Do you have a phobia?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:54 pm

Rooster_Costume wrote:Wow, Mel. That's a lot of phobias. :P

Yeah, and those are really the only ones that I have ever really told anybody about. So...moving on. :]

I can't stand mirrors in the dark. I can't really stand mirrors anywhere. I hate the thought of seeing myself looking back at me, because my mind can wander off sometimes, and if I dream about anything that has to do with a mirror, I'll put a blanket over ANYTHING that shows my reflection. It freaks me out. You know WHY I'm afraid of mirrors? Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

I would not step into the ocean for my life. This has come from one of my OBVIOUS obsessions, but none the less. Even so, even if I had never liked the book JAWS, I still would never go into the ocean. I don't even like going to the beach! I WON'T EVEN GO INTO THE DEEP END OF A POOL. I'm afraid I'm going too sink, or hold my breath under water too long and go bye-bye. You could say I'm a little afraid of water.

Open windows at night scare the hell out of me. I always have my curtains over my window, and I hate looking out windows. I'm always afraid something is going to be thrown at the window or something is going to come bashing through it. My bed is set right by a window, so I always sleep at the edge of the bed farthest from the window. that's why I'm always rolling off. My brother locked himself out at night once, and he threw a rock at my window to let him in, I almost didn't go down cause I thought someone was trying to break in. My sister made me go let him in.

Big vehicles. Trucks, RVs, Busses, you name it, I hate it. I hate driving with my parents, or anybody for that matter. I hate being next to trucks or big vehicles becuase I'm afraid they are gonna run me over. My brother being in an accident and my sister being in 3 DOES NOT HELP. I don't wanna learn to drive. I knwo it sounds insane, but unless I get as big a vehicle as any of those, I am not driving in a tiny car. And no, I do not want to be a bus driver when I'm older. <_<

Storms. Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, earthquakes, anything you can think of. I always feel like something like that is going to happen, and no matter what, Ialways feel like I'm going to be unprepared when it happens. I can't stand the thought of so many people losing their lives this way. I can't even imagine how I would react to something like that.

One last thing, I always feel like I'm going to come down with some kind of disease. Whenever I watch a doctor show of soem sort and I hear about all the different things you can catch and what things don't have a cure and what consequences happen even after you are cured of a disease always makes me feel like anything of that sort could happen to me at anytime. Give me a plastic bubble, for Christ's sake.

That's a couple more. Yeah, I'm a weird girl. XD
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
Grimm Dreadly

do you have a phobia?

Postby Grimm Dreadly » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:19 pm

my phobia isn't heights, it's falling. the height is not gonna kill you, the 500 foot fall will. i keep poisonous snakes, and tarantulas,and I cage fight, and i'm trying to get some tattoos finished, but you put me over a little 3 story drop and i will turn into a blubbering wimp.
Magnetoe

Postby Magnetoe » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Hmm let me name a few, Planes,Tight Spaces,Heights,Falling,Rides,Failure,Letting someone be better than me,War,Dark,Spiders,Bigfoot :shock: ,Water,Mirrors,Mona Lisa Picture (It just stares at you) and im Paranoid. I got many,many MANY more.

Do i win most?
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:08 pm

StanismyMan wrote:I can't stand mirrors in the dark. I can't really stand mirrors anywhere. I hate the thought of seeing myself looking back at me, because my mind can wander off sometimes, and if I dream about anything that has to do with a mirror, I'll put a blanket over ANYTHING that shows my reflection. It freaks me out. You know WHY I'm afraid of mirrors? Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Open windows at night scare the hell out of me. I always have my curtains over my window, and I hate looking out windows. I'm always afraid something is going to be thrown at the window or something is going to come bashing through it.

OHMYGAHD I totally forgot about those!!! I can't stand open windows at night, either.. not because I think something's going to come crashing through, but because I feel like I'm being watched. Also, seeing my reflection in an open window at night really creeps me out for some reason, too. AND I CAN'T STAND MIRRORS IN DARK ROOMS, either. ><

Nor can I stand mannequins.. or puppets (ESPECIALLY VENTRILOQUIST DUMMIES AAAAAGHGGHHH).. or, really, any lifelike model of a person. I was just in an opera at my college, and when it was over, we took all our costumes and props and crap down to what's known as "the caves" -- literally a bunch of huge, underground room things where all our costumes/props/set pieces/etc are stored.

And it's dark.

And there are mannequins.

And when the people I was with started talking about them, I actually made this really loud, Butters-like scream. Not even kidding. ><

I effing hate mannequins. :tweek:
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:41 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:I can't stand open windows at night, either.. not because I think something's going to come crashing through, but because I feel like I'm being watched.

Me neither! I always keep my blinds closed because I think someone's watching me. Not so much when it's dark inside, since you can see shadows moving if there is something moving, although that scares me, too, but when there's light on the inside, but none on the outside, so you can't see anything outside; that scares the sh*t out of me. This is the same reason I can't stand going to bathrooms with showers in it at night because I always feel like someone's on the other side. Same thing for closed closets, so I always keep mine open.

EDIT: Wow, I'm such a little bitch. XP
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:27 am

I am VERY scared of heights. Just standing on a chair is enough to make me a touch uneasy. Using ladders and such are very troublesome to me, luckily I don't have to do it too often.

I also hate needles with a passion. When I had surgery a while ago, I nearly passed out when they were prepping me for the IV. After they did it I was fine. Them taking a scalpel to me didn't bother me at all, it was just getting that needle stuck in me that really freaked me out. By extension I now hate going to the doctor, thus I haven't been to one in at least 6 years.

I'm somewhat claustrophobic. I can't stand going into crowded bars where you're constantly bumping into people. I do better with it now, but sometimes it still bothers me. I've had to leave more than one place because I was starting to hyper ventilate and was on the verge of passing out.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:47 am

Huh, actually all of the above is interesting. I don't mind getting injections, because I used to get allergy shots once a week. However getting my blood drawn makes me uncomfortable. A small part of the feeling is the size of the needle, and the other is watching the vial fill up. And blood doesn't upset me, even if I'm bleeding profusely. Not that I've ever bled profusely, but I'd probably be like, "Oh f*ck, oh f*ck.. ok, tourniquet, tourniquet!" rather than being squeamish.

The mirror thing I can see, because in my bathroom there's a big mirror at a little built-in makeup counter across from the toilet, and I couldn't stand to look at myself while doing that most unholy of all bodily bathroom evils. I did however get over that one. I can also see R_C's thing about bathrooms (especially since there is a little wall that separates the toilet from the tub in mine), but that's the plus of having that big mirror where it is, and having a light both at the sink and by the tub.

The window thing doesn't get me so much. Before I had a headboard on my bed, I used to like to have the slits of my blinds pointed down so I could look out the window while laying in bed, and watch the stars, satellites, and planes. The only downside to that was blinding sunlight waking me up. Here's one thing though, I don't like opening my blinds all the way, in case anyone passing by can see in the windows and see what an ungodly mess the house is. But they probably can't see past the rusty screens and filthy windows anyway. :lol:

Here's another childhood one. I was stupifyingly scared of cacti as a kid, even the fake ones. The ones like this...
[img:81e96]http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-cactus-erectus-0jG.jpg[/img:81e96]
...I'd run screaming from the ones like this. They looked like they have arms that could reach down, grab me, stick me, and... do things to me. All though this one looks like it has no qualms about raping me. o.0 (this was the first pic I could find of that type of cactus) Of course they don't bother me now, but I don't have any like that... Well not that big anyhow. (Ha-ha!! Double Entendre!) I do have a couple of nice Beavertail type plants growing in the yard. (Ha ha-ha! Quadruple Endendre!!)
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 pm

... Geez, a lot of you people are scared of things that I love. XD I ALWAYS have my blinds open. Very, very rarely are they shut. The sun doesn't wake me up or anything. And sometimes (especially during the summer) I have my window open. I like looking out the window at night, and in the summer it usually provides me with a nice breeze or something, plus it makes it feel so nice to snuggle up under.

I'm kinda indifferent to mirros, needles, those things. But god, I love the dark and windows when it is dark. XD
Cool_Shan

Postby Cool_Shan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:44 pm

I also have a really paranoid feeling before i sleep sometimes. I sometimes think: "If i go to sleep... i might not wake up in the morning... i might die...."
Man that f*cking scares me
Big Will wrote:
Goddamn you people suck. Especially Cool_Shan
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Arachnophobia, a fear of spiders.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Cool_Shan wrote:I also have a really paranoid feeling before i sleep sometimes. I sometimes think: "If i go to sleep... i might not wake up in the morning... i might die...."
Or waking up with a penis.
hainted

Postby hainted » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:02 pm

deathandecay wrote:
Cool_Shan wrote:I also have a really paranoid feeling before i sleep sometimes. I sometimes think: "If i go to sleep... i might not wake up in the morning... i might die...."
Or waking up with a penis.

Or waking up with a penis on the pillow next to you.You know like that horse head scene from The Godfather but instead of a horse's head it's a penis?

:shock: OMG,what if it was a horse's penis?
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:02 pm

[quote="deathandecay":958e1][quote="Cool_Shan":958e1]I also have a really paranoid feeling before i sleep sometimes. I sometimes think: "If i go to sleep... i might not wake up in the morning... i might die...."
Man that f*cking scares me[/quote:958e1] Or waking up with a penis.[/quote:958e1]

Pshhh, I do that all the time.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 pm

I have one phobia. Phonecalls.
Email notifications do matter, people.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 pm

hainted wrote:
Or waking up with a penis on the pillow next to you.You know like that horse head scene from The Godfather but instead of a horse's head it's a penis?

:shock: OMG,what if it was a horse's penis?
I like my idea better.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”