Favourite God

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

vexille

Favourite God

Postby vexille » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:15 pm

This thread must be devoid of actual theological discussion, as these threads usually fall prey to some stupid prick saying something to piss off everybody, thus causing the whole thing to devolve into childish bickering and name-calling, eventually ending with BigWill to lock it up. So anyone coming here thinking they can start a fight can seriously f*ck off right now. Just say who your favourite deity is and why, and if you must respond to anothers post, it had better be a f*cking compliment, or I'll know the reason why.

PLK12345 need not apply to this thread since he is a known offender.

The coolest God to me is Thor, master of thunder, defender of Asgard and the human race, riding across the sky in his goat-drawn chariot, and wielding the mighty Mjolnir, smashing the sh*t out of giants, monsters and other scum.
Last edited by vexille on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:06 pm

Dionysus, he is the worlds first party boy, drinking, having a good time and surrounding himself with beautiful people. Mostly young men, but I can live with that.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
vexille

Postby vexille » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:42 pm

Dionysus, the King of playboy socialites, roaring piss-ups and debauchery. Love that guy. :D
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:00 pm

I was going to say, what a weird sounding thread.

That being said, uh... I guess the ones you always kill in Japanese videogames? You know, since that never really made much sense to me.
plk12345

Re: Favourite God

Postby plk12345 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:11 pm

vexille wrote:This thread must be devoid of actual theological discussion, as these threads usually fall prey to some stupid prick saying something to piss off everybody, thus causing the whole thing to devolve into childish bickering and name-calling, eventually ending with BigWill to lock it up. So anyone coming here thinking they can start a fight can seriously f*ck off right now. Just say who your favourite deity is and why, and if you must respond to anothers post, it had better be a f*cking compliment, or I'll know the reason why.

PLK12345 need not apply to this thread since he is a known offender.

The coolest God to me is Thor, master of thunder, defender of Asgard and the human race, riding across the sky in his goat-drawn chariot, and wielding the mighty Mjolnir, smashing the sh*t out of of giants, monsters and other scum.

f*ck you you stupid prick, what the f*ck did i do? Bitch f*ck, all i did was try to have a rational debate. What the f*ck? Name calling? Stupid homosexual

that being said, the gods from zelda kick ass, as far as i remember
vexille

Postby vexille » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:30 pm

plk12345 wrote:
f*ck you you stupid prick, what the f*ck did i do? Bitch f*ck, all i did was try to have a rational debate. What the f*ck? Name calling? Stupid homosexual

that being said, the gods from zelda kick ass, as far as i remember

You kind of answered your own question right there, f*ckface.
You call speaking like that a requisite for a rational debate? Get out of here you worthless piece of sh*t.

Clearly he doesn't know when he's not welcome. :roll:
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:41 pm

PLK is pretty dumb, but if my name was mentioned in such a way in a thread, I would most likely post in the thread and at least attempt to defend myself. Although what you said was true, you did provoke him to come in here.

My favorite God is Jimi Hendrix.
As enjoyable as abuse.
vexille

Postby vexille » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:49 pm

I wrote what I did because PLK will spread his bile in any thread that even vaguely pertains to religion. And before you know it, page upon page will involve people spitting at each other, until eventually BigWill locks it up. I do not want the same fate to befall this thread.
Last edited by vexille on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm just saying. There's nothing wrong with bashing him, because he deserves it---but there will be consequences, as you just saw. If you're okay with the consequences, then say whatever you want. But you've made it clear you're not okay with him being in here, so just be a little more cautious next time.
As enjoyable as abuse.
vexille

Postby vexille » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:03 pm

I admit that putting the word "God" in front of PLK's eyes is like waving a bone to dog.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:10 pm

SO back on topic, since I do enjoy Dionysus I must follow his precepts and drink more wine. To the vineyards people!
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
Elrog

Postby Elrog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:29 pm

Well I know the Norse and Greek Gods better than I know the only God, and maybe Roman Gods, I have a huge list.

1. LOKI! Loki is the god of mischief, the jotens, and fire. He has both aspects of fire, the cheerful harth fire with dangerous potential, and the horrid wild fire. As he grew older he only seemed inhabited by the wild fire. *coughNORSEPLAYBOYcough*

2. Artemis, the goddess of the moon, children, and deer. She is the virgin goddess, yet beautiful. She is the perfect goddess, and I roleplay her a lot and make her EVIL!

3. Heimdall, he has got to be my favorite. God of hawks and watcher of Bifrost. He is kind, but holds cold fury as Loki and Heimdall are bitter enemies.

4. A tie; Hermes and Ares. Hermes is just perfect, in every single way. No one doesn't like Hermes, yet he is a trouble maker. Ares, he seems whiney, disloyal, dangerous, what's not to like? They are like the greek counterparts of Loki and Heimdall which is good.

And one other, COOKIES IF YOU KNOW WHO SHE IS!

Skade, the cold joten goddess of the mountains. She is married to Njord though she wanted Baldur. ((She and Loki make such a cute couple!))

I am a mythology fangirl, I just listed the gods from my favorite pairings, yes, I pair all of these off, except Ares, he and Freya = love.

FANGIRL! *screams evilly* *runs in circles*

...This is a new side of Stormeh.

FAAANGIIIIRRL! *spam post*
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:34 pm

He's so tasty!
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
all_good_names_are_taken

Postby all_good_names_are_taken » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:51 pm

vexille wrote:and wielding the mighty Mjolnir

:lol:

Norse names sound so dumb in English. Also; norse! :lol:

Why americans like Thor:
Whatever!
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:17 pm

My gods have got to be Aphrodite (Venus), Cupid (Eros), Zeus (Jupiter), the Demeter-and-Persephone (Ceres-and-Proserpine) thing that had something to do with the four seasons, Hades (a hothead with a whiny-business attitude), Philostetes (Phil the "stubborn old goat"), and of course Hercules (a zero-to-hero kind of guy), some of which are known in both the Hercules movie and cartoon TV series (oh, I forgot to mention the Muses, and I mean those who sound like female Black American gospel singers). In fact, those Greek and Roman gods and goddesses were so sexy that they could f**k each other up and have babies too. :lol:
Still the same as it ever was.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”