Do you believe in God?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:54 pm

plk12345 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:A proud and happy Catholic; the person who said most wars were caused by religion needs to actually examine the history of the freakin' planet. The majority of wars in which religion is believed to have been the 'main' factor were really driven by other factors, religion used as a unifying principle in order to rally support. If not religion, other things would have been used. In further discourse, distinguish between wars that are actually caused by religion and ones in which religion was invoked.

absolutely correct, even though from what i know, the position you take on various political issues are contrary to your gods teaching, especially if you are a roman catholic

the crusades is a perfect example of the kind of war you spoke of

Sadly, the bible has been rewritten and changed over the years so many times so as to take your political and social policy from them is folly. Instead, I take the teachings(Basically can be boiled down to this: Be nice.) and work with them.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:55 pm

O'Brien wrote:Until concrete proof exists that there really is a one true faith above all other organized religions, I have no reason why I should ever follow any religious group. As for personal beliefs, I view them as junk conjured up in one's head for various reasons, like to comfort one's mind over some fear or to even amuse.

in my opinion, you are completely looking at this subject the wrong way if you want "concrete proof. Yes, faith can be founded in reason. Some religions are supported more by archeology and history than others. You really cannot approach these matters with modern rational thinking alone, thought your faith may very well be founded in reason.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:01 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
plk12345 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:A proud and happy Catholic; the person who said most wars were caused by religion needs to actually examine the history of the freakin' planet. The majority of wars in which religion is believed to have been the 'main' factor were really driven by other factors, religion used as a unifying principle in order to rally support. If not religion, other things would have been used. In further discourse, distinguish between wars that are actually caused by religion and ones in which religion was invoked.

absolutely correct, even though from what i know, the position you take on various political issues are contrary to your gods teaching, especially if you are a roman catholic

the crusades is a perfect example of the kind of war you spoke of

Sadly, the bible has been rewritten and changed over the years so many times so as to take your political and social policy from them is folly. Instead, I take the teachings(Basically can be boiled down to this: Be nice.) and work with them.

almost a laughable response, but i will stay respectful. We know beyond all shadow of a doubt the gospels, most of the new testament, and most of the old testament have been preserved accurately. We have hundreds of copies of the gospels in ancient greek from the early christian church. Each of them harmonize, with small grammar problems (which is inevitable if you look at the greek language). Now, English translations have been subject to minor change by the agenda of the person writing it, but each change is trivial. I have not heard an argument that the old testament has been changed over time.

I have a personal question for you. What, exactly, do you base your faith on if you deny the law? Clearly, without the law of moses, the whole christian religion would fall apart?
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:07 am

Your god sends people to hell for jerking off. Your god is a dick.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:11 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Your god sends people to hell for jerking off. Your god is a dick.

glad to see you could join, douche, do you have anything useful to say or are you going to keep vomiting out false claims like this one?
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 am

I knew there was gonna be some arguing here :P

Yes, I believe in a creator.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:33 am

deathandecay wrote:I knew there was gonna be some arguing here :P

Yes, I believe in a creator.

no, my idea was rational [NOTE: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL "DIALOGUE"]. People presenting their cases in a structured way, until he came. If he wants to lend some worthwhile arguments or opinions to this discussion, he can. What he can't do is keep saying random retarded false statements to ruin this.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 am

I'm Christian (no matter what plk45435783487 says) and I believe in God.

That said, beware the heavens.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 am

Nommel wrote:I'm Christian (no matter what plk45435783487 says) and I believe in God.

huh, i guess your belief is that we are free to abandon the law because we are saved, is that correct?

this is the only rational conclusion i can come to right now
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:39 am

plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:I'm Christian (no matter what plk45435783487 says) and I believe in God.

huh, i guess your belief is that we are free to abandon the law because we are saved, is that correct?

Well you're the one who keeps ranting about how Christians are better than everyone else.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:44 am

PenisLickingKlansman12345 can't be reasoned with, is impervious to facts, evidence, and logic, and is probably sucking off his bf right now as he's typing up his angry response. Therefore I am through trying to formally debate him.

Besides, I know it's okay to eat babies because it said so in "A Modest Proposal" and who are you to say that Johnathan Swift is not God?
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 am

Nommel wrote:
plk12345 wrote:

Well you're the one who keeps ranting about how Christians are better than everyone else.

right, right, right,

....when have i said this, and even if i did, how would it be relevant? What does it have to do with anything?! What is your belief about the law? That is all im asking, I'm not being provocative, im actually interested in seeing your view.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 am

I think he's just very, very good at being very, very dumb. EX: the fact that nearly everything he says contradicts what he said before it.

Ex: He says that Christians are so much better and more moral, and yet he criticizes me for being openly Christian.

How pathetically stupid can one person be?
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:51 am

Nommel wrote:I think he's just very, very good at being very, very dumb. EX: the fact that nearly everything he says contradicts what he said before it.

Ex: He says that Christians are so much better and more moral, and yet he criticizes me for being openly Christian.

How pathetically stupid can one person be?

Welcome to the BBS :D
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:52 am

plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:
plk12345 wrote:

right, right, right,

....when have i said this, and even if i did, how would it be relevant? What does it have to do with anything?! What is your belief about the law? That is all im asking, I'm not being provocative, im actually interested in seeing your view.

Think think...

Just about every post you make, really.

Like the fact that you rant about how Christians are portrayed as bigots, then act like a bigot, then criticize people for doing the same thing, then turn around and use them to support you.

You are what's known as a FUNDIE: f*cking Unintelligent Numbskull Debate Initiating Extremist.
Last edited by Nommel on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”