Do you have a phobia?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:00 pm

I used to be scared of clowns. I watched Bozo as a kid and so whenever I saw a clown, I was afraid of getting a pie in my face. :P
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:15 pm

I still kind if have a phobia of spiders, but now it's only the bigger ones that get me edgy. When I was young I used to sh*t myself if I saw one, big or small. The thing is, I'm only scared if there actually near me and loose. I have no problem if I see one on TV or if ones in a tank near me.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:59 pm

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:i'm scared to DEATH of needles. mostly, i'm afraid of being injected with anything.. but i'm still freaked out by any kind of needle.

Same here. Just the idea of getting it is the thing that scares me most. I also feel really nauseous whenever I get an injection. I actually feel sick just seeing someone recieve one.

Same with wasps and bees [Lior'll know why. :lol:]. Whenever I'm in a closed space with one [Like my bedroom], I get terrified. I'm such a chicken sh*t around 'em.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Jay C wrote:Same with wasps and bees [Lior'll know why. :lol:]. Whenever I'm in a closed space with one [Like my bedroom], I get terrified. I'm such a chicken sh*t around 'em.

AHAHAHAH. I TOTALLY forgot about that until you mentioned it again. XDD That's so FUNNY still.

I have a mild fear of spiders, mostly when they just sneak up on me or if I see one in the middle of the night, then I start freaking out and running around the house screaming, pretty much. Though my biggest fear is a slightly more rational one in that I'm terrified of rejection/being made an idiot out of/failure, so as a result I tend to stay rather quiet 'cause I can't get over it. @_@

I can't really think of any other fears, though. XD Like I'm a freak, I love that suffocating feeling, and I love being in an unsafe position at a high height.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:14 pm

I am so scared of heights. Whenever I'm on something really high, like stairs that lead up to a rollercoaster, I'm dead afraid the stairs are going to collapse, and I'm going to go flying down. That's why my friends HATE going to Amusement Parks with me. They literally have to push and pull me up the stairs while I walk about 0.5 MPH up the stairs. I hold on the railing with my life. I'm always frekaing out and my friends have had to slap me sometimes to get me up the damn stairs.

I CANNOT STAND VANTRILEQUIST DUMMIES. I HATE THOSE THINGS. I they would all go away. Anytime I see one of those, I close my eyes and go to my happy place. I'm always afraid they are going to come and kill me. I hate dolls with big eyes, and that sit there and stare at you.

I hate clowns. I was at Six Flags once, and I was there with my friends and it was Fright Fest, and dead zombies and clowns with chainsaws were walking around and one walked up to my friend and she said, "f*ck off, I'm pissed. Don't mess with me." And it walked away and came by me, and it scared the hell out of me. I screamed and ran aroudn my friends until it finally went away. I stayed clear of those things for the rest of the day.

My mom always threatens to give me a vantrilequist clown doll for my birthday. I would faint if she ever went through with that.

I HATE the dark. I've watched WAY too many scary movies to go walking around my house or anybody elses in the dark. I will stay in bed at night all night, won't flinch or anything. I always think someone or something is watching me. I have a big closet, and I had a dream that a doll with no eyes was chained to my chest in my closet and every time I opened the door to go downstairs, it would open by itself. When I woke up that morning, I wore whatever was in my dresser.

One last thing to go with the one above...I am the most paranoid person you will ever meet. I always feel like someone is watching me anywhere I go. That is the only downfall to having me own room. I always feel like I am not the only one there. Never leave me anywhere alone for too long, because if you come back, I'll be lying on the floor, my eyes shut, shivering, singing an Aqua song. XD

Also, I am claustrophobic.

So, to wrap this up, I have one thing to say: Never leave me in a small, dark room that is very high up off the ground with a window open, a closet, and a vantrilequist clown doll. I'll go insane.

There is one phobia I wish I had, though. It's called "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome" You always feel like you are seeing things through a looking glass.
Last edited by StanismyMan on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:20 pm

StanismyMan wrote:Also, I am claustrophobic.

Oh my God, I totally forgot about this. I'm also extremely claustrophobic, like for instance I can NOT ride in an elevator. Once, while in Spain, I was forced by my cousin to ride the lift with her, and it f*cking broke down. XD I had to sit down and close my eyes to avoid freaking out, literally.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:29 pm

StanismyMan wrote: I always think someone or something is watching me.

One last thing to go with the one above...I am the most paranoid person you will ever meet. I always feel like someone is watching me anywhere I go. That is the only downfall to having me own room. I always feel like I am not the only one there. Never leave me anywhere alone for too long, because if you come back, I'll be lying on the floor, my eyes shut, shivering, singing an Aqua song. XD.

Hey, that's how i used to be! Until i became friends with the presence around me.

Im kidding. But no, really. I also constantly feel like i'm being watched. When im in my room alone, i know there's something else there. I used to leave the light on all night. It's not too different now, i sleep with the candles on. And the feeling of having someone else in there with me, i learned to live with it, since nothing has ever popped out from my closet(which is also big. Ironic). As for paranoia, i've learned to just deal with that as well. When i go anywhere, i always feel like anyone who drives by or walks by is staring at me. I've had all this for a long time, since i was 8. Funny i grew up such a pussy and now i can watch a horror movie by myself.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:39 pm

Wow, Mel. That's a lot of phobias. :P
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:40 pm

I suffer from luposlipaphobia.
First observed by cartoonist Gary Larson, Luposlipaphobia is the "fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly waxed floor."

Example:

You read it! You can't unread it!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 pm

My biggest fear are bees and wasps; not only are they hard to kill, but they can sting you too. I never liked insects that are hard to kill, they make me fell powerless. At least with spiders and crickets, they can be easily mashed with a shoe. :)

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:22 am

I'm scared of those goddamn police sketches! :shock: They just won't stop staring at you!!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:47 am

Jay C wrote:
MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:i'm scared to DEATH of needles. mostly, i'm afraid of being injected with anything.. but i'm still freaked out by any kind of needle.

Same here. Just the idea of getting it is the thing that scares me most. I also feel really nauseous whenever I get an injection. I actually feel sick just seeing someone recieve one.

Eeeee.. same here!! I can more easily watch someone get cut with a knife than stuck with a needle. Especially if they're getting an injection. The last time I got a shot was two months ago, and I literally wailed and started crying because I could FEEL the stuff going in. UUGGGHHHH.. *vomits*

there's a good side to everything, though. I mean, we'll never be heroin addicts. :P

and yeah, Bug.. I'm indeed scared of hallucinating. I don't generally hallucinate, but I still get paranoid about it. Mostly because if it was a bad hallucination, I wouldn't be able to get away from it, because it'd be in my head. And whenever I have nightmares, they're usually pretty graphic and involve lots of images I don't want to see. Yeah, my mind's a little bit eff'd up sometimes. ><
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:52 am

I'm not usually scared of the dark, but sometimes I like to read ghost stories (ones that people claim that they really had, even though I don't believe in that kind of superstition; it's just fun to read about) and when I'm done, I can no longer stand to be in the dark and have to quickly turn on the lights.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:33 am

I also can't stand the thought of having some doctor mess my eyes around with some sort of tool. I don't like the thought of being unable to be "put to sleep" so an eye can be worked on. For that matter, I find eye injuries to be the most intolerable ones of all; I paused my DVD many times throughout "Good Times With Weapons". I wouldn't know what would be more painful; getting a ninja star stuck in your eye or having it removed. :shock:

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:43 am

iceiwynd wrote:Though my biggest fear is a slightly more rational one in that I'm terrified of rejection/being made an idiot out of/failure, so as a result I tend to stay rather quiet 'cause I can't get over it. @_@

*raises hand, points at self* HELLOOO!! That's pretty much me to a tee.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”