Rap---your thoughts

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Cool_Shan

Postby Cool_Shan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:07 pm

I hate the modern sh*tty Rap about shooting and killing each other.
I like rap when mixed with other genres of music. I loved old rap.
My favorite song with rap in it is I Play Chicken with the train. It's a mixture of Rap and Country. It kicks soo much ass!
Big Will wrote:
Goddamn you people suck. Especially Cool_Shan
Grimm Dreadly

-> Rap---your thoughts

Postby Grimm Dreadly » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:43 pm

yeah, most mainstream rap sucks ass. it's all made up bullsh*t. one rapper even said why do 98% of rappers lie in their rhymes. personally i like political underground rap, by artists such as mos def, talib kweli, la coca nostra, wyclef jean, non phixion, phunk junkees, and kottonmouth kingz, just to name a few. i also like it when genres mix such as public enemy and anthrax or korn and nas. or the song nappy roots did with marcos from POD.
Teh_Sex0r

Postby Teh_Sex0r » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 am

Yo yo nigga yo yo nigga yo.
I'm drivin' in my caddie,
because I'm yo daddy.
Lookin for some poon
OMFG a spoon!
Chillin' with my homies,
selling lots of crack.
Runnin' from the poh-lice
because I'm gangsta like dat!

RAP SUCKS!!
TITS!!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:44 am

Teh_Sex0r wrote:Yo yo nigga yo yo nigga yo.

Teh_Sex0r

Postby Teh_Sex0r » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 am

swellman7 wrote:

Ha ha ha. You are now officially cool.
TITS!!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:11 am

I seriously wanted to go to the back of a bus one day to ask some guy who decided to start rapping to STFU. All this gangsta stuff and F-this, N-that...IRRITATING AS HELL!! Want poetry in your lyrics? Get a thesaurus!

The worst rap line I ever heard was on an ep of Chappelle:

"So I had to DID/what I had to DID..."

:roll:

As you can tell, I'm not into that stuff either, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the likes of Will Smith, Beastie Boys or something fun like that.
Grimm Dreadly

Rap---your thoughts

Postby Grimm Dreadly » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:57 am

hey at least you're not the black guy who listens to metal and hardcore. i'll pull up next to someone at a red light and i'll have something like in flames, or cattle decapitation, or kittie, or scars of tomorrow playing and the people in the cars next to me will look at me in shock because a black kid is listening to something that isn't "lean wit it, rock wit it" or "dis is why i'm hot". but i prefer sommething that shows some talent and sends a message. or gives me something to think about. all mainstream rap is is someone reading a poem about how much better they are than everyone else because they do certain things that quite frankly, they shouldn't be proud of.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:19 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:I seriously wanted to go to the back of a bus one day to ask some guy who decided to start rapping to STFU. All this gangsta stuff and F-this, N-that...IRRITATING AS HELL!! Want poetry in your lyrics? Get a thesaurus!

The worst rap line I ever heard was on an ep of Chappelle:

"So I had to DID/what I had to DID..."

:roll:

As you can tell, I'm not into that stuff either, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the likes of Will Smith, Beastie Boys or something fun like that.

Yep, I totally agree. I'm not into rap that cusses a lot, but some rappers don't swear, like, for example, Will Smith or Ma$e (in his solo album called Welcome Back or something.
Still the same as it ever was.
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Old school rap is much cooler.

I agree. When it became all about drive by's, and slapping one's hookers, it really took a turn for the worse.

But could we all just imagine what a group of white supremacists would've been thinking a few decades back?

We need a way to discredit minorities.

True, something that will degrade the image of blacks forever, or at least for a while.

What if we could find something that would cause blacks to use the N-ward on themselves?

That would be excellent (evil laugh).

We need this to become quite popular too.

I think I have a solution:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Biggie_and_Tupac_still.jpg

See what I mean? This has become a Klansman's dream. Now whenever an officer looks at a group of inner city black kids, he can't help but look back at some bone thugs video he saw on BET. I think many minorities look at all this and think to themselves:

This is not who we are.

One good quote that always comes to mind with subjects like this would be this one:

We didn't go through the civil rights movement to become thugs and hoodlums.

-Al Sharpton

Despite the issues with rap today, I do feel that there is some decency with this art form in this century.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Snoop_Dogg_Hawaii.jpg

Beastie Boys anybody?

Count me in!
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Cool_Shan wrote:I hate the modern sh*tty Rap about shooting and killing each other.

I too Shan can't stand this Shooting each other or i have a better car than you bullshr!t. I like some Rap mostly Old school. Like RunDmc EPMD. The only new stuff I like Is MF Doom. I'm more into industrial music.And even there I'm still stuck in the 90s! I kind live in time vacuum when comes to music!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:18 am

"Guns, bitches, and bling are not a part of the four elements." - ...I forget who said that.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:38 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:but some rappers don't swear, like, for example, Will Smith

"Will Smith doesn't have to cuss in his raps to sell records,
But I do, so f*ck him and f*ck you too."
-Eminem

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Grimm Dreadly

Rap---your thoughts

Postby Grimm Dreadly » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:50 pm

being a minority, and having grown up in the inner city, i do look at most rap as just an overexaggerated view of certain areas. and it's not who i am. i'm more able to relate to agnostic front, sick of it all, and madball, than 50 cent or any other wannabe gangsta rapper.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:04 pm

FreedomFighterXL wrote:
-Al Sharpton

Despite the issues with rap today, I do feel that there is some decency with this art form in this century.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Snoop_Dogg_Hawaii.jpg

f*ck al sharpton. He's a f*cking radical who can't speak proper english. Don't know why anyone gives him any respect. I'd like to see if this "reverend" has every read a single verse in the bible

despite what you may think, rap has almost always been about killing people, selling drugs and selling women. Just take it for what it is

swellman7 wrote:

if the a word is supposed to be a horrible racist term, you would think that at the least it would be taken out of the everyday vocab of people it's intended to offend...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”