:

Yeah, we are taking about the real world Hainted..You can't just go shoot first and ask questions later when you don't know who did it.

I didn't say to shoot first and ask questions later I'm saying the f*ck/i]ucker is running around killing people and at some point someone somewhere could have made him stop by shooting him before he can go and kill more people.

There's nothing "shoot first and ask questions later" about that scenario.

You're the one not living in the real world m00nbat.

In the real world it is noble to stop a killer on a killing spree.

Shane,anyone could have shot the shooter at any point in his killing spree and it would have been a good thing.My point about the cops was just one aspect of my post.The guy killed two people,took a 2 hour break to make a video of himself and put it in the mail and the mailman delivered it to NBC.Then the killer went back and killed 30 more people.

I have seen the police in my neighborhood with dogs catch somebody in a matter of just minutes.So between the first two people killed and the last 30 people killed with a 2 hour break from the killing in the middle of the spree seems like ample time to me.That's two people dead and 2 hours to respond.The dogs should have been on the trail.
Cartman Rox965

Postby Cartman Rox965 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:25 am

Wow, this seems to be a thread full of swears! :P
Anyway, RIP to all that died.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:40 am

Hainted, you just entirely missed the point. During the two hours between the murders in the dorms and the shooting in the class room, the cops didn't know who did it.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:48 am

With the recent tragedy at Virginia Tech, I expected that Matt and Trey might allude to the incident in the final episode of this run of South Park. I don't think I caught any references though. It's a shame this was the final episode of the run for I'm sure Matt and Trey would have done an episode on it otherwise. It's possible, however, that the incident will continue to stir up controversy and debate in the media (gun control, anyone?), giving Matt and Trey plenty of material for the start of Season 11's second half (Jimbo in a gun control-themed episode, anyone?).

As for the lives that could have been saved, while they didn't know who did it after the first shooting, they should have warned everyone on campus or even shut down campus and sent everyone home. Nobody even knew about the first shooting until more than two hours later when the second shooting had begun. That's what pisses me off. They might've thought it was an isolated incident, but they were wrong. It's better to overreact than to underreact. In this case, an underreaction cost an additional 30 lives.

Here's a little pic I threw together yesterday in memory of those who lost their lives:

Although admittedly, I stole the design from CNN. :P
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Hainted, you just entirely missed the point. During the two hours between the murders in the dorms and the shooting in the class room, the cops didn't know who did it.

2 hours

that's 2 hours they should have been doing SOMETHING

what were they doing picking their butt with their nose?

It just proves you can't rely on them.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:59 pm

You should know at least by the massive amount of murder mysteries out there that even if they were doing something, it wasn't likely they were going to catch him within two hours. They probably were doing something; they were doing whatever procedure had worked for years and years before. It just so happened that this case was unique. Who could have foreseen that? You? Right.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:41 pm

At the very least, the students, faculty, and staff should have been notified about the first incident. Maybe then they could've had their guard up, locked all the doors and whatnot. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20. It's just sad and sickening.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:53 pm

I'm pissed that they're trying to paint the gunman as the victim and the students as abusive villians.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”