Spiderman 3

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

The Valentine Bros.

Postby The Valentine Bros. » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:42 pm

I might see Spiderman 3.
Cartman respects the Cheese's Autoritah! http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/4/5/ ... ad8844.wav
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:53 pm

I wanna see it at the Imax hopefully. They are finishing building one at a moive theatre close to me.
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Fri May 04, 2007 7:53 pm

Oh my god.....after seeing this movie, i can now officially say that Sam raimi has never read a single spiderman comic.

I was pretty dissapointed. I laughed throughout almost half the entire film, especially "emo" spiderman and...*sigh* venom.
I dont want to spoil anything for those who havent seen it, so heres what i thought.

The good:

Sandman was by far AWESOME, i really liked his character but it would have been nice to see a bit more of him.

Bruce campbells character was hilarious!

Ok, now the BAD:

Is it me or is eddie brock supposed to be a big tough jock who isnt afraid to kick peter parkers ass? Making him a scrawny little pussy was like making kingpin african american.

Whats with the costume design? New goblin looked like some character from a futuristic extreme sports game coming soon for playstation 3. And i could REALLY tell the difference between spiderman and symbiote spiderman! Wow!

If you dont like crying, dont watch this. It has more crying scenes than titanic.

Venom. Ah yes, venom. If you're a fan of venom, you'll be dissapointed. If you never heard of venom before, you'll probably like him. All i have to say is, and i repeat: Sam raimi has never read a spiderman comic. It feels like venom was just rushed into this movie as a last minute villain... Again, i'd love to go into detailed rants, but i dont want to spoil anything.

Spiderman's "emo" scenes. Again, if you want a good laugh, see this movie. I wasnt sure if they made this part of the movie so f*cking campy on purpose or what.

So all in all, if you're a fan, you'll probably be dissapointed. I was. Sam Raimi really X-men'd this.....Now please exuse me while i watch batman begins to wash all this off.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Fri May 04, 2007 9:43 pm

I watched DVD rentals the first two Spiderman movies, and I never cared much for them. Spiderman in the movies always seemed like such a pussy, and I find it odd how Mary Jane suffers no tramua from all that s*ht she endures.

Well to be honest I never cared for superheros at all. I always prefered the Common Man(TM) fighting with either blades or firearms. :P

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:45 pm

I was planning on seeing this movie with my friend tonight, but when I checked the showtimes online, it turned out that each one was completely sold out. I didn't think it would sell out that quickly, despite the fact that it is opening day. I mean, I know Spiderman is popular and all, but I didn't think it was that popular.

Ah well. Hopefully we'll get to see it next Friday.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Fri May 04, 2007 11:55 pm

deathandecay wrote:Oh my god.....after seeing this movie, i can now officially say that Sam raimi has never read a single spiderman comic.

I was pretty dissapointed. I laughed throughout almost half the entire film, especially "emo" spiderman and...*sigh* venom.
I dont want to spoil anything for those who havent seen it, so heres what i thought.

The good:

Sandman was by far AWESOME, i really liked his character but it would have been nice to see a bit more of him.

Bruce campbells character was hilarious!

Ok, now the BAD:

Is it me or is eddie brock supposed to be a big tough jock who isnt afraid to kick peter parkers ass? Making him a scrawny little pussy was like making kingpin african american.

Whats with the costume design? New goblin looked like some character from a futuristic extreme sports game coming soon for playstation 3. And i could REALLY tell the difference between spiderman and symbiote spiderman! Wow!

If you dont like crying, dont watch this. It has more crying scenes than titanic.

Venom. Ah yes, venom. If you're a fan of venom, you'll be dissapointed. If you never heard of venom before, you'll probably like him. All i have to say is, and i repeat: Sam raimi has never read a spiderman comic. It feels like venom was just rushed into this movie as a last minute villain... Again, i'd love to go into detailed rants, but i dont want to spoil anything.

Spiderman's "emo" scenes. Again, if you want a good laugh, see this movie. I wasnt sure if they made this part of the movie so f*cking campy on purpose or what.

So all in all, if you're a fan, you'll probably be dissapointed. I was. Sam Raimi really X-men'd this.....Now please exuse me while i watch batman begins to wash all this off.

Better or worse than Spiderman 2. I thought SPiderman 2 was bad. I liked the first one though.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat May 05, 2007 5:47 am

Taranis_Music wrote:
Better or worse than Spiderman 2. I thought SPiderman 2 was bad. I liked the first one though.

This was worse than 2, in my opinion. Like i said, the symbiote spiderman/emo parker scenes were hillarious and ridiculous(Skit skat music!) and venom was...well, you'll see.

All 3 spiderman movies had their flaws. 1 was pretty good, but some things coule have been so much better(such as robo goblin). 2 was good, but there were a lot of screaming ladies that made it look like some campy horror movie. And 3 was bad, very rushed, and very unfaithful to the comics, as well as cheesy. Oh, and did i mention about the crying?

here's a quote i read about venom/symbiote:

sam: "sh*t, guys, the producers want venom in this movie."
writers: "we've got sandmam and goblin 2, isn't that enough?"
sam: "that's what i said, but apparently the fanboys love venom."
writers: "well, we can't do all that secret wars stuff, obviously, what should we do?"
sam: "i dunno, just get him there somehow."
writers: "i know, we'll just have him fall from the sky."
sam: "done!"

SPOILER
Venom's voice is tophers voice. And theres no tongue. And he roars like a raptor. And he's on screen for 15 minutes
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Sat May 05, 2007 6:35 pm

$57,274,000 in the first day. that's just Friday. that is insane!? Yeah it's seems alot people think this is the worst one yet. It's making a assload of money. I'm sure Venom has something to do with that.They are going to end up bringing him back so they can make even more.Gee maybe the shouldn't have killed him off. And had him for only 20mins. But check this out. Read the last part of this link
http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html <--Linkage
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat May 05, 2007 9:01 pm

Clyde Donovan wrote:$57,274,000 in the first day. that's just Friday. that is insane!? Yeah it's seems alot people think this is the worst one yet. It's making a assload of money. I'm sure Venom has something to do with that.They are going to end up bringing him back so they can make even more.Gee maybe the shouldn't have killed him off. And had him for only 20mins. But check this out. Read the last part of this link

I think they're talking about Harry, not eddie. We see eddie's bones in that explosion :p. Plus, venoms other weakness is fire, so added to seeing eddies bones, its pretty logical that venom in fact did die. And we didn't see who's funeral that was(or did we), anyways.

But if they do return venom, i wont be excited. Honestly, this movie was sh*t.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun May 06, 2007 1:33 am

Plus, venoms other weakness is fire, so added to seeing eddies bones, its pretty logical that venom in fact did die.

*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*

I know this is a fairly rhetorical statement, but that's not what happened in the comic books! (Then again, Dr. Octopus wasn't supposed to die either.) What, are they deliberately trying to cut themselves off from ever having to do the Carnage storyline by eliminating Venom?

I think that if I'm ever going to see this movie, I ought to download it illegally. They'd deserve it. :evil:
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:30 am

*sigh*
just got back from the theater

movie was funny when it was trying to be....
and, unfortunately when it wasn't

too many f*cking little crying scenes :roll:

blatant overreaction by eddy brock
he was such a douche

harry osborn, XD who didn't see that coming :roll:

best scene by far: first goblin fight, it was incredible
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Sun May 06, 2007 4:50 am

I actually liked it. It wasn't as good as the hype, but overall, eh, okay. And oh my god, emo Parker! HOTTTT. Sorry, I've got a thing for emo guys. Hee hee!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
pull my thumb

Postby pull my thumb » Sun May 06, 2007 4:57 pm

I saw Spidey 3 yesterday and it was awesome, despite a few silly things.

There was enough action and conflicts, even more than Spidey 2.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Sun May 06, 2007 5:56 pm

Spiderman 3 is number one on my list of movies to see. don't tell me any spoilers yet guys. =P
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Mon May 07, 2007 7:25 am

deathandecay wrote:
Clyde Donovan wrote:$57,274,000 in the first day. that's just Friday. that is insane!? Yeah it's seems alot people think this is the worst one yet. It's making a assload of money. I'm sure Venom has something to do with that.They are going to end up bringing him back so they can make even more.Gee maybe the shouldn't have killed him off. And had him for only 20mins. But check this out. Read the last part of this link

I think they're talking about Harry, not eddie. We see eddie's bones in that explosion :p. Plus, venoms other weakness is fire, so added to seeing eddies bones, its pretty logical that venom in fact did die. And we didn't see who's funeral that was(or did we), anyways.

But if they do return venom, i wont be excited. Honestly, this movie was sh*t.

It was Harry's Funeral. I think that was made very clear with the Butler crying.MJ and Aunt May were Crying at Eddie Brock's funeral? I don't think so man.
Last edited by Clyde Donovan on Mon May 07, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”