I hate Howard Stern...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:45 am

Big-Will wrote:And that's why I use FireFox and its Adblock extension. .

Well this is too bad, it's not working for me. I'm right clicking but it gives me the options to zoom in/out, quality, about flash player, but no adblock. Hm..
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:55 am

Install it, then block the doubleclick stuff.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:55 am

Big-Will wrote:But it hasn't sped up the load time any. This is the slowest-loading board I have ever visited.

Does it seem like it's been slower than usual in the past few weeks? I thought it was just my computer, but it did it with another machine too. I have to constantly wait for an entered reply to go through, and then I refresh (after about 5 minutes) and I wind up making a double post.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:59 am

Yes, it's been as slow as you've experienced. :(
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:03 pm

Well, two of these annoying "Howard Stern" ads have been going on for days! When will it end? May 1?! :x
Still the same as it ever was.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:31 pm

deathandecay wrote:
Big-Will wrote:And that's why I use FireFox and its Adblock extension. .

Well this is too bad, it's not working for me. I'm right clicking but it gives me the options to zoom in/out, quality, about flash player, but no adblock. Hm..

For this site, I'd also recommend the flashblock extension. Since most of those animated ads are flash objects, flashblock will surpress most of the ads without you doing anything. It still allows you the option of clicking on the frame to let that flash object through. I can't imagine surfing the net without Firefox + Adblock + Flashblock.

You read it! You can't unread it!
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:19 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
For this site, I'd also recommend the flashblock extension. Since most of those animated ads are flash objects, flashblock will surpress most of the ads without you doing anything. It still allows you the option of clicking on the frame to let that flash object through. I can't imagine surfing the net without Firefox + Adblock + Flashblock.
I'll use that. As adblock doesnt seem to work for sh*t on that thing. I click on it and hit 'adblock' on the bottom corner of the new page, but it gives me like 7 links and i don't know where to go from there. I click on one of the links and the entire page disapears, but then i re-click the link and the page shows up again as if i never blocked it.

Flashblock works! yay! Now i just...have to click on the top corner menu to see it...
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:53 pm

And looking through the eyes of a troop, do you think this is the kind of freedom and first amendment usage they intended to fight for?

I agree. I remember being in the middle of an interrogation, and felt like it would be better to ask why the detainee had such an urge to attack the US. He asked me (in Arabic) a different question.

Do you think you are fighting for the most logically ethical society on the planet? That it is something worth fighting for?

I let the question sink in for a moment, and then tried to come up with an answer.

I didn't know what to say (partly because there was a slight language barrier :roll: ), but I have to admit, the guy had a pretty good point. :?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:43 pm

HellStrykeXL wrote:
Do you think you are fighting for the most logically ethical society on the planet? That it is something worth fighting for?

One this is for sure; a society with Howard in it is a much more logically ethical society than a Muslim theocracy that mandates cutting off the hands of thieves and stoning women who have uncovered faces. I've yet to see anything better than what a Western society provides, have you? :shock:

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:53 am

I would also recommend an anti-spyware program like Spybot that allows you to block known bad products that have been found on your system. When that ad.doubleclick crap loads, it actually puts spyware on your computer. While I doubt it's harmful, or necessarily the fault of SPS, it's not something I want either.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:50 am

Big-Will wrote:Yes, it's been as slow as you've experienced. :(

I keep hoping that it's because important updating/upgrading is going on, and that we'll have a new version soon.

Personally, I don't mind the current ads, but it's the pop-ups that annoyed me, so I just blocked those.

Random Fact: Every time I see this thread I imagine Cartman singing it "blues style" with his harmonica.
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:45 pm

O'Brien wrote:One this is for sure; a society with Howard in it is a much more logically ethical society than a Muslim theocracy that mandates cutting off the hands of thieves and stoning women who have uncovered faces. I've yet to see anything better than what a Western society provides, have you? :shock:

No kidding. I can't believe they view theft as worse than murder. I read much of the Quran because I figured it would be beneficial in the long run (don't ask why). They actually have beliefs, that aren't too hard to understand.

If you make an extremist interpretation of what it says, then it won't be that hard to blow yourself up in the name of Allah. :?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:48 pm

Hence why everyone should just listen to the Holy Marsh. :wink:

Anywho, I care not for Stern. I don't listen to him, I didn't watch him, and the only time he has ever affected my life is when that damned ad tried to eat the librray computer.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Hence why everyone should just listen to the Holy Marsh. :wink:

Rubbish, only the Class President, Wendy Testaburger has legitimate authority. Betray President Testaburger to support a false idol, and you'll be a traitor to everything the class stands for! :lol:

Well..... the Howard ads seem to have gone away now for the time being. We finally have ad diversity again! :P

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue May 01, 2007 12:32 am

O'Brien wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Hence why everyone should just listen to the Holy Marsh. :wink:

Rubbish, only the Class President, Wendy Testaburger has legitimate authority. Betray President Testaburger to support a false idol, and you'll be a traitor to everything the class stands for! :lol:

Well..... the Howard ads seem to have gone away now for the time being. We finally have ad diversity again! :P

I will not follow the False Leader, the Arch-Bitch, the Femme Traitor.

Whether or not her authority is legitimate or not doesn't matter, as the One True Light, the Marsh, the Arch-Prince, The Sword and Shield, will triumph.

Now we have a boost premium prepaid ad. Grand.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”