Do you believe in God?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:52 am

Nommel wrote:I think he's just very, very good at being very, very dumb. EX: the fact that nearly everything he says contradicts what he said before it.

Ex: He says that Christians are so much better and more moral, and yet he criticizes me for being openly Christian.

How pathetically stupid can one person be?

uh huh, both of which are false. I never implied any christian supremacy. You don't know what you believe, so you start with this bullsh*t.

kyle the skeptic has no idea what he is talking about, and probably can't lend any worthwhile opinions to this, so he creates his bullsh*t excuse and leaves, goodbye
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:54 am

plk12345 wrote:Some religions are supported more by archeology and history than others.

Can you care to provide examples of these religions and the evidence that supports them? :?

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:58 am

plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:I think he's just very, very good at being very, very dumb. EX: the fact that nearly everything he says contradicts what he said before it.

Ex: He says that Christians are so much better and more moral, and yet he criticizes me for being openly Christian.

How pathetically stupid can one person be?

uh huh, both of which are false. I never implied any christian supremacy. You don't know what you believe, so you start with this bullsh*t.

kyle the skeptic has no idea what he is talking about, and probably can't lend any worthwhile opinions to this, so he creates his bullsh*t excuse and leaves, goodbye

Yada yada.

You made a damn thread about how "true" Christians are better than homosexual "heretics".
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 am

O'Brien wrote:
plk12345 wrote:Some religions are supported more by archeology and history than others.

Can you care to provide examples of these religions and the evidence that supports them? :?

sure, however, these things can't prove Christianity to any extent, but it can give it support.

the empty tomb and the historicity of jesus are compelling. The fact that the jews did not deny jesus' miracles. Keep in mind that the best supporting source is a hostile source. The motives of the early church and records of the world going black, if you really want to stretch. The old testament has been backed time and time again by archaeology.
http://www.probe.org/content/view/31/77/

Nommel wrote:Yada yada.

You made a damn thread about how "true" Christians are better than homosexual "heretics".

hahahaha, are you dellusional, out of your mind, or on an acid trip??! When did i do that
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:05 am

PLK is just upset because the pages of his bible got stuck together after his latest session of jerking off to David and Johnathan's steamy romance, and he can no longer refer to it to support his claims.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:09 am

plk12345 wrote:hahahaha, are you dellusional, out of your mind, or on an acid trip??! When did i do that

"Gay Marriage Debate Thread"

And yeah I'm out of my mind, but at least I'm not a stupid bigot. :)
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:10 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:PLK is just upset because the pages of his bible got stuck together after his latest session of jerking off to David and Johnathan's steamy romance, and he can no longer refer to it to support his claims.

big will, can you ,like, delete posts like these or something?

Nommel wrote:"Gay Marriage Debate Thread"

And yeah I'm out of my mind, but at least I'm not a stupid bigot. :)

i didn't create that thread, nor did i imply any degree of christian supremacy in it. Honestly, give me a real explanation.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:11 am

Oh I'm sorry, PLK. I was wrong. Actually you hijacked Kyle's gay marriage thread. My humblest apologies, O' brainess bigot bible basher.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:13 am

Nommel wrote:Oh I'm sorry, PLK. I was wrong. Actually you hijacked Kyle's gay marriage thread. My humblest apologies, O' brainess bigot bible basher.

"hijacked" it huh? I guess we'll just ignore that my name was in the very first post
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:15 am

plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:Oh I'm sorry, PLK. I was wrong. Actually you hijacked Kyle's gay marriage thread. My humblest apologies, O' brainess bigot bible basher.

"hijacked" it huh? I guess we'll just ignore that my name was in the very first post

Yes, we will. We'll also ignore the fact that you spent a large portion of the thread posting images of sausages.

Speaking of sausages, do you still look at pics of them when nobody's around?
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:17 am

Nommel wrote:Yes, we will. We'll also ignore the fact that you spent a large portion of the thread posting images of sausages.

the more you speak the more you back my theory that you don't have any idea what you believe, and keep pulling this bullsh*t to run away
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:19 am

plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:Yes, we will. We'll also ignore the fact that you spent a large portion of the thread posting images of sausages.

the more you speak the more you back my theory that you don't have any idea what you believe, and keep pulling this bullsh*t to run away

Really?

I haven't really said much about what I believe, just what you believe.

Then again all beliefs are one, so it doesn't really matter.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 am

O'Brien wrote:
plk12345 wrote:The old testament has been backed time and time again by archaeology.
http://www.probe.org/content/view/31/77/

The thing is, the Iliad's claims of the existance of Troy can also be backed by archaeology. However there's nothing to suggest that the Greek gods who interloped in the Trojan War actually existed. The same applies for Biblical archaeology; just because the remains of a city that corresponds with Jericho or Sodom have been dug up doesn't really prove God's existance as well. Like Homer, the writers of the Old Testament could have taken real-life events and heavily exaggerated their accounts to suit their purposes.

yes, i've heard this argument before, and it was inevitable that you would bring it up. You are correct, the archaeological evidence evidence for the old testament stories are equal to the archaeological evidence for troy, but it still lends credibility to them. There is a greater chance that christianity is true that that mormonism is true, because we know there was no such Israelite civilization in america. Christianity is also more likely to be true than islam in that sense, because hostile sources confirm the crucifixion. We can pretty much agree on this, correct? We can also agree on the empty tomb, and that jesus somehow got people to believe he performed miracles, even his worst enemies, regardless of whether they were legit miracles.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 am

Nommel wrote:
plk12345 wrote:

Really?

I haven't really said much about what I believe, just what you believe.

Then again all beliefs are one, so it doesn't really matter.

well please proceed

to give you what you need
9 to 5 motherf*ckers
Get live motherf*ckers

no, really, what do you believe about the law of moses?
Teh_Sex0r

Postby Teh_Sex0r » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:27 am

Threads like these are teh gay. People need to wake the f*ck up and realize that Christianity isn't the only f*cking religion out here. "Omg do u believe in jesus? OMG do u believe in teh god? Omg lol let's all praise jesus lolol"

I know that at Kiddy Bible Camp, they made you believe different, that "OMG JESUS IS TEH PWN" But guess what! Christianity isn't the only religion. I realize it may be the most "popular" religion in America.. but America also has.

*Pagans/Wiccans (such as myself)
*Jews
* every other f*cking religion out there.

So next time I see "OMG DO U BELIVE IN GOD? JESUS LOVES YOU" in some damn thread or myspace bulleten, I will piss on it, just like I am doing to this one.

To answer your question, yes - but not your "God", the invisable man in the sky. I "believe" in the God and the Goddess, and the existanece of them have been proven to me. I also "believe" in every other God and Goddess in my religion - however, I DO NOT TRY TO PUSH THIS ON PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO FOLLOW ANOTHER RELIGIOUS PATH.
Last edited by Teh_Sex0r on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TITS!!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”