Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Baathville728

Postby Baathville728 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:15 pm

the first two hours of the movie were very pointless.... but I liked how everything turned out in the end. I like how Beckett died honorably as the captain of his ship(i thought he would have jumped off or something cowardly) and I liked that Will replaced Davy Jones after Davy Jones killed him. But the Calypso-Davy Jones thing was left unsettled and again, it took too long to get to the end.
Delition

Postby Delition » Sun May 27, 2007 5:30 pm

I thought it was better than the first two, but that's like saying you prefer one eye to be plucked out than the other. I didn't care for any of the movies in the trilogy.

Why haven't any good movies arrived since "Grindhouse"?
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Delition wrote:I thought it was better than the first two, but that's like saying you prefer one eye to be plucked out than the other. I didn't care for any of the movies in the trilogy.

Why haven't any good movies arrived since "Grindhouse"?

Oh I guess you haven't seen HOT FUZZ yet!
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Mon May 28, 2007 4:23 am

I went through hell this past year absorbing all the spoilers a hardcore fan can possibly get. I even found an early draft of the script for god's sake. I can explain how badly I wanted to see this movie. I loved it before even seeing it. When the title came onto the screen, I cheered. People were pissed, but they don't understand what I did to prepare myself for that moment.

That being said, I'm not sure if I liked it or not. There were many wonderful things about this movie. But one thing that sticks out more than anything else is the tragic and pointless fate of James Norrington. *after three minutes on screen* HEY I MANAGED TO REGAIN MY STATUS NOW RUN ELIZABETH *dies* WTF! Poor Norrie. There is no doubt in my mind that that left many a fangirl with a broken heart, never to be mended. Mine included.

The CGI was outstanding. I really liked how we got to see Davy Jones' human features. Oh, and the part where Jack is locked in the brig and his personalities are everywhere again, one being a member of the Dutchman crew. Fabulous. The effects alone deserve an applause.

I really disliked Will and Elizabeth. All they did was keep secrets from each other, and when they were confronted, Elizabeth would run away. I understand it was all for the plot, but it was annoying. >>; I was a big Norrie/Elizabeth fan myself, but since he was randomly cut out of the movie, that will never happen. You know what else bothers me about that? He was never mentioned again for the rest of the film. At least Elizabeth was upset, I guess....

The ending was rushed, but I liked how unpredictable it was. I don't think anyone was expecting that to happen at all. o_O

I hope they don't make a fourth one. I don't want to see a Pirates of the Caribbean without Norrington. And bad guys, for that matter, since they killed them all. :P
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Mon May 28, 2007 4:59 am

I understand why you feel that way as a hardcore fan. But you know how studios are. If they can make a few million bucks ruining a great thing, they will.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 28, 2007 10:47 am

No_substitute_for_you wrote:The CGI was outstanding. I really liked how we got to see Davy Jones' human features. Oh, and the part where Jack is locked in the brig and his personalities are everywhere again, one being a member of the Dutchman crew. Fabulous. The effects alone deserve an applause.

True. "Wait! Nobody move... ...I've lost my brain."
I especially liked the rock/crabs/pearl scene.
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:34 am

I've just returned from watching it. It wasn't like the first two though. The plot was hella confusing. The Tia-Dalma-is-a-friggin'-giany-calypso! thing didn't make that much sense. It just made a big-ass whirlpool that killed 75% of the cast. The effects made me sh*t my pants. Beckett just downright pissed me off, even though I like the way he died along with the ship and flying limbs. And, my God, Norrington must still be alive! I mean, he died on the Dutchman, so he's probably just one of the freaky fish guys who suddenly turn back to human.

That's enough of my bitching. The plot was too hard to follow, so we had an hour long discussion in the car trying to sort it all out.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:56 pm

So let me get this straight. They set it up for a fourth film, but it might not happen.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:56 pm

nah, i heard a fourth film was confirmed, someone check though
Baathville728

Postby Baathville728 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:31 am

ideas for the next movie... this is a message i sent No_substitute_for_you...so i'm kinda talking to her

like that idea very much, the Calypso-Davy Jones reunion that is. I also was thinking today of another possibility that they could do for this too. What if Calypso does do what u said and yet they are still looking for revenge against Will/Elizabeth/Jack/Barbossa, I think Commodore Norrington could be at the top of the list looking for revenge for Will taking his love. I think it would be very cool for him to become bad, but then in the end, he would have to become good again, some way or another, so that he could make Elizabeth happy because he loves her that much.

I picture him with a sword to the heart of Will, after cleverly stealing it from Liz, and then having a very large dilemma, and choosing tearfully not to take Will's spot, and to be put back into Davy Jones, Well Will Turner's Locker :-p. To me that sounds pretty cool for a basic idea.

That way, you're not inventing some new sea monster or bringing something irrelevant in like Poseidon. It would be another corner in the love triangle, making it a square with Jack, Will, Liz, and of course, Commodore.

What do you think?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:30 am

Will's son will avenge him.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:40 pm

I liked it. Just because you might actually need to think about the plot between fight scenes doesn't make it a poor movie.

What I didn't like was the Will and Elizabeth ending. Will gets to go off to have piratey adventures for eternity while Elizabeth is stuck on land for the rest of her life taking care of William Turner III with only one visit from her husband every ten years? She should have joined his crew so that they could go on adventures together, though they would turn to fish people.

The conclusion involving Jack, however, was wonderful. As was much of the rest of the movie.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:39 am

My favorite part was when Jack stuck two fingers in his mouth and tried to say, "I was born on a pirate ship!"

...Sorry, couldn't resist.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:53 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:My favorite part was when Jack stuck two fingers in his mouth and tried to say, "I was born on a pirate ship!"

...Sorry, couldn't resist.

yea, i bet that turned you one, didn't it?
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Once again a fairly simple joke goes right over this retard's head. No surprises there.

PLK, you're the biggest waste of space around, and nobody gives a sh*t what you have to say. If you were to disappear or turn up dead, I would not care, and I don't think anyone else would either. Go stick your head in a wood chipper.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”