Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I am afraid of that penis enlargement thread

They actually had one of those on here (or still do)? :shock:
Kenny_the_best

Postby Kenny_the_best » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:36 am

water, butterflies, clowns :roll:
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Phobias...hmm...let's see...

I've always been scared to die by burning or to die slowly and painfully from cancer or something. I mean, I'd rather freeze to death or have it end quickly (like in a car crash)...I'm not into suffering over a period of time...

Oh, I hate bugs and spiders, too. Eww...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
soulsforsale5s

Postby soulsforsale5s » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Sinking in a deep body of water that has no light
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire."
- George Carlin
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:25 am

FreedomFighterXL wrote:
Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I am afraid of that penis enlargement thread

They actually had one of those on here (or still do)? :shock:

at the time of the post i think they did
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:00 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:
EPAF wrote:
Jay C wrote:
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:and even more afraid of the Killer Piano in the Haunted House level, back when I was like 9. XD

No way, dude, same here. XD That thing was f*cking TERRIFYING.

WOO-HOO, I'm not the only guy here who was/is afraid of things out of games. I never thought I'd get afraid of things out of Mario games. Zelda games, yes...and Resident Evil games......YES...but still, like Hat mentioned, the eel and the Killer Piano scared me to hell. It was always for me, just a matter of:
"Ummm...errrrr...O..K......I'm finally here......now let's just get the star or collect 100 bloody coins and I can......arghhh...RUUUUUUN/SWIIIIIIM!" :lol: :roll: Games did that to me when I was younger.

I would go on about which enemies/parts scare(d) me in things like Zelda games, but I don't wanna sound like a Nintendo geek. :oops: :lol:

O.O THE KILLER PIANO WAS FRIGHTENING.

I actually got sort of scared of that thing.. especially when I first ever saw it. Eventually, though, the haunted-house level became one of my favourites, hehe. But the sound Bowser made when you killed him creeped me out more, as did the never-ending staircase. Oh geez, the never-ending staircase..

Oh yes, I completely forgot about the Staircase. The music from that was another thing that totally creeped me out.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:10 am

Being a paranoid (or am I?) person by nature, I don't have a phobia. I have a whole damn mind full of them!
Current fears include; cute puppy dogs (put on earth by satan to peel the flesh from my bones and then suck their marrow out), my veins (blood could turn too acidic, melt the walls and make blood shoot from my every orafice), stairs/ especially escalators (could fall and bang into other people making them fall, thus becoming a murderor and earning myself a ticket to hell as well as horrible paralysis for the rest of my miserable life), psychiatrists (mucking with my mind to kill the man I am now and make me into someone they find more palitable) and my bed (could kill me in my sleep, wherever I sleep) or rather sleep in general (hence my coffee/ sometimes something stronger adiction), my mum (not really a phobia!) and most members of the fairer sex (who have cooties/ WILL say i raped them even if i just looke them in the eyes) and asking favours .
Other phobias I've concored include; flying phiranah fish that can phase through walls to rip my eyes out and eat my brains, every animal from horses to rats that could do the same thing, grass (that could get inside me and grow out of my skin, draining me of nutrients and making me starve, if i ever walk barefoot on it), agrophobia (enough said, though it isn't really gone hence I'm here and not there), the game of life glitching and sending me outside of the programed play area, GOD (if I don't pray well enough or think badly of him coz he'll stop being my dad and let Satan get me like he let him get Job), taking to people (people will wanna get me if i interfeer with their lives), buying stuff (I'll loose my money and starve on the streets with no way back home), my brain (it could blow up at any moment), myself (I could kill at any time), mass media (subliminal messages, I'll get the actual tin foil goggles!) and of course our best mate, Mr. Internet (full of predators who wanna get me).
Thank G-d for that phobia/ rational hatred of psychoatry :)
x-xhattiex-x

Re: Do you have a phobia?

Postby x-xhattiex-x » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:32 am

[quote="deathandecay":02265]Spiders, bees, people who look like the elephant man...[/quote:02265]

the elephant man & cracked ground :?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:33 pm

My house got to me again. I was walking down the dark hallway into my quasi-lit room, and I got creeped out when passing by the dark study.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Phobias...um, wow.

Let's see, I have an aversion to eye injuries, for one. The thought of my eyes being torn out (one or both) is pretty unsettling, as well as getting stabbed or having them injured. I guess it's part of why I could never put in contacts. I couldn't keep my eyelids from flinching and each time I tried putting them in, it'd hurt and make me think I was trying to jab my eyes out. I got a scar above my right eyebrow from when I ran into an art deco glass block pole back in '00 (or '99? Hard to tell with late elementary). The Everglades was burning, the smoke out in South Florida was thick, and I had bad vision to begin with. Just imagine if it was my EYE.

Airplanes are something that I've been staying away from for years now. Even before 9/11, I didn't want to get on any. Just the idea of something going wrong up in the air...I mean, in a car crash, unless you were on some high overpass or bridge, it's on the ground. Airplanes are so high up >_< And when I did get on a plane as a kid, it wasn't really fun. Air pressure on the ears, ugh. Plus after coming back from New Jersey, they kept having to de-ice the plane. And the trip TO New Jersey seemed to be pretty slow and boring (and the air pressure @_@).

Trains aren't something I'm completely afraid of, but after hearing of all the Amtrak derailings over time, it's more of an irritation. That, and the past few times I went on the Amtrak, there were a lot of annoying delays and incompetent people. When I went on a trip to Maryland in 2004, the departure day from Florida happened to fall on April Fool's. Some moron thought it'd be funny to tell us to come to the one side of the station and this one track...only to tell us at the last minute before the train came "Oh, uh, it's on the other track." UUGH. Whether it was an intentional joke or not, it wasn't funny.

Heights are something that makes me nervous. That can be an extension from the airplane fear, I guess. I don't like going over large span bridges/drawbridges either, and having to go in really tall buildings or use elevators adds to the nervous feeling. Which brings me to the fear/phobia of being trapped in a falling elevator.

When I was on the Metro in DC, this one station we stopped at had this REALLY high escalator. As I went up, I kept fearing that I was going to lose my balance and fall. Ferris Wheels and upside-down roller coasters are other things I'm nervous on (hence why I steer clear of the latter. I wind up getting dragged into going on the Ferris Wheel at the fair a lot, though -_-).

Death/dying...yeah, I know, part of life and "You were technically dead before you were born, why should you care?". But the thought of getting suddenly killed and the possibility of no one finding out...ugh. Of course, I'd hate to live long and the possibility of going senile and dying while in a puddle of my own waste and diapers in some old folk's home. But then someone would be like "Why should you care about that? You'd be dead". Well, you can't stop someone from worrying about the thought. Especially if you happen to know someone who might wind up snapping and killing you.

Bees...ugh. I stepped on a bee as a kid. I didn't see it in the grass at all, it must've been deep down. But OW. Wasps and bees seemed to be attracted to me or something when I was younger. To add to this phobia, I got bit/stung by some type of tropical insect at a mom's friend's when I was about 12. I didn't feel it really, but I wound up breaking out in a horrible rash days later and found it difficult to breathe. The doctor determined that the cause was a tropical bee or spider. Mosquitoes are horrible too. I also hate and fear getting bit by fire ants, because they not only bite, but seem to SUCK, too. And if you're allergic, it's worse.

Surgery...I'm glad I've only had my tonsils and adenoids removed. That was an unpleasant experience. "YOU WON'T FEEL A THING, YOU'LL BE KNOCKED OUT!". Well, no wonder you get knocked out so fast. They inject you with something that gives you horrible burning pain to knock you out. And even then, you're not totally knocked out. Because I felt some hot, searing, bleeding pain in my throat.

This is a dumb one, but...dead frogs. Heck, dead anything. But dead frogs grossed and scared the crap out of me as a kid. There'd be a LOT of them splattered on the neighborhood streets. One had its' tongue even hanging out. I screamed so much. Having to walk home from school through the 1st and 2nd grades and seeing so many...EW.

I first saw pictures of corpses when I had to watch a Holocaust documentary around late elementary/early middle. It definitely made me horrified, for a lot of reasons. When I'd try watching forensic shows, I'd tell myself "At least you're not seeing dead bodies 'up close'", but even then, I'd find myself averting my eyes from the screen. I've never been to a funeral (aside from one when I was a baby and I don't count that as I don't remember ;^_^) and I'm kind of nervous about THAT. Yeah, they're dead bodies, they can't hurt you, they're just DEAD. Still doesn't make it NOT unsettling.

Piranhas, botflies, candiru: GET THEM AWAY. Also, tapeworms and parasites sicken me. Sea lice sicken and scare me, as I've had them quite a few times (which is why I now have an aversion to beaches, aside from getting sunburnt easily too). Head lice are another, thanks to getting them from a friend years back.

By the way, I was horribly afraid of the "Pizza Head" Pizza Hut mascot as a kid. Just getting that out there. God, that was so lame. I also was afraid of the dark and was convinced there was a "Big Hairy Beast" that lived in the closet that wanted to get me. So I slept with a nightlight up until about maybe 2nd grade anyway even after I figured the 'Beast' wasn't really there.

I got an aversion to camping thanks to a Girl Scout camping trip. Well, Girl Scouts sucked anyway. But after that, I was like "I'M ONLY GOING TO CAMP OUT IN A HOTEL!". Being in a cabin that smelled of piss and was just grimy-looking, being stuck with several snotty 'popular' girls, the shower cabin being ice-cold and smelling like someone used it as a toilet as well...yuck. I'm not going to go into the whole weekend experience here, but it definitely 'scarred' me.

...I'm wondering just how many of these actually count as phobias, anyway? There might even be more of these "phobias".

Now that I've vented those out, I'll say that even though I want to be indepedent, at the same time I'm not sure I can trust living on my own or growing up. I feel like I've been pressured and pushed, basically, to grow up QUITE fast. I'm not yet 19, and I'm still trying to figure out what I should do. Yet I'm being pushed to decide, it seems.
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Long posts
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:32 pm

BRMBug wrote:My house got to me again. I was walking down the dark hallway into my quasi-lit room, and I got creeped out when passing by the dark study.

I love being in houses when you get that creepy feeling, that something might be lurking in a dark room or outside the window.

I'm a bit of a thrill-seeker, so I don't have any fears or phobias, because I love that feeling of being scared or creeped out.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 pm

My ant-phobia took a creepy turn this morning. I...don't want to get into the specifics as it'd be TMI and disturbing. But let's just say I wound up screaming and pretty frightened when taking care of some type of personal business.

THOUSANDS OF RED ANTS, SWARMING >_<.

I had to put an ant trap in the bathroom. The nest appears to be in some hole/crack leading under the tub. Just great :roll:

I'm still horribly freaked out and nervous to go back in there. So yeah, I think I really do have an ant phobia, then.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:12 am

I am afraid of Groundhog-like days

there is nothing worse than doing the same thing day in and day out
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:32 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:My ant-phobia took a creepy turn this morning. I...don't want to get into the specifics as it'd be TMI and disturbing. But let's just say I wound up screaming and pretty frightened when taking care of some type of personal business.

THOUSANDS OF RED ANTS, SWARMING >_<.

I had to put an ant trap in the bathroom. The nest appears to be in some hole/crack leading under the tub. Just great :roll:

I'm still horribly freaked out and nervous to go back in there. So yeah, I think I really do have an ant phobia, then.

Bleh...you made the fire-ant bites on the bottom of my feet start itching again.

:cartmanangry:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”