Do you have a phobia?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:39 pm

Taranis_Music wrote:
deathandecay wrote:
Cool_Shan wrote:I also have a really paranoid feeling before i sleep sometimes. I sometimes think: "If i go to sleep... i might not wake up in the morning... i might die...."
Man that f*cking scares me
Or waking up with a penis.

Pshhh, I do that all the time.

It's actually quite fun. You always have a buddy for when you're bored, ya know?
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:13 am

As far as spiders: I'm certainly not a fan. I'd certainly freak out if I found one crawling on me, but I've let quite a few spiders keep their lives in my time. Oh hell, that reminds me of this one time a few years ago. I was laying in bed watching TV and on the verge of falling asleep. Suddenly when I opened my eyes for the first time in a few minutes I saw something with many legs walking across the blanket in front of my face and between the TV. I threw the covers off me and spent the next hour or so hunting around for what it was. I'm sure it was one of the centipedes that populate my parent's basement, but I never found the culprit.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:14 am

hainted wrote:
deathandecay wrote:
Cool_Shan wrote:I also have a really paranoid feeling before i sleep sometimes. I sometimes think: "If i go to sleep... i might not wake up in the morning... i might die...."

Or waking up with a penis on the pillow next to you.You know like that horse head scene from The Godfather but instead of a horse's head it's a penis?

:shock: OMG,what if it was a horse's penis?

That's so hot.
hainted

Postby hainted » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:21 am

BRMBug wrote:
hainted wrote:
deathandecay wrote:

Or waking up with a penis on the pillow next to you.You know like that horse head scene from The Godfather but instead of a horse's head it's a penis?

:shock: OMG,what if it was a horse's penis?

That's so hot.

You've just given me a whole new phobia. :shock:
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:37 am

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm arachnophobic--I'm just scared of spiders within reason. If one approaches me as I'm sitting, I'm gonna jump to my feet, but I'm not gonna run a mile away--I can actually step on the damn thing. :P
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:10 am

I love that picture. :twisted:

I'm actually okay with spiders. The way I see it, spiders eat flies, mosquitoes, and other disease-carrying pests. They're an asset to any gardener, or anyone who doesn't like being harassed by buzzing biting insects whenever they go outside.

I used to have a phobia of those harvestmen, aka daddy longlegs arachnids, solely because of the way they looked. They're not dangerous, since their jaws are too small to bite you, but when I was a kid I thought they looked disgusting. Especially when you step on them, their limbs keep twitching involuntarily. They are technically pests, since they suck on your garden plants, so I don't have any qualms about killing them.

Interestingly, even though harvestmen can cast off a limb to distract predators (which explains how their legs can continue twitching after they're dead) they can't regrow their limbs the way spiders can. If they lose them all, they're screwed. They can also very easily drown to death.

Personally, I prefer a spray bottle with a soap solution to combat garden pests. It asphyxiates them by blocking their spiracles.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:19 am

I have no problem with spiders..I kind of like them..The only spiders I am afraid of are the ones I know are very posionous..Luckily, we don't have many of those where I live. But we do have some huge spiders in our attic. They are pretty scary looking.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:44 am

That picture make the back muscles of my thighs quiver. Now there was a little spider the size of my pinky-toe nail on the dish rack earlier, and it didn't bother me. (It was almost cute.) If I had had a piece of paper handy I would have scooped it up and put it in the Ivy. But that pic up there... Nahh-h-h-h-h.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:55 am

Click.

AAAH.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Meep! :shock:

I hate anything that flies and has a stinger. :?
pull my thumb

Postby pull my thumb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:11 pm

I'll tell you one of my unusual phobias.

I hear this one character in my head from a Nickelodeon cartoon The Fairly Oddparents, and this character is bitching and crying. I've only heard it once on a certain episode and it took almost a year to get back in my head and annoy the living sh*t out of me when I was anxious about something. At first, it didn't bug me at all when heard it the very first time. It's funny, I only saw this episode and heard the noise once, yet it's like I've actually heard it like I'm hearing it over a thousand times in a row. It drives me nuts, but I usually keep my cool whenever the sound occurs in my head, or I'd just be in a bad mood for like a good ten or twenty minutes. I have been hearing this sound for three years, but for the past two years it hasn't been as horrible as the first year I've been hearing it. The medication I'm taking for other things such as depression and anxiety have really helped me get better and overcome those kinds of phobias.

The f*cking Oddparents is more like it, lol! I hate the show for that reason, and also a few other annoying characters, including Timmy Turner.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:26 pm

Jay C wrote:Click.

AAAH.

I swear when I was five, I saw an ant that size crawling across a cattle grate at my Uncle's house in Sherman.
Last edited by BRMBug on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:37 pm

[quote="Jay C":1e126][url=http://www.vespa-crabro.de/vespa-mandarinia.htm:1e126]Click.[/url:1e126]

AAAH.[/quote:1e126]

That's a bigass hornet!
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 pm

pull my thumb wrote:I hate the show for that reason, and also a few other annoying characters, including Timmy Turner.

Click.

:P

I don't get people's fear of spiders [Although I can't say much, regarding my fears. :B]. My cousin is absolutely terrified of them, so I like picking them up and throwing them at her. XD
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:16 pm

Here's a very irrational phobia of mine, yet probably the one I face most of the time: a dog licking itself. You see one time, my grandma left on a trip while leaving my family to take care of our cursed dog, a Westie named Topper. As grandma was techincally Topper's master/owner, it freaked out when its momma left. So it started to freak out and proceeded to lick the carpet without ever stoping, not even after it was coughing due to the stuff it was licking. As my old folks couldn't get Topper to stop, all we could do was place newspaper so it would lick that instead of the floor.

That might have been one of the weirdest episodes of my life, and I am still disturbed by it. I can't help myself but to make Topper stop licking his paws anytime I see him do it, and it's smart enough now to not show his tongue whenever I or my mom (who detests the dog the most in our family). While you may think I'm just paranoid, that dog STILL licks furniture he layss on and his momma's bed from time to time. A more disturbing sight than someone puking indeed, I just can't stand Topper's licking.....! :stanpuke:

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”