George Bush

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

simon265

George Bush

Postby simon265 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 pm

If you could meet the president George Bush what would you say to him about his time as president?

:D :( :shock: :x
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:12 pm

"Good job, keep it up." Followed by the thumbs up while I wear a shit-eating grin or maybe a high five depending on whether he's signing a child or something.
Hello, I'm a British person!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:25 pm

"That's okay Mr. Bush, we've all had jobs we've hated at one point or another. I'd buy you a beer, that is if I drank. I'd invite you to my party, that is if I were throwing one. However I still hate your guts for forcing us all to wait for 30 minutes in the Lincoln Tunnel on September 10th last year. I had to go to the bathroom, you know.

Don't worry, maybe you can get a better job managing a baseball team or a small oil company. That ought to work out well, right?"
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:43 pm

"Your shoe's untied... Ha, ha; made ya look!"

or...

"Afascistsayswhat?"

or...

"Don't feel bad about failing at being President. After all, you've failed in every other leadership position you've held. Really, it's our fault for expecting too much out of you."

You read it! You can't unread it!
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:56 pm

"Don't worry Mr. President, once 2009 comes around you can spend the rest of your days back at your Crawford ranch and forget all about this harsh presidency."

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:19 pm

he is the most powerful man in the world, so i probably wouldn't say anything to him.

We all know he is only acting when he is speaking in public. I'd like to see him curse out hillary clinton and all his other political enemies. That is how politics is supposed to be.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:23 pm

"Dude wtf"
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:04 am

"Mr. President, say what you mean at the podium*. Also, would you mind letting me to take over?"

*Reference to when George Bush came into a meeting at the whte house in 2002 and said, "f*ck Sadam, let's get him."*
That's how it's down here on the farm!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:34 am

"Bad Monkey, no banana"... ( because we all know he looks like a monkey)
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:08 pm

"Mr. President are you a Sith Lord?"

(Bush saying either you are with us or with the terrorists)
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:06 pm

"Mr. Bush, do as all a favor and for once, talk to us like we're adults. I mean, seriously dude, nearly every time you answer a question you sound like you're talking to a toddler. Stop patronizing us already. We know what your f*cking job entails, so you can stop avoiding questions by telling us what you do.

Contrary to what you think, Americans are smart and know what's going on. They don't need the leader of the free world to dumb it down for them. Now if you need to dumb it down for yourself, well that's another issue entirely. Your buddy Tony Blair isn't doing anything anymore, maybe you can get him to talk to us like we're intelligent adults if you won't."

swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:13 pm

"Why aren't the OBGYN's getting to share their love with women across the country?"
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:48 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:"Mr. Bush, do as all a favor and for once, talk to us like we're adults. I mean, seriously dude, nearly every time you answer a question you sound like you're talking to a toddler. Stop patronizing us already. We know what your f*cking job entails, so you can stop avoiding questions by telling us what you do.

Contrary to what you think, Americans are smart and know what's going on. They don't need the leader of the free world to dumb it down for them. Now if you need to dumb it down for yourself, well that's another issue entirely. Your buddy Tony Blair isn't doing anything anymore, maybe you can get him to talk to us like we're intelligent adults if you won't."

I don't know If I quite agree with this at all. Considering that most people in this country don't even know what a sunni or a shiite is. But seriously, he does end up conveying things to people in ways so even the most incompetent of people can understand. He probably doesn't expect much out of the American people after they starting saying 9/11 was an inside job.

If I could say something to the president, I would probably just have a conversation with him as if he was any normal person. And maybe give him a thanks or two. But I nonetheless would want him to try and ban the death penalty, and ask him what kind of alcoholic beverages he was drinking when he decided that Nancy Pelosi should have anything to do with being the speaker of the house.

I would also want him to help the US military engage in a switch between the 5.56 round (HSXL told me they are hopeless) to the 6.8mm so troops actually have the lethality to stop a guy in their tracks before blowing themselves up.

My most important question, would be if I could perhaps submit a few ideas for black projects to the feds, and if he would let me oversee them. A free patent on some of them would be nice too.

I guess I would also want him to shut down Guantanamo. I do agree that things like waterboarding could save lives, but I must say, this facility was one huge accident. You never want to trust 19 year-olds with that kind of power.

Along with that, I would want to ask him if he could perhaps raise the enlistment age to say, 21. After all, we don't want any "punk high school students" (as HSXL calls them) making life or death decisions.

One other thing I would like for him to do just before leaving would be to start considering the withdrawal of some troops. I keep on hearing from people at ground zero that as days go by, it's getting more and more to the point where the Iraqis have to start doing their part on their own. I would not however want him to follow that "timeline" withdrawal that so many people are bargaining for because like the president says, that just tells the enemy when we'll leave, and it gives them specific days to mark on their calendars for when they have nothing to worry about.

With all this in mind, I would also like for him to feel humanized. I guess I would tell him that I'm not another one of those young and dumb individuals who resort to simple thinking, or look to what their favorite celebrity is saying, for political advice. I would tell him that I have respect for him. I won't say he was a perfect president though I must admit he is a hell of a lot better than most people are willing to admit. (refer to some of the other posts on this thread to see what I mean.) :lol:
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:08 am

FreedomFighterXL wrote:I don't know If I quite agree with this at all. Considering that most people in this country don't even know what a sunni or a shiite is. But seriously, he does end up conveying things to people in ways so even the most incompetent of people can understand.

Bush routinely over-simplifies complex issues and that reflects badly on this country. I'd expect the President of the United States to at least sound like he knows what he's talking about even if the dumb people out there can't keep up. Appealing to the lowest common denominator might be an acceptable tactic during a campaign, but when you're actually in charge and explaining your coarse of action or whatever, I want the details; not this "I'm the decider" crap.

FreedomFighterXL wrote:He probably doesn't expect much out of the American people after they starting saying 9/11 was an inside job.

I seriously hope Bush doesn't think we're all idiots just because a few nut cases are covering thier heads in Reynolds Wrap (that's a brand of aluminum foil, European readers).

FreedomFighterXL wrote:...and ask him what kind of alcoholic beverages he was drinking when he decided that Nancy Pelosi should have anything to do with being the speaker of the house.

I bet George Bush wishes he could appoint the Speaker of the House. It would go well with his other power trips.

The Speaker is elected by the members of the House of Representatives. Since the Democrats have a majority in the House, they elected one of thier own Speaker. The President has no input on who gets chosen, especially when the other party runs the House.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”