Do you have a phobia?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:00 pm

BRMBug wrote:Me. Especially if they're hairy.

:lol: Are you scared of European hippies as well?
Email notifications do matter, people.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Waaaaaaasps. And hornets, yellow jackets, and other non-bee insects that fly around and sting people. Even the thought of them makes me shudder.

In fact, I have a couple of wasp stories for you. When I was thirteen, a bunch of hornets had built a huge nest in our attic (keep in mind that I used to live in an old farmhouse) and they were crawling inside our walls and even through the heating vents. Once when I was taking a bath, a hornet crawled through the bathroom heating vents and started flying around the room, and I was so scared I literally just grabbed a towel and ran out of the room. My dad, getting tired of walking into every room and finding a hornet buzzing around, took a vaccuum cleaner and sucked them all out of the attic. We had to have the house fumigated and everything. D:

And then when we did the fall play my sophomore year of high school, a bunch of wasps decided to build nests in the auditorium, since our high school was relatively new and the auditorium hadn't gotten a roof until the year before. So there were wasps buzzing all over the place, three people got stung, and dead wasps littered the floor. Now my friend Kyle and I were deathly afraid of them, so my other friend Tom thought it would be a fun joke to put dead wasps on our shoulders. You do not want to know our reactions then. XD
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:05 pm

Athena1999 wrote:Waaaaaaasps. And hornets, yellow jackets, and other non-bee insects that fly around and sting people. Even the thought of them makes me shudder.

In fact, I have a couple of wasp stories for you. When I was thirteen, a bunch of hornets had built a huge nest in our attic (keep in mind that I used to live in an old farmhouse) and they were crawling inside our walls and even through the heating vents. Once when I was taking a bath, a hornet crawled through the bathroom heating vents and started flying around the room, and I was so scared I literally just grabbed a towel and ran out of the room. My dad, getting tired of walking into every room and finding a hornet buzzing around, took a vaccuum cleaner and sucked them all out of the attic. We had to have the house fumigated and everything. D:

And then when we did the fall play my sophomore year of high school, a bunch of wasps decided to build nests in the auditorium, since our high school was relatively new and the auditorium hadn't gotten a roof until the year before. So there were wasps buzzing all over the place, three people got stung, and dead wasps littered the floor. Now my friend Kyle and I were deathly afraid of them, so my other friend Tom thought it would be a fun joke to put dead wasps on our shoulders. You do not want to know our reactions then. XD

When I was four, we had a massive wasp nest at the bottom of our garden and I was bored so I started to hit it with a stick. I guess I deserved this but, they all came out (gay wasps) and one flew straight at my right eye and stung me on my eyeball.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 pm

This is probably going to sound daft......but I have a major phobia and fear of trucks and large vehicles like that. I don't mind moving past it whilst it's not moving but when I'm in a car and I pass it or it passes me, I just get so afraid that it's not gunna see me and just barge straight into me and the vehicle too just to get into the same lane as me.
But what's worse which annoys me, is that my dad knows about my fear and yet everytime we come up to a truck or such, he slows down when we get parallel so we're driving beside it and I get fearful yet angry at my dad for doing it.

I had a nasty incident back when I was about 5 or 6 when a truck knocked into the car I was in and we slid across a couple of lanes on the motorway - thank God the accident was nothing severe, but that's what caused my fear in the first place.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:When I was four, we had a massive wasp nest at the bottom of our garden and I was bored so I started to hit it with a stick. I guess I deserved this but, they all came out (gay wasps) and one flew straight at my right eye and stung me on my eyeball.

OUCH! I hope you can still see out of it.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Athena1999 wrote:
albino.black.sheep wrote:When I was four, we had a massive wasp nest at the bottom of our garden and I was bored so I started to hit it with a stick. I guess I deserved this but, they all came out (gay wasps) and one flew straight at my right eye and stung me on my eyeball.

Indeed I can. It stung me on the white of my eye but I have a lovely little red scar, which everyone can see when I look diagonally up to the left.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:26 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:
Indeed I can. It stung me on the white of my eye but I have a lovely little red scar, which everyone can see when I look diagonally up to the left.

Whoa, that's cool!

It's like a tattoo...

In your eye!
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 pm

deathandecay wrote:

Whoa, that's cool!

It's like a tattoo...

In your eye!

LOL I like it! And you know something, despite the arse-first dive bomb at my eye, I'm not scared of wasps.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:05 am

Athena1999 wrote:

:stanpuke: :parishilton:
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:14 am

BRMBug wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:

:stanpuke: :parishilton:

*does the gay "humble" politician rotate from the hips with one hand up as a patronising wave thing* Thank you, thank you. :cartmanlaugh:

EDIT: anyone wanna see it?
Last edited by albino.black.sheep on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:21 am

The best thing about phobias? The rush of confidence you get when you can overcome them.

I would've never dove right into ocean waters without a life jacket because I figured I just wouldn't handle myself very well. Not the case anymore. So long as I don't think I'll drown, I won't panic and I have better resiliency towards cold water now so no problem.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:38 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:EDIT: anyone wanna see it?

Yes. And the :stanpuke: was for the idea of a bug on someone's eye, and the :parishilton: was for the idea of getting stung.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:12 am

It ain't so good, cos I took the picture on my phone, but it is there in the circle.

Apologies to those with eyeball phobias.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:51 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:It ain't so good, cos I took the picture on my phone, but it is there in the circle.

Whoa! I want one now!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:57 am

What, a camera phone, or a scar on your eyeball?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”