Do you have a phobia?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

deathandecay

Do you have a phobia?

Postby deathandecay » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Spiders, bees, people who look like the elephant man...

Do you fear something so bad that you try your best to not even think about it, let alone tell others about it for fear of having them take advantage of it?

If so, post it here!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:13 pm

I'm scared of bees, but not to the point where thinking about them strikes fear into my heart or to the point where I can't tell people about the fear. However, I'll run every which way to try and avoid bees. They piss me off 'cause they always have to buzz around the area I'm trying to get to. For the record, I've never been stung. I've tried killing bees with bug spray, but it never works--they always dodge or it just doesn't affect them, perhaps because I wasn't able to get enough on them. I hate it when bees make their home in my yard. Go away, damn you!
Cool_Shan

Postby Cool_Shan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:44 pm

I'm not scared of bees, i don't know why so many people are? I just throw my shoe at them or kick them lol. I have a very big phobia of drowning. I can't even go in a f*cking swimming pool without screaming. I really have a bad fear of it. :(
Big Will wrote:
Goddamn you people suck. Especially Cool_Shan
BRMBug

Re: Do you have a phobia?

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 pm

deathandecay wrote:Spiders, bees, people who look like the elephant man...

Well, in that case, you'd really run from me... I'm a spider.

Ok, seriously, big spiders, snakes, certain dark spaces... I can handle heights if I know there's no way I could fall. Now, if I was to, say stand close to the edge of the roof of a 10 story building, that'd make me uneasy. However, if I found myself on the roof of the Sears building, and were to lay down, I could stick my head over the edge no problem. ...You know what I mean?
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:23 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid of heights.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:29 pm

BRMBug wrote:Now, if I was to, say stand close to the edge of the roof of a 10 story building, that'd make me uneasy. However, if I found myself on the roof of the Sears building, and were to lay down, I could stick my head over the edge no problem. ...You know what I mean?

I know what you mean, it's the fact of safety. Same thing for me. Oh, and my phobias are Bees, wasps, anything that flies and can sting you. I hate wasps the most since they sting out of pleasure, whereas bees sting out of last-resort defence.

Suffocating is extremely uncomfortable, too....especially underwater. Just feeling your heart pounding and your head pulsing like a bomb about to explode is just, bleh. You can't control it.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:13 pm

BRMBug wrote:I can handle heights if I know there's no way I could fall. Now, if I was to, say stand close to the edge of the roof of a 10 story building, that'd make me uneasy. However, if I found myself on the roof of the Sears building, and were to lay down, I could stick my head over the edge no problem. ...You know what I mean?

Totally. I think the scariest height is somewhere around the roofline of a 2 story house. Especially if it's some big open area like a roof. When you're in a tree that high, there's branches and sh*t to hold on to.
The addition of wind will make it even more uneasy.

I think the scariest dream I can have is one that involves me free falling for some reason.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:20 pm

The people who know me the best could tell you that I'm deathly afraid of cats. (Well they could, but they'd be lying, so they probably wouldn't.)

I honestly can't say I'm afraid of things like heights, spiders, bees, blood, etc. The one thing I fear the most is failure. Everything else is secondary do that.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:24 pm

i'm scared to DEATH of needles. mostly, i'm afraid of being injected with anything.. but i'm still freaked out by any kind of needle.

i also have a fear of bees, wasps, and spiders.. and hallucinating.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:34 pm

Bees and wasps: If I see one a few feet away from me, but not even coming near me, I make up some excuse to leave the area.

Drowning/Suffocating: I hate the thought of not being able to breath, it's one of those things you can't really do anything about when it's happening to you...or you think you can't.

I'm also pretty freaked out of being stranded in the middle of the ocean. Not being able to see any land, or people around me, and knowing there's some of the creepiest creatures below me is just a scary thought.

None of these are really phobias, they're just regular fears.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:49 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:i also have a fear of bees, wasps, and spiders.. and hallucinating.

Hallucinating? Really?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:51 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:i'm scared to DEATH of needles. mostly, i'm afraid of being injected with anything.. but i'm still freaked out by any kind of needle.

i also have a fear of bees, wasps, and spiders.. and hallucinating.

I am also scared of needles and heights.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:03 am

Standing over the edge of something huge scares the sh*t out of me. I need to feel safe. Sometimes I get scared of an open staircase, but I love on roller coasters (I've been on the biggest one in the world), and that DropZone thing at King's Dominion. I can go on a ferris wheel, but it scares me the whole time.

Suffocation is another big one. I don't mind when someone pushes me into the water when just my body is in it, or none of my body is in it, but I hate when I'm coming up in the water and someone pushes me back down. That scares me a lot. I also can't stand being under a blanket with someone on top of it.

I also CANNOT STAND mice. I hate those little pieces of sh*t. I would hate for one of those things to touch my feet. Just the mere thought that one might be on the ground makes me wanna jump up on a bed.

I don't even mind being stung by yellow jackets or bees, but wasps' stings hurt like hell.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:50 am

Cool_Shan wrote:I'm not scared of bees, i don't know why so many people are? I just throw my shoe at them or kick them lol. I have a very big phobia of drowning. I can't even go in a f*cking swimming pool without screaming. I really have a bad fear of it. :(

That's why it's a phobia--there's really no reason for me to be that deathly afraid of them, I just am.

I used to have a fear of needles until I was in the hospital for a while. They would poke a needle in my arm every damn day and so I eventually became desensitized to needles. Actually, I just hated pointy things in general. I'd make me uneasy if I saw a knife lying on the table pointing toward me (i.e. the person across the table from me's knife). I'm no longer that paranoid of pointy objects, but I guess that's why I'm of bees and wasps--their stings are pointy objects. I guess that's one type of pointy object I never overcame my fear of, even though I've never been stung.

Oddly enough, I've never been afraid of heights, at least not beyond reason. I've never been that afraid of spiders either (although I'd probably be uncomfortable around the really big or really poisonous ones). I don't like snakes, though I've never seen one in the wild--I've seen ones in the pet store that aren't dangerous (like one that was hanging on a person's shoulders), and I found that being around it made me a bit uneasy, so I guess I have a phobia of snakes. I don't know though, I haven't had enough contact with snakes to really say.

Here's a weird phobia of mine: if I look up to the sky for too long, I start to become afraid of the sky. I don't know, I just see what a long, never-ending distance it is up there and I get this weird "falling" feeling. It's hard to explain... it's like I'm afraid I'm going to fall upward or something. I know that that'd never happen, but... it's just weird. It only happens when I look directly up for long periods of time, like if I'm looking at constellations or something. One time, it got so bad that even when I was looking forward, I was still uncomfortable just standing under the sky and I wanted so badly to have a roof over my head. Silly, I know.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:17 am

You know what, I think I'm afraid of the characters that roam around in theme parks. I was thinking of it, and if I'm at... say, Six Flags, and see a group of Looney Tunes Characters entertaining a group of kids, I tend to avoid the group. Then I thought of what I do when I have one right in front of me, and I tend to ignore it and walk right past. I can't figure out why either. It's not like Cookie Monster tried to touch my bits at Sesame Street Place when I was a kid or anything. Of course it could just be that I'm creeped out enough by them that I do what I do, but I don't know. (I suppose that technically, it's phobia if it creeps me out, but, whatever.)

I sort of avoid clowns too, but they don't freak me out or anything. It's more like a... well, a Stan reaction to the 'Cirque de Shuhblahre' clown.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”