Virginia Tech Students asking to bring justice to the media!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:40 am

sh*t, I was a f*cking social outcast in Jr. High too. That's just the kind of hostile environment Jr. High is and I wasn't part of the in-crowd. This guy was in college. People there tend to be much nicer, more open-minded, and less concerned about fashion and trends. Don't take out your childhood problems on a bunch of random people who didn't do anything to deserve what they got. I wouldn't be surprised if half the victims were bullied at one point or another.

I remember after Columbine, people were scared of me. After having been a social outcast for years, I just kinda got used to not saying anything to anybody, and they say it's always the quiet people who are plotting to kill everyone. I don't know if anyone still thinks that (I'm quite vocal in class discussions in college), but at one time, they were afraid that I was a homicidal maniac. Seriously, though, it broke my heart when my hamster died--there's no way I'd have it in me to harm another human being (except in self-defense, of course).
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:46 am

^I get that from people more than occasionally, too. I've been in and out of detention constantly for making "threats" that other students get away with all the time. =\ All because I don't have any friends and I wear black clothes.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:09 am

SuperMaids wrote:What? Have i missed something? I know there's a lot of evil institurtions out there, and a lot of people are mistakenly playing this murderor like he's a tragic hero from a play, but i've yet to see anyone blame it on the students like they deserved it. And if anyone does blame it on the students, then they need to watch that video again... talking to yourself and yourself alone aboot how hedonistic and debaucherous everone else is isn't a good way to make friends...

I think Rosie O'Donnell blamed it on the VT students. :shock:
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:10 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:
Psychos look like everyone else.The kind of clothing they wear doesn't make them kill people..Neither does the music they listen to, or the violent video games they play, or their ethnicity ( Hainted, you asshat),

WTF?
Are you retarded?

I never said anything about ethnicity you psycho asshat.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:16 am

Oops..Sorry, blonde moment. Misread your post.I thought when you were calling him a Kook, you said something else..Something racist.. But, the thing is, with your behaviour on the board, I really wouldn't have put it past you.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:20 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Oops..Sorry, blonde moment. Misread your post.I thought when you were calling him a Kook, you said something else..Something racist.. But, the thing is, with your behaviour on the board, I really wouldn't have put it past you.

So you see the word "kook" and automatically YOU think of the word gook? Wow what a racist bitch.

Maybe if you spent more time talking about the show and making harmless jokes (like I do) instead of concentrating all of your energy on attacking other posters here then you wouldn't look like such a meanie and such an idiot.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:31 am

Ok, if I am such a racist, why did I have a good friend in college who was a Japanese exchange student..No, I automatically thought that, because it was your post, and deep down I don't really think you just want to make harmless un pc jokes. I think you are a hipocrit, and if you are not a racist, you probably are a homophobe, and it is very likely you have other predujuices as well against people who are different than you. You definately are hateful most of the time.I think you want to push your opinions on others, which is why you keep on about the same stupid crap. I have always thought that since you showed up.. I don't like it.That is why I pick on you. I may be a bitch but at least I am an honest bitch.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:40 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Ok, if I am such a racist, why did I have a good friend in college who was a Japanese exchange student..No, I automatically thought that, because it was your post, and deep down I don't really think you just want to make harmless un pc jokes. I think you are a hipocrit, and if you are not a racist, you probably are a homophobe, and it is very likely you have other predujuices as well against people who are different than you. You definately are hateful most of the time.I think you want to push your opinions on others, which is why you keep on about the same stupid crap. I have always thought that since you showed up.. I don't like it.That is why I pick on you. I may be a bitch but at least I am an honest bitch.

No,you're just a psycho bitch.

You automatically assume the worst about everyone until they confirm to you that they fall in line with your beliefs lock step.

You're prejudiced and your own words indicate that without anybody having to assume anything.You are the ass who is doing all of the assuming about people and you think that your assumptions alone give you the right to be the world's biggest bitch.You are pushing your political agenda just as I am pushing mine.The difference is I can do it while being funny and without resorting to being an attacker and initiator of personal attacks.

I actually keep it in the context of the show and of the thread I am posting in.

Now stop ruining this thread too like you ruin every thread with your incessant whining and bitching and your constant senseless,childish personal attacks.
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:06 am

Anyways back to the VT topic and the related gun debate.

You know it's funny how if you tell the gun control nuts that it is the psycho killer's intent to kill that's the problem and that even if you ban guns they will just find some other way to kill,etc.They will usually respond with "but it'll be alot harder and they won't be able to kill as many peple as easily",blah blah blah...

Well aside from the fact that they are just plain WRONG about that notion as 9/11 proved...

If we allowed more normal sane people to be armed then we would achieve the same results of stopping the kooks earlier resulting in them being able to kill less people.Except that in this scenario the concept is real and not a total fallacy, and we wouldn't have to shit all over the constitution and people's rights to do it.

This is a fact, and this is the truth that exposes the liberals' deliberate and evil intent and desire and their blatant agenda to erode our rights.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:17 am

You are pushing your political agenda just as I am pushing mine.

Wow, you were reminding me of someone just then, i forget who.
*turns on tv, sees CNN news * "And this poor, defencless young boy was driven to kill because he was alloud to buy a gun... and because someone tried to talk to him but mbecause of their evil racismn, they mistook him for one of a chinaman rather than the Vietnamiese gook he was... if we change the entire law so no one can have a gun because of ONE person, it'll make it all so much better, they died for something good!"
*turns on tv, sees FOX news* "And if it weren't for these violent Kung-fu movies and video games from OUTSIDE AMERICA, this horrible monster who wasn't fit to breath the air we do wouldn't have done any of this; guns arn't to blame, everyone in the entire media excluding us is!"

No, still don't know what you'r pointless, highly disrespectful flaming is reminding me of... At all...
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:33 am

Yep, thank you for what you just said.That is what I have been trying to point out to him. I am not trying to push any political agenda, lately, after alot of thought, I have come to the conclusion that politics in general are a bunch of bullsh*t..My roommate is right about taking life as it comes, and not worrying to much about that kind of thing, and instead just concentrating on your own life and the people around you. I know people who have political views I don't agree with,but I am still their friend. What I am doing here mostly is making mischeif, which is why I am still here picking on Hainted. But,sometimes I am nice and I contribute when someone starts a thread I am interested in. Depends on my mood..And, as I admitted, I was wrong about what I thought Hainted said..I am a ditz at times, and I did apologize to him, although I really don't like him..But they way he is going, that is probably going to be the only apology he ever gets from me. And, you are right, he sounds exactly like the people he hates. I don't know why I never put it that way before.

And, just so the author of this thread knows, I ment no disrespect to you or your school. I meant what I said earlier in my original post on this thread..This whole thing started because I thought Hainted was being disrespectful.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:21 am

hainted wrote:
If we allowed more normal sane people to be armed then we would achieve the same results of stopping the kooks earlier resulting in them being able to kill less people.Except that in this scenario the concept is real and not a total fallacy, and we wouldn't have to shit all over the constitution and people's rights to do it.

This is a fact, and this is the truth that exposes the liberals' deliberate and evil intent and desire and their blatant agenda to erode our rights.

Hahaha, Hainted is cool. Florida actually legalized carrying firearms in the streets for this reason.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:40 am

I can't say I blame the gun shop, as they ran their background check and found nothing. The fact of the matter is, the guy was institutionalized and was deemed unsafe to ever possess firearms. This did not go in his record. PHAIL.

And yes, banning guns is a stupid idea. All that does is remove guns from the possession of law-abiding citizens. The people whose hands we're trying to keep guns out of will find other ways to get their hands on firearms (i.e. the black market, where they don't have to worry about background checks or waiting periods). By banning guns, we would be removing the best form of self-defense from the hands of the common citizen, but we sure as hell wouldn't be stopping a deranged lunatic from committing acts of homicide--hell, we'd be helping those people by forbidding the victims from protecting themselves. There just needs to be stricter enforcement of the existing gun control laws (i.e. the guy's visit to a mental institution should have gone on his permanent record so that he could never be sold firearms to begin with).

I understand how Moon feels when she says that politics are bullsh*t, and I usually try to stay out of political discussions because I don't like the hostility it creates between people, especially when nothing those people discuss will have any effect on the world at all. However, I can respect a person's political views if it's clear they have good intentions, even if I don't agree with them. When I state my political views, I have humankind's best interests at heart. I just wish senseless acts of violence like this one didn't have to happen.
Last edited by KennyStanWendyFan on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:06 pm

[quote="KennyStanWendyFan"There just needs to be stricter enforcement of the existing gun control laws (i.e. the guy's visit to a mental institution should have gone on his permanent record so that he could never be sold firearms to begin with).

[/quote]

Exactly. :P It's such a simple and sensible solution. No need to go to any extreme and ban fire-arms from sane people. Just take them away from people with a record of mental illness.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:33 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:I can't say I blame the gun shop, as they ran their background check and found nothing. The fact of the matter is, the guy was institutionalized and was deemed unsafe to ever possess firearms. This did not go in his record. PHAIL.

And yes, banning guns is a stupid idea. All that does is remove guns from the possession of law-abiding citizens. The people that whose hands we're trying to keep guns out of will find other ways to get their hands on firearms (i.e. the black market, where they don't have to worry about background checks or waiting periods). By banning guns, we would be removing the best form of self-defense from the hands of the common citizen, but we sure as hell wouldn't be stopping a deranged lunatic from committing acts of homicide--hell, we'd be helping those people by forbidding the victims from protecting themselves. There just needs to be stricter enforcement of the existing gun control laws (i.e. the guy's visit to a mental institution should have gone on his permanent record so that he could never be sold firearms to begin with).

I understand how Moon feels when she says that politics are bullsh*t, and I usually try to stay out of political discussions because I don't like the hostility it creates between people, especially when nothing those people discuss will have any effect on the world at all. However, I can respect a person's political views if it's clear they have good intentions, even if I don't agree with them. When I state my political views, I have humankind's best interests at heart. I just wish senseless acts of violence like this one didn't have to happen.

I agree that we can't ban guns..I used to live with my parents out in the middle of nowhere..Six miles from a little hick town and only a few neighbors around. If someone came to start trouble, there is no way the pathetic excuse for police we had up there could get there in time. In the time I lived there, there were two murders not very far from where I live..In one case, a woman was killed at her home( evidently she was home alone at night, and someone decided to attack her, it was never found out why or who did it), and in the other case, a few years later, someone dumped a body near a farm on our road..And, two different times, my parents and I were gone for the day, and when we came back, some assh*le decided to kill our dog..The first time that happened I was five, and they shot our dog. The second time, I was about 11 and someone poisoned our dog. That is why my parents had a gun. They chose to live out in the middle of no where, and they knew there was the chance some f*cked up assh*les could start sh*t. You live somewhere like that, and you don't have a gun, and something bad happens, you might be f*cked. Needless to say, I am never moving back to that house.

But, the place I live now is nice, quiet..Mostly old people in the neighborhood, and my roommates and I are pretty careful about locking the doors when we leave the house and at night, and we are not so stupid as to let people in the house who we know do lot of illegal sh*t. We don't have a gun..We have never really discussed getting one..I wouldn't mind having one, but only if I knew how to handle it safely. Anyway, how I feel about this debate is I don't agree with extremists on either side of the gun control issue. I think both sides are just selling fear to get people to listen to them ( oh, if you have a gun in the house, your kids could shoot themselves with it..Or..Oh, if you don't have a gun some psycho could start killing people and you couldn't protect yourself) and I am not going to buy into it. And, I think that whether or not someone needs a gun really depends on where a person lives and alot of other factors in their lives. That is what my own experiences have taught me, and I am not going to be scared by anyone into thinking different.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”