Do you believe in God?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 am

Nommel wrote:
plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:Yes, we will. We'll also ignore the fact that you spent a large portion of the thread posting images of sausages.

Speaking of sausages, do you still look at pics of them when nobody's around?


the more you speak the more you back my theory that you don't have any idea what you believe, and keep pulling this bullsh*t to run away


Really?

I haven't really said much about what I believe, just what you believe.

Then again all beliefs are one, so it doesn't really matter.


well please proceed

to give you what you need
9 to 5 motherf*ckers
Get live motherf*ckers

no, really, what do you believe about the law of moses?
Teh_Sex0r
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Postby Teh_Sex0r » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:27 am

Threads like these are teh gay. People need to wake the f*ck up and realize that Christianity isn't the only f*cking religion out here. "Omg do u believe in jesus? OMG do u believe in teh god? Omg lol let's all praise jesus lolol"

I know that at Kiddy Bible Camp, they made you believe different, that "OMG JESUS IS TEH PWN" But guess what! Christianity isn't the only religion. I realize it may be the most "popular" religion in America.. but America also has.

*Pagans/Wiccans (such as myself)
*Jews
* every other f*cking religion out there.

So next time I see "OMG DO U BELIVE IN GOD? JESUS LOVES YOU" in some damn thread or myspace bulleten, I will piss on it, just like I am doing to this one.

To answer your question, yes - but not your "God", the invisable man in the sky. I "believe" in the God and the Goddess, and the existanece of them have been proven to me. I also "believe" in every other God and Goddess in my religion - however, I DO NOT TRY TO PUSH THIS ON PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO FOLLOW ANOTHER RELIGIOUS PATH.
Last edited by Teh_Sex0r on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TITS!!
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:30 am

Teh_Sex0r wrote:Threads like these are teh gay. People need to wake the f*ck up and realize that Christianity isn't the only f*cking religion out here. "Omg do u believe in jesus? OMG do u believe in teh god? Omg lol let's all praise jesus lolol"

I know that at Kiddy Bible Camp, they made you believe different, that "OMG JESUS IS TEH PWN" But guess what! Christianity isn't the only religion. I realize it may be the most "popular" religion in America.. but America also has.

*Pagans/Wiccans (such as myself)
*Jews
* every other f*cking religion out there.

So next time I see "OMG DO U BELIVE IN GOD? JESUS LOVES YOU" in some damn thread or myspace bulleten, I will piss on it, just like I am doing to this one.

To answer your question, yes - I "believe" in the God and the Goddess, and the existanece of them have been proven to me. I also "believe" in every other God and Goddess in my religion - however, I DO NOT TRY TO PUSH THIS ON PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO FOLLOW ANOTHER RELIGIOUS PATH.


Damn right.

As I've said, I'm Christian, but I'm not a damn bible basher.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:32 am

[quote="Teh_Sex0r":7e141]Threads like these are teh gay. People need to wake the f*ck up and realize that Christianity isn't the only f*cking religion out here. "Omg do u believe in jesus? OMG do u believe in teh god? Omg lol let's all praise jesus lolol"

I know that at Kiddy Bible Camp, they made you believe different, that "OMG JESUS IS TEH PWN" But guess what! Christianity isn't the only religion. I realize it may be the most "popular" religion in America.. but America also has.

*Pagans/Wiccans (such as myself)
*Jews
* every other f*cking religion out there.

So next time I see "OMG DO U BELIVE IN GOD? JESUS LOVES YOU" in some damn thread or myspace bulleten, I will piss on it, just like I am doing to this one.

To answer your question, yes - I "believe" in the God and the Goddess, and the existanece of them have been proven to me. I also "believe" in every other God and Goddess in my religion - however, I DO NOT TRY TO PUSH THIS ON PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO FOLLOW ANOTHER RELIGIOUS PATH.[/quote:7e141]

Learn to read:
No one said Christianity was the only religion.
Retard.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Kyle the Skeptic
Posts: 2226
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:34 am

Oh so the miracle stories are backed up by historical evidence? Show me the historical evidence that Jesus could jog on water, cure blindness with spit, turn water into wine, order demons around, or control the weather. Show me the historical evidence that he rose from the dead like Dracula and flew away like Superman.

Those miracle stories were no more literally true in the day they were written than they are now in our post-Newtonian world. The authors themselves would have been well aware of the fact that the miracles were written in as liturgical signs based on the epics and myths about previous leaders and prophetic figures, as literary devices to hyperbolically characterize in human language the experience they found in Jesus' teachings. At the time, it was basic common sense that such things do not really happen, just as it is today.

The empty tomb is not proof. If anything, it only lends evidence to the theory that Jesus never existed. There were no firsthand eyewitness accounts of the crucifixion either, as the disciples had all fled by that point, and the only historical records were written decades after Jesus was already dead.

Regardless, religious laws were created to serve humanity, not the other way around. Jesus himself taught that religious laws, customs, and traditions are only meaningful if they serve to enhance our humanity. Look at the story of the Good Samaritan (where Samaritans were typically regarded as inbred filthy heretics) or all the stories about his inclusion of women among his disciples. Any laws that denigrate people, divide us with a primitive tribalistic mentality, or encourage violence and abuse, need to change or die.



Oh wait, what I meant to say was:

KISS HANK'S ASS OR HE WILL KICK THE sh*t OUT OF YOU!
Last edited by Kyle the Skeptic on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:34 am

Nommel wrote:Damn right.

As I've said, I'm Christian, but I'm not a damn bible basher.


no, no, no, granted, i agree, you are not

you are a moron.

clearly, our religion tells us to try to spread christianity, and defend it when topics like this come up.
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 am

plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:Damn right.

As I've said, I'm Christian, but I'm not a damn bible basher.


no, no, no, granted, i agree, you are not

you are a moron.

clearly, our religion tells us to try to spread christianity, and defend it when topics like this come up.


I am defending it.

The biggest threat to Christianity is the image that morons like you paint for potential converts. You show an intolerant, stupid, outdated system rather than what it really is: Love.

CHRISTIANITY IS IN BASE, ABOUT LOVE. Not who's on our side or who's EVILLLL for masturbating.
Teh_Sex0r
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Postby Teh_Sex0r » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 am

Oh, so now I"m a retard because I just proved a point and I know how to debate, and because I get offended when people come up to me and tell me I'm going to Hell because of my pentagram necklace, and I get offended when people ask me "Do you believe in MY God? If you don't, you will be damned for eternity."

That makes me a retard? Get a life.
TITS!!
swellman7
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:27 pm

Postby swellman7 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:41 am

Not another PLk debate....
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:42 am

[quote="Kyle the Skeptic":5e142]Oh so the miracle stories are backed up by historical evidence? Show me the historical evidence that Jesus could jog on water, cure blindness with spit, turn water into wine, order demons around, or control the weather. Show me the historical evidence that he rose from the dead like Dracula and flew away like Superman.

Those miracle stories were no more literally true in the day they were written than they are now in our post-Newtonian world. The authors themselves would have been well aware of the fact that the miracles were written in as liturgical signs based on the epics and myths about previous leaders and prophetic figures, as literary devices to hyperbolically characterize in human language the experience they found in Jesus' teachings. At the time, it was basic common sense that such things do not really happen, just as it is today.

The empty tomb is not proof. If anything, it only lends evidence to the theory that Jesus never existed. There were no firsthand eyewitness accounts of the crucifixion either, as the disciples had all fled by that point, and the only historical records were written decades after Jesus was already dead.

Regardless, religious laws were created to serve humanity, not the other way around. Jesus himself taught that religious laws, customs, and traditions are only meaningful if they serve to enhance our humanity. Look at the story of the Good Samaritan (where Samaritans were typically regarded as inbred filthy heretics) Any laws that denigrate people, divide us with a primitive tribalistic mentality, or encourage violence and abuse, need to change or die.



Oh wait, what I meant to say was:

[url=http://www.jhuger.com/kisshank.mv:5e142][u:5e142]KISS HANK'S ASS OR HE WILL KICK THE sh*t OUT OF YOU![/u:5e142][/url:5e142][/quote:5e142]

Um, hostile sources also support the miracles, as i have pointed out. All historians almost simultaneously believe in the crucifixion and empty tomb. Everyone agrees with the crucifixion and empty tomb, except for jesus myth homosexuals like you. Even the jesus seminar historians agree that the gospel is an accurate account of what jesus said

Besides, you are you to use the claims of christ to support yourself, when according to your belief, none of the gospels can be trusted, so how can we even know for sure what the claims of christ were? So jesus' teachings automatically support what you say about destroying the law, when he clearly says that was not his mission (Matthew 5:17). This last post was filled with fallacies. Jesus clearly believed he was god, thus making him an evil lier if he was wrong. You can't just invoke a couple of his claims to support your belief that he was just a wise man and a political figure
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:44 am

The God of Abraham was created by man, just like every other god or goddess that humans have ever worshiped. The only difference between the Judeo-Islamo-Christian God and Zeus or Neptune or Ra is that people still believe in it.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:46 am

Nommel wrote:
plk12345 wrote:
Nommel wrote:Damn right.

As I've said, I'm Christian, but I'm not a damn bible basher.


no, no, no, granted, i agree, you are not

you are a moron.

clearly, our religion tells us to try to spread christianity, and defend it when topics like this come up.


I am defending it.

The biggest threat to Christianity is the image that morons like you paint for potential converts. You show an intolerant, stupid, outdated system rather than what it really is: Love.

CHRISTIANITY IS IN BASE, ABOUT LOVE. Not who's on our side or who's EVILLLL for masturbating.


uh huh, just what i thought, abandon the law in your modern american sentimentalism. Completely delete any thoughts that do not support your lifestyle. "Christianity teaches perfect love, so sin the law is completely falsified. Christianity is about love, so god approves every action we take"

clearly the law of moses disagrees with you! Do you just shove this out of your mind? I never even said homosexuals were evil. I said their lifestyle was wrong, but never that they are evil. If i were to judge you, i would be condemning myself for my sin. In the gay rights debate thread i was having fun in an infantile argument
MaxwellsSilverHammer
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:12 pm

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:47 am

*Sigh* Of course this thread would be a bad idea.. ><

Anyway.. yes, I believe in God, completely and totally. I'm Christian, but I don't believe that gays are evil, nor do I think that women ought to be submissive to their husbands or things like that. It's more about getting rid of selfishness and learning to love and care about others, as Jesus taught.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
plk12345
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:*Sigh* Of course this thread would be a bad idea.. ><

Anyway.. yes, I believe in God, completely and totally. I'm Christian, but I don't believe that gays are evil, nor do I think that women ought to be submissive to their husbands or things like that. It's more about getting rid of selfishness and learning to love and care about others, as Jesus taught.


i don't disagree with that. But the law still stands, and homosexuality is a sin. I'm not a proponent of hate toward homosexuals, but we should not blindly accept homosexual activity and marriage because jesus taught love. Jesus also taught that the law still stands, did he not? I really, really, would like to hear this sh*t from you people. If the law forbids it, and you are a christian, then why do you blindly accept it, i just don't understand

you people that keep saying "omg christianity isn't the only religion, omg, just need to understand that truth is exclusive by nature. People need rational duologue to discuss these things. Present your case in a structured and rational way. I was expecting philosophical and moral questions to support religion, rather than a bunch of people flaming me. If we all just presented out case in a rational way, had our debate on questions, without everyone coming in yelling random sh*t, we would be having a good discussion
Last edited by plk12345 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nommel
Posts: 2484
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby Nommel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:01 am

plk12345 wrote:homosexuality is a sin.


ANSWER FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL

WHY IS IT A SIN?

Give a valid reason, PLEASE.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests